Nickname Vote: Exit Poll  

241 members have voted

1. 1. What name did you vote for?

• Fighting Hawks
    • North Stars
    • Sundogs
    • Nodaks
    • Roughriders

Yes, and look at the poll numbers on here now!!  Get ready siouxfan97 head is going to explode..:lol:

Go Nodaks!

i've said at the beginning that those are good numbers up there...a lot of hockey only fans on here so i was thinking that nodaks (especially with the blessing of gods like brad berry/schollsman) would be way ahead on here...RR will win. if nodaks does i'm fine...

this nodak crap is already hurting our brand...we are known as either university of north dakota, north dakota, or und...this nodak crap is already hurting our national branding...nodak on the power play, nodak is with the goal, or nodak will be shorthanded...total crap....

• Upvote 1

i've said at the beginning that those are good numbers up there...a lot of hockey only fans on here so i was thinking that nodaks (especially with the blessing of gods like brad berry/schollsman) would be way ahead on here...RR will win. if nodaks does i'm fine...

Sure, because you have shown you would be alright if RR loss, not! But hey, like you said nothing to worry about "RR will win".

this nodak crap is already hurting our brand...we are known as either university of north dakota, north dakota, or und...this nodak crap is already hurting our national branding...nodak on the power play, nodak is with the goal, or nodak will be shorthanded...total crap....

youll be "fine" remember,  if Nodaks wins :ohmy:

Not that it's exactly breaking news, but Jayson Hajdu did comment on the live chat that arenas have long used "NoDak" or similar on their scoreboards.     The announcers knew UND no longer used the Fighting Sioux nickname, so they likely just went with the next most obvious thing.   I joked about it on the chat myself, but I can't believe it was something anyone asked them to do.

Not that it's exactly breaking news, but Jayson Hajdu did comment on the live chat that arenas have long used "NoDak" or similar on their scoreboards.     The announcers knew UND no longer used the Fighting Sioux nickname, so they likely just went with the next most obvious thing.   I joked about it on the chat myself, but I can't believe it was something anyone asked them to do.

Don't you know? It's been said the promotion of that name is a ploy by the hockey team to still call themselves Sioux. Of course they arranged for the obnoxious overuse of that name by the announcers and for the placement on the scoreboard. I mean, that's the only reason anyone would vote for "Nodaks", right? :blink::wink::p

Two more hours of voting, then hopefully we will have some closure, at least for the time being.

• Upvote 2

hope a few more votes were cast for RR after that cluster(##(#()@ webcast...

I don't  know, SS has the most pro-RoughRiders crowd I've seen.  When everybody wanted to stay ND, people here were going hard for RoughRiders.  If Riders is losing to Nodaks here, there may not even be a second round.

I don't  know, SS has the most pro-RoughRiders crowd I've seen.  When everybody wanted to stay ND, people here were going hard for RoughRiders.  If Riders is losing to Nodaks here, there may not even be a second round.

this is a very very pro hockey message board...i think with the percentage of nodaks catching up in the above poll just shows that the non-rr crowd was all over the place...most people when they saw RR in final dozen or so knew that was their pick and never swayed...the other voters need some time and influence to decide on a name and i think that hurts their chances...you take all the fh votes out there and give them to the nodaks and its a runaway but splitting votes three ways for the hockey crowd between fh, ns, and nodaks in the long run will hurt all three...