SiouxSports.com Forum

And then there were 2....

SWSiouxMN

Exceptions to every rule -- accounting for that  <1% of the population is what led to the removal of the Sioux name. Use that reasoning if you'd like.

I like some students too. We all were snot-nosed 20 year olds, just like we were all 4 year old kids needing discipline, 8th grade kids being sent to the principles office, and new grads at our first jobs -- doesn't mean they possess the same perspective, or hold the school in the same esteem as one who has been associated with the school for longer.

Does your parents marriage of 50 years represent greater value than your marriage of 1 year? In a similar way, the association with the university is more valued the longer it goes back, at least in my mind.

So you are calling for a minimum age for voting? Is 30 old enough for you?

Pulled from the considerable depths of your ass

I think its fair to say the number of students that have bled green from the time they were born is a far minor to the number of students who moved in from out of state and have only recently adopted kelly green. I choose to read "<1%" as an exaggeration

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So you are calling for a minimum age for voting? Is 30 old enough for you?

absolutely not. I think you are failing to read the part where age only matters on the basis of donations, losing seasons sat through, things of that nature.

If a 60 year old fan became a fan yesterday, then no, his opinion is no better than a students. If you'll take a look, you will see my original post stating that current student/faculty votes should count as 1 vote.

No, you choose to make %&*! up as you go

If you can't see the logic in what I've said, The University of North Dakota has failed you as an education provider, and is getting what it deserves.

A one year marriage holds considerably more value when applied to the future.

Whose marriage advice would you hold in higher esteem?

If you can't see the logic in what I've said, The University of North Dakota has failed you as an education provider, and is getting what it deserves.

Logic? What logic? That current students haven't lived on earth long enough to be considered important on this issue?

I stand by all the statements I have made.

Logic? What logic? That current students haven't lived on earth long enough to be considered important on this issue?

I stand by all the statements I have made.

You refuse to read what I've written. It's not the age that matters, its the number of $$ committed to the university, it is the number of tickets bought, sweatshirts worn. It is the support in those years that matters.

If there are so many hard core died in green students, why don't they stay beyond halftime of a football game?  Case closed.  The hard core ones do.

That is a product of the sad state of the FB program until this year. And that won't change overnight. From 2001-05, the student section was rocking.

• Upvote 2

Students  almost live on the internet today.  A lot of them, and faculty, have to use the UND system daily.  It's easy for students and faculty to vote, and probably 60-80% voted.  Compare that with alums who work.  Many of them can't access personal items on the internet or are just so busy or to removed from the whole issue.  Probably 25% voted this time, and less before.

120 continuous hours to click a mouse 3 times to register a vote....and yet some didn't have time???

we need to get a preposterous statement tournament started on this website.

furthermore, if they don't have that " much time"or they are "too removed" as you say, then that answers the question- They don't care enough to vote, those that cared, voted, and the results are what they are.

• Upvote 1

Please don't confuse longevity with value. Some couples stay together for financial and/or parental reasons, not because they are happy with each other.

In the same way that Vikings fans aren't extinct - in the same way that there are still UND football fans after the Muss era. Their opinions should've counted for more, in my mind.

You refuse to read what I've written. It's not the age that matters, its the number of $$ committed to the university, it is the number of tickets bought, sweatshirts worn. It is the support in those years that matters.

I have read what you have written and it's pure, unadulterated B.S. So voting rights should be tied to $$$ donations? Then all we would have to do is use the Champions Club priority list to determine voting rights. But that would make this process even more elitist than it already is.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And the students are part of the group that's going to be donating in the future, purchasing tickets in the future, wearing sweatshirts in the future. We deserve just as much of an opportunity to vote. I'm completely against Fighting Hawks and it's unfortunate the students seem to be carrying that. 

• Upvote 1

In the same way that Vikings fans aren't extinct - in the same way that there are still UND football fans after the Muss era. Their opinions should've counted for more, in my mind.

Who has said their opinions should count more? Not me. Everyone gets one vote and that is how it should be. The eligible voting pool is one thing they haven't screwed up during this whole charade.

• Upvote 3

120 continuous hours to click a mouse 3 times to register a vote....and yet some didn't have time???

we need to get a preposterous statement tournament started on this website.

furthermore, if they don't have that " much time"or they are "too removed" as you say, then that answers the question- They don't care enough to vote, those that cared, voted, and the results are what they are.

Some people are so busy with their live, they don have time to waste on message boards.  If they live out of state, they almost have to read the Herald to keep up on nickname news.  For many people, that's impossible.

You seem to live in a dream world where everyone is like you.

Edited by SiouxVolley

I would think the elitists at the top of the Champions Club would have managed the process differently than how it has been handled, but we'll never know. I understand the future donations from current students, again, never said they shouldn't get a vote - they just haven't demonstrated their support yet. Like a bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

The amount of ridiculous statements in this thread in thread in the past hour is amazing. Stop trying to generalize everyone. Equal say was the best way to do it. I was never an 8th grader sent to the principal. I knew nothing about UND prior to my junior year of high school yet I check the Grand Forks Herald daily now and I live in Michigan and graduated in 2008.

• Upvote 2

Some people are so busy with their live, they don have time to waste on message boards.  If they live out of state, they almost have to read the Herald to keep up on nickname news.  For many people, that's impossible.

so if they are that detached from the University, why should there votes count for more ?