Nickname Vote: Exit Poll  

241 members have voted

1. 1. What name did you vote for?

• Fighting Hawks
    • North Stars
    • Sundogs
    • Nodaks
    • Roughriders

It stated right in the Qualtrics instructions it was a best practice to list the choices randomly.

Not sure what the fuss is about for some and in which order they appear........read people.......read! There are only 5 options.

I never got any email.  Who do you contact or is it too late?

Did you register before 10/1? I had not been receiving emails from UND because I was on the Do Not Email list. When I call, they fixed that, but they also told me that being on the Do Not Email list would NOT affect who received the email from Qualtrics. That email was going out to everyone in their system that had a confirmed email address.

I never got any email.  Who do you contact or is it too late?

If you got an email from the Alumni Foundation but not Qualtrics, I'd contact the Alumni Foundation for support.  If you didn't get an email from either, then it appears you didn't get your info updated with the Alumni Foundation and it's too late.

The order would affect the vote if it was the same every time. 

Are you serious?  How?  Again 5.....FIVE.....choices.  One vote for 5 choices.  One reads the thru the five choices and picks one.  The order makes no difference if it is random or identical for every email.  

If I go to my local polling site for any given election all the ballots are the same.  So does that affect the vote too?  

Any thoughts on the Grassy Knoll?

• Upvote 1

Are you serious?  How?  Again 5.....FIVE.....choices.  One vote for 5 choices.  One reads the thru the five choices and picks one.  The order makes no difference if it is random or identical for every email.  

If I go to my local polling site for any given election all the ballots are the same.  So does that affect the vote too?  

no they are not.  unless you voted twice and can verify

no they are not.  unless you voted twice and can verify

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.........then those scanners that read the little colored in oval from the paper ballots are way more sophisticated than I thought? :silly:

The first choice and the third choice as listed would end up being the top vote getters for those who are undecided. A and C are the most popular and comfortable choices. This is supported by research. There is a reason for randomizing it every time.

I, for one, am just glad this whole process is coming to an end.

Same here. And, as one of my old profs was quoted on in the Herald, it's time to move on and for the U  to get back to why it exists:  Students and Education

• Upvote 2