SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2015-16 season

Frozen4sioux

@SchlossmanGF: Sounds like free agent D Troy Stecher will attend development camp with the Winnipeg Jets.

First if many to be reported im sure for undrafted and drafted und guys

Last year, Drake went to the Sabres camp and turned some heads.

Since the "Guess the Roster" game is closed since Zane left, I'll put my final guess as to what the roster will look like here:

Out (3 defensemen): Mattson, Panzarella, J Schmaltz

In (3 defensemen): Chartrand, Wolanin, Shaw

Out (1 goalie): MacIntyre

In (1 goalie): Tomek

Out (6 forwards): Pattyn, Gaarder, Parks, MacMillian, O'Donnell, Murphy

In (6 forwards): Gornall, Janatuinen, Gardner, Gersich, Wilkie, Boeser

That would make 10 freshmen on a 26 man roster and that matches what Brad Berry said when he said recently in an interview that "38% of the team will be freshmen" as 10/26 is 38.46%. 

Since the "Guess the Roster" game is closed since Zane left, I'll put my final guess as to what the roster will look like here:

Out (3 defensemen): Mattson, Panzarella, J Schmaltz

In (3 defensemen): Chartrand, Wolanin, Shaw

Out (1 goalie): MacIntyre

In (1 goalie): Tomek

Out (6 forwards): Pattyn, Gaarder, Parks, MacMillian, O'Donnell, Murphy

In (6 forwards): Gornall, Janatuinen, Gardner, Gersich, Wilkie, Boeser

That would make 10 freshmen on a 26 man roster and that matches what Brad Berry said when he said recently in an interview that "38% of the team will be freshmen" as 10/26 is 38.46%. 

TECHNICALLY, that would be 39% :D

Ummm no... the .46 rounds up to .5, making 38.5% and the .5 rounds up to the 39%.

http://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/math/roundingnumbers.php

;)

I suggest trying your little calculator again. Type in 38.46, and set the parameter to round to the nearest whole number. The answer is 38, not 39. Rounding is not a two step process. It is a one step process. You do not round from hundredths to tenths, and then tenths to the whole number. You go directly from hundredths to the whole number. 0.49 and down rounds to zero while .50 and up rounds to 1.0.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ummm no... the .46 rounds up to .5, making 38.5% and the .5 rounds up to the 39%.

http://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/math/roundingnumbers.php

;)

10/26 is 0.384615384615384615384615384615... (with the 384615 repeating). 

To two digits, that's 38%.

Trust Brad Berry. 

I suggest trying your little calculator again. Type in 38.46, and set the parameter to round to the nearest whole number. The answer is 38, not 39. Rounding is not a two step process. It is a one step process. You do not round from hundredths to tenths, and then tenths to the whole number. You go directly from hundredths to the whole number. 0.49 and down rounds to zero while .50 and up rounds to 1.0.

Turn down the salty meter, bub. I was just messing around.

Not the way I was taught how to do this... but alas... good thing I don't work with numbers. Wait... I do. Oh well... not my money.

Turn down the salty meter, bub. I was just messing around.

Not the way I was taught how to do this... but alas... good thing I don't work with numbers. Wait... I do. Oh well... not my money.

That's okay. I am an engineer (Dilbert and I are best friends). We engineers can't help ourselves. It is surprising how many on this board are engineers.

Was that sarcasm or are there legitimately a lot on here? lol

There are quite a few on the board. A number of years ago we organized an "unofficial" hockey tailgating party by the old Ralph (campus police sat in a car out on the street and watched us closely). Somewhere between 1/4 and 1/2 of those that showed up were engineers. A number of people on this board I know are engineers.

So a freshman coming with zero collegiate goals will replace Murphy on the roster..........who also had zero collegiate goals.  

Don't see what all the fuss is about here by some with his departure.