SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

On 4/11/2023 at 9:10 PM, Wilbur said:

That is why you bunt the baseball....

I was at the game 2 nights ago.   Left my seat right after Twins batted in 4th or 5th.  Quick pit stop in bathroom, reasonable line to get hot dogs, down a few sections and another reasonable line for a couple beers.  I missed 9 outs.  Game moves fast now.

• Upvote 1

On 4/5/2023 at 8:48 PM, Wilbur said:

Starting pitching has been really good.  Lineup still finding itself.

I'd say a 2nd or 3rd place finish in the Central seems like a fair guesstimate. 

I really think they have as good a chance chance as anybody (most notably the White Sox and also Cleveland) to win AL Central IF their starting pitching is for the most part healthy. KC and Detroit are non-factors. 

9 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Ohhh....but he hit a home run last night so that buys him a month right?

With Kirilloff coming back soon and Gallo playing well I hope he doesn’t get consistent at bats. Buxton will be DH’ing for a while I would think, with Kiriloff mainly at first and Gallo moving more to the outfield. Larnach has cooled off a bit but would also like to see him play consistently as well. 

On 4/19/2023 at 9:47 PM, F'n Hawks said:

With Kirilloff coming back soon and Gallo playing well I hope he doesn’t get consistent at bats. Buxton will be DH’ing for a while I would think, with Kiriloff mainly at first and Gallo moving more to the outfield. Larnach has cooled off a bit but would also like to see him play consistently as well. 

Anything....anything but Kepler.....

Get someone with a pulse leading off. 

38 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

My god losing a series to the Washington Nationals I think they would be a team that would be a 2 and BBQ in the NCAA Tournament this season.

What is that like 6 of last 7 Ls now?

Yup, proclaimed themselves kings of the world at 10-4....then they had a week to forget.

At least Correa got his average above .200.  Kepler....not so much.  

47 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

My god losing a series to the Washington Nationals I think they would be a team that would be a 2 and BBQ in the NCAA Tournament this season.

What is that like 6 of last 7 Ls now?

It seems weird (and maybe looking too much into this) but whenever Rocco ever has a blowup, the team responds with a long losing streak.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

It seems weird (and maybe looking too much into this) but whenever Rocco ever has a blowup, the team responds with a long losing streak.

Throw out the Bomba juiced baseball year and he's a sub .500 manager.  

Not playing a no doubles defense on Friday night late in the game cost them, and surprisingly not throwing to the cutoff man cost them the game.  This isn't the first time we've seen stuff like this.  Kepler making the third out of a game at home when they are down 5, misusing the bullpen....I'd get into Polanco not bunting to put the winning run on 2nd and keep them out of a double play but that would irk the don't bunt crowd.  

51 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Throw out the Bomba juiced baseball year and he's a sub .500 manager.  

Not playing a no doubles defense on Friday night late in the game cost them, and surprisingly not throwing to the cutoff man cost them the game.  This isn't the first time we've seen stuff like this.  Kepler making the third out of a game at home when they are down 5, misusing the bullpen....I'd get into Polanco not bunting to put the winning run on 2nd and keep them out of a double play but that would irk the don't bunt crowd.  

So instead the “we’re sick of losing crowd” gets irked?

On 4/19/2023 at 12:23 PM, Wilbur said:

Ohhh....but he hit a home run last night so that buys him a month right?

You nailed it. Other than his career year 3 or 4 seasons ago, he now basically hits like a dozen dingers and a .225 average each season. Okay numbers in this day and age for a real slick fielding middle infielder but not for a RF.

1 hour ago, Blackheart said:

So instead the “we’re sick of losing crowd” gets irked?

Ahhh yes!  But the binder says don't bunt so we can statistically have a bigger inning.  We could have scored 5 runs there in the bottom of the 9th there and won 7-3....:glare: