SiouxSports.com Forum

Drake is next.

bang

Weekly 2 deep changes:

Offense
WRZ - Stanley replaces Georges (injured) at #1 and Reed slides into Bridges spot at the #2
WRB - Bridges replaces Stanley at #2

Defense
Noah Johnson replaces Carrothers as #2 LDE
Carrothers moves up to #1 NG, replacing Woodsmall. Tank Harris moves into #2 NG position

what's the deal with Woodsmall?

Weekly 2 deep changes:

Offense
WRZ - Stanley replaces Georges (injured) at #1 and Reed slides into Bridges spot at the #2
WRB - Bridges replaces Stanley at #2

Defense
Noah Johnson replaces Carrothers as #2 LDE
Carrothers moves up to #1 NG, replacing Woodsmall. Tank Harris moves into #2 NG position

Clive being out hurts because he can stretch the field.  We need to replace that that element or teams start packing the box and safeties get a little too comfortable coming up hard on run.

Personally, I had no idea Caggiula played football. If I was Brad Berry, I wouldn't think it was a good idea to let me face 11 guys, let alone on a playing surface he's not used. I wouldn't risk it with someone who I think could be a Hobey Baker Finalist this year. Some may call it a bold strategy, I call it dumb.

P.S. When did he get the nickname "bulldog"? Seems like there would be a more fitting breed for how shifty he is (not trying to suggest he's not tough like a bulldog).

Drake has 35 seniors on the roster, including 17 fifth year seniors. What they lack in size and athleticism they will somewhat make up for in experience and cohesiveness. It would be foolish to take them likely. That said, if UND football really has turned the corner this year, then this is a game won by three touchdowns. 

Personally, I had no idea Caggiula played football. If I was Brad Berry, I wouldn't think it was a good idea to let me face 11 guys, let alone on a playing surface he's not used.

It's OK. Caggiula is allowed to have himself plus 11* clones of himself on the field at one time. 

*He's Canadian. Canadian rules. 

• Upvote 1

It's OK. Caggiula is allowed to have himself plus 11* clones of himself on the field at one time. 

*He's Canadian. Canadian rules. 

I'm assuming he gets the running start then?

BTW, did anyone else scrimmage against Canadian schools or schools from different classes in high school? So you'd be 11 man, and then on defense you'd play 9 man, or the Canadian/vice versa option.

Edited by ericpnelson

My gut is telling me that the players are feeling somewhat similar to how we all are, that they loved last week......and are excited to get out on the field and do it, and prove it again.  We didn't get too much respect coming into this season, rightfully so, but I think these guys are anxious to get back out there and show what they've got. 

Also there were enough mistakes for Bubba to impress on them that there still needs to be improvement.  Almost two TD's called back due to penalty, penalty to push us back to the 7 yard line and then miss that field goal are a few.  Having a long TD called back due to penalty, that is a total momentum killer, fortunately last week were able to overcome it.  

anyone know what radio station near bemidji, mn might have the drake game on??

You've got to stream it on line. Towards Bagley you can somewhat get it on 96.1. As far as I know that's it. You could try 94.9 but I doubt it will be on there. 

Edited by bang