SiouxSports.com Forum

Drake is next.

bang

I'm certain the coaching staff will point to Montana's loss at home the week about beating the bison as an example of what can happen after a big win. Every game is going to be a struggle - you can bet Drake is going to air it out plenty on Saturday. 

Game against a senior laden team sandwiched between fbs and ndsu. Definition of a trap game

I haven't had too much time to research Drake but last year when they played a pretty decent Western Illinois they were handled.  A team I have never heard of had some offensive success in game #1 against Drake.  I expect to handle Drake yet they will be experienced and crafty enough to put up a fight, which is exactly what we need to continue to build off the big win and improve.  It wouldn't do any good to play a Valpo or another crappy team right now, if anything it hurts playing really crappy teams because good players get sloppy and rely on the talent imbalance to make up for mistakes and sloppiness.  When talent is the same, it comes down to doing things the right way.

I'm hoping we play another solid game next week, control the entire game, and win big.  Let's not get ahead of ourselves though thinking we are going to blow them out.  Seems like I recall the Wyoming fan base thinking they were going to beat us by 20-30 points and we know how that turned out.  :)

• Upvote 2

I'm hoping we play another solid game next week, control the entire game, and win big.  Let's not get ahead of ourselves though thinking we are going to blow them out.  Seems like I recall the Wyoming fan base thinking they were going to beat us by 20-30 points and we know how that turned out.  :)

Drake did play a close game (44-30) with someone named William Jewell.

For those interested in knowing some of Drake's key players before the Potato Bowl game (going strictly off Drake's week 1 game) :

#15 Sr. QB Andy Rice, 6-3 219 lbs. Last week stats: 24-37, 286 yards passing, 2 TDs, 1 Int

#4 Jr. RB Conley Wilkins, 5-10 194 lbs. Last week stats: 22 carries, 110 yards, 3 TDs

#85 Sr. TE Eric Saubert, 6-4 242 lbs. Last week stats: 7 receptions, 74 yards, 1 TD

#42 Sr. LB John Hugunin, 5-11 232 lbs. Last week stats: 9 tackles

#23 So. DB Sean Lynch, 5-9 167 lbs. Last week stats: 9 tackles

#29 Sr. DB Bryan Pisklo, 6-1 188 lbs. Last week stats, 4 tackles, 1 Int, 1 pass break-up

http://www.godrakebulldogs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15700&ATCLID=210320845

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

UND needs to do exactly what Bubba expects them to do:

Play tough, smart, physical football on offense and aggressively get after people on defense.

If UND focuses and plays their game - exactly what they did against Wyoming - they will be fine. Can't turn the ball over on offense and need to be physical up-front. On defense, stop the run, and on 3rd down, GET LOUD in the Alerus and help Sack City come alive

Should be a fun 50th annual Potato Bowl!

Go UND!

Don't look now, but the Sioux now have a 3- game winning streak, with an opportunity to make it 4 in a row this weekend.  Anyone know when the last time was that the Sioux had a 4-game winning streak?

The end of the 2011(4) and beginning of the 2012 (2) season. It was actually a 6 game winning streak before San Diego St snapped it. 

This is a college sports fan forum, so forgive me as I dip into the frivolous for a second. I just watched the walk out for Virginia Tech vs Ohio State. I hope we figure our walkout/hype video out. I personally have found it a little lack luster in the past. Man, that atmosphere looked sweet in Virginia tonight

• Upvote 1