SiouxSports.com Forum

And then there were 2....

SWSiouxMN

Well now I have a good reason to not donate when the alumni center calls.  Truly embarrassing that we will be Hawks.  Flickertails would be better.  Rough riders pairs well with Fighting Sioux.  Screw the local yokels opposed to Rough riders because of the high school.  

I am with you on your last sentence, but I find your first sentence disturbing and abhorrent. You would be targeting the establishment figures that screwed this whole thing up, but would be hurting the students and student-athletes instead. It's like Kirk said to Khan in Star Trek II.

Edited by fightingsioux4life
  • Upvote 1

They seem to represent the entitled population who want "this or nothing". 

I for one have changed by mind according to the beliefs of THE VOTERS. The majority has spoken; thus, I will get on board and move on. 

Go UND!

let's not lump everyone together that voted a certain way.     I voted Nodaks, but will move on and will now be voting Fighting Hawks.   Go Hawks!

• Upvote 3

Well now I have a good reason to not donate when the alumni center calls.  Truly embarrassing that we will be Hawks.  Flickertails would be better.  Rough riders pairs well with Fighting Sioux.  Screw the local yokels opposed to Rough riders because of the high school.  

If that's the threshold for your support of the University, good riddance. 

• Upvote 4

I fly to away games to support them SiouxFan97.  Don't tell me I don't support them.  I am entitled to my opinion.

being competitive in the d1 world is more than just ticket sales (away games don't help und btw)...merchandising can make und some decent money and hawks aint it...

• Upvote 3

It is actually very entertaining to read all the threads about vote this or vote that.  Voted FH in first vote, RR in second, and could vote either way as the only two I can stand are remaining.  Funny thing is the whole pushing of your favorite or athlete's favorite can push people away instead of bringing them into your corner.  How about someone just makes a single thread of the positives and negatives of each possible winner.  At the end of the day all the name calling will stop and we will need to rally around this change together. 

• Upvote 1

How many of you hockey folks thought "Wild" was the dumbest nickname choice ever...and now have 17 different Minnesota jerseys hanging in your closet because that logo is just so damn cool?  

Show of hands, please, by +1's or -1's.

Ha, that post made me laugh.... I remember the first time I heard the Minnesota's new nickname. I said WTF, of course, I never actually said the eff word. :wink:

Roughriders is just too old school for kids.  Would Buckeyes, or Badgers, or Hoosiers, or Cornhuser actually win in their atates if they weren't the name now?

exactly.  I made this same point a couple weeks ago.  both nodaks and roughriders sounded ancient to the students.   and no-   buckeyes, hoosiers, etc. would never garner student support if they were to vote today.