SiouxSports.com Forum

And then there were 2....

SWSiouxMN

I don't think UND is going to go through a similar process for the logo as they did for the name.  They'll simply release what the logo is and move on from there.  However, there will be a lot of Hawks voters who are very disappointed and a lot of Roughriders voters saying "I told you so," which could lead to future protests, unfortunately.

Whatever the name is, I don't think they can turn the logo decision into a bigger clusterf**k than this, unless they invited everyone on earth to submit their designs in free hand on a bar napkin and/or through interpretative dance. 

• Upvote 1

Whatever the name is, I don't think they can turn the logo decision into a bigger clusterf**k than this, unless they invited everyone on earth to submit their designs in free hand on a bar napkin and/or through interpretative dance. 

Quit revealing the process!!! :angry:

(And don't underestimate the power of human stupidity to mess this up.) 

Edited by The Sicatoka

I thought Ralph just did it & it was so awesome that no one could possibly find any reason not to change from the Blackhawk

Plus Ralph may have pulled the funding if there would have been

Which almost happened shortly after over the name - but the uprising was held off long enough to get Ralphs $$$

All the more reason it is so sad

Edited by Fetch

Just talked to another UND alum who has and will vote again for FH because of the "neat feathers" that will be on the logo!  I countered with you really mean a generic geometric logo that will be a simple outline of a head and dot for an eye.  I don't think I changed her mind on the vote. 

Edited by UND1981

Just talked to another UND alum who has and will vote again for FH because of the "neat feathers" that will be on the logo!  I countered with you really mean a generic geometric log that will be a simple outline of a head and dot for an eye.  I don't think I changed her mind on the vote. 

You probably will make more progress banging your head against a wall.

Come on some Students or anyone

Do a Hawk morphed from the Sioux Logo

More Hawk than Sioux maybe just colors - but Hawks have feathers

Enough to make us remember the past

You don't think they know people will try this crap with a hawk logo? They're going to shoot those down instantly. Use your head. We can't be the Sioux or anything remotely close as long as the NCAA exists.

I'm interested to see how close this is. I think a lot of the Nodaks crowd, will move to Roughriders.

I think it would take a monumental shift to overthrow Fighting Hawks now.  If all the same people voted, and they all won't as some have stated, you would need to get just about every one of the Nodak votes, and that is not going to happen.  The only hope would be to have a pretty big shift and have more people voting this time around, which unfortunately I don't think is in the cards either.  

I think some of us assume the hockey team will have the new logo prominently displayed on the front of their jersey.  But just because UND prominently featured the Sioux logo does not mean it will feature the new logo on the jersey. 

I know for many, it will depend on the logo that is created.  But for me personally, I'd rather the hockey team just stay the way they are now than have a Hawk logo plastered on the front of the jersey.  And that doesn't mean it's some form of protest by the hockey team.  Most college hockey teams DO NOT have their logo prominently displayed on their primary jerseys. In most cases, the logo is either not present, just on a shoulder patch, or limited to alternate jerseys. UND could easily stick with what they have and go with a classic jersey look like Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, and countless other schools.  In the NCHC, I believe only CC and Duluth prominently display their logos on their primary jerseys on a regular basis. 

The football team will almost certainly not incorporate Hawks into their uniforms, as they barely incorporated the Sioux nickname into their uniforms.  Except for a brief stint in the mid 80s with a shoulder patch, and a tiny Sioux logo on the collar in the 00s, I don't think the football team ever incorporated the nickname into their uniforms.  

The basketball team is also unlikely to incorporate the logo.  The uniforms used to say SIOUX in block letters, so maybe they might say HAWKS someday, but I hope they just keep it the same as they have now.

I have hope that the new logo will be amazing, and will be featured on uniforms and jerseys and at center ice/center court/midfield(Oh wait, thanks Alerus, guess that isn't possible)

You don't think they know people will try this crap with a hawk logo? They're going to shoot those down instantly. Use your head. We can't be the Sioux or anything remotely close as long as the NCAA exists.

I'd love to see that battle be fought after all we have been through

Are we really going to go over this again?!?!?!?! 

Yes, people are justified in North Dakota being eliminated. Not because of the fact that it was eliminated, but because of the timing of when it was eliminated. This option (given its popularity) should have either been eliminated on day one, or left as an option throughout the process. You don't dangle the carrot out there, then take it away at the end.  

Pretty much over the "fact" that no nickname was the most popular. Clearly the message boards and social media are the voice of the vocal minority (vote totals for Nodaks and Roughriders further confirms it). Not to mention attendance at the support rallies were beyond a complete joke.

My personal opinion is it should have been eliminated day one. But, in the appearance of all-inclusiveness and "fairness", it wasn't, it was basically given the same treatment as everything else (outside of the "reconsideration"), so I'm not sure how complaining about how it was eliminated carries much weight.

Well I'm trying to resign myself to accepting that we will soon be the Fighting Hawks.  Since many want Ben Brien to have a shot a the logo, I've been looking at Native American artwork relating to hawks.  I don't think we'll get a hawk with a headdress, but I can see a new president potentially allowing it to have characteristics common in tribal/Native American artwork.  Here's some hawks.....

cb2ecd8f357128748aa19c88f919ba02.jpg 9d62b7387dab61faf98449083ce0f9ac.jpg 2816998073_c4ba43168b.jpg

9491ae308cf6978e1221d26cc58320b8.jpg  tribal_abstract_hawk_tattoo_design_10.jpd2297e8f6ee164ece08bbd0ba8216632.jpg

red-tailed-hawk-clipart-1114180-Tribal-Bnative-american-symbol-eagle-779719.jpeg

C:\Users\AJCRON~1\AppData\Local\Temp\mso

Do a Hawk morphed from the Sioux Logo

I bet you get your wish ... but it'll morph from this logo ...

http://vector.me/files/images/6/9/69970/und_fighting_sioux.png  

My bet: it'll "morph" from the old geometric UND logo to a geometric hawk (see: Atlanta Falcons) and then many will realize they've been had. 

Edited by The Sicatoka