SiouxSports.com Forum

And then there were 2....

SWSiouxMN

Please Do#5 in green & white with Fighting Hawks  on top - on a ND state map background & Nodak Nation  underneath 

That would sell

Nothing really Native American about this idea

Sorry not flag ND State map outline

Edited by Fetch

Uh folks ... the feathers of the most common hawk in ND are considered ... sacred to many American indigenous peoples

So is the bison, and the eagle, and the.......

They got the "people not mascots" thing, they don't get animals too.  Fighting Hawks is a weak name, but it's looking like it's time to start preparing for it.  "Control what's yours to control" if you will. ;)

Thanks Man

I really like it

This is going to come down to Logo & this will SELL 

no doubt Sioux will follow Fighting for many for sometime - but in time with a good logo it will fade

Maybe even work in University of North Dakota  or the UND flame logo where Grandforks is on map (?)

Edited by Fetch

assuming the same voting pool, 83.65% of nodaks voters would need to choose RR over FH.  Not gonna happen.

out of curiosity, I ran the numbers of both votes against the finalists...

in the first vote, out of the votes cast for the 3 semi-finalists, the percentages were within  a couple points of where they ended up in the runoff vote:

43% Fighting Hawks

29% Roughriders

28% Nodaks.

Then if you cut that to only the voters who voted for either Hawks or Roughriders, it comes to to:

60% Fighting Hawks

40% Roughriders.

If you consider only the votes cast for the two finalists during the runoff, it came out to:

62% Fighting Hawks

38% Roughriders.

Even though there were thousands more voters, the percentages stayed relatively consistent.

so, my conclusion is that there will have to be a monumental shift of voters OR a huge influx of new voters to defeat Fighting Hawks.

Oh F'Hawk.

hawk_logo_teaser.jpg hawk_02_teaser.jpg
These takes on the ATL Hawks logo are my favorite. Simple. Crisp. I can only imagine the new UND logo would be either a) a hawk head or b) a hawk in that position where it's going to attack something, with it's wings spread and talons out and ready. Like EWU's, only green

I feel like that hawk is peeping at me through a window.  With UND's recent personnel issues, we don't need any peeping hawks. ;)

On the one I suggested

It doesn't pop - maybe more vertical less horizontal ? (To fit on a jersey ?)

Darker or brighter Kelly green ?

Maybe the Hawk in green some black or white?

Like I said University of North Dakota above Fighting Hawks ? 

Maybe not the right hawk ( Love to see what Ben B thinks - he gets it)

But I think it's close