SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

I've seen a lot of the new pitch challenge rule in the minors this past week.  Got to say I like it.  Each team gets three pitch challenges, and you retain each successful challenge.  Keeps the game moving.  

Bottom of the lineup today....Kepler, Vasquez, Gallo, Taylor.....there just isn't any hope with those guys....

Last 70 games with Kepler and Gallo and possibly Taylor as your outfield.  Maybe Taylor is back, depends on Buxton ever playing in the grass again.  

1 hour ago, sioux rube said:

Sell Sell Sell 

If they are selling, you might as well blow the whole thing up and start over.

If Buxton can't play CF anymore... its time for a difficult conversation.

Give Wallner and Larnich fair shots in the outfield to see if they are the answers out there. 

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

If they are selling, you might as well blow the whole thing up and start over.

If Buxton can't play CF anymore... its time for a difficult conversation.

Give Wallner and Larnich fair shots in the outfield to see if they are the answers out there. 

Just looked at Buck's contract and he is locked in through 2026 with a full no trade clause, and them 27-28 there are five teams he can be traded too.  The Twins owe him 75 million through 2028.  I hope he starts hitting...:lol:

I personally think the pitching staff should be left alone, but if you've got a team that would give a lot for Maeda or Gray you've got to listen.  I think Ryan, Ober, Lopez, you've got to keep around because you've got extremely valuable team control years.  

Gray-Unrestricted after this year.  Could be a rental type guy for a team needing pitching. 

Ober-Pre arbitration years

Pablo Lopez-Under contract until 2027, got to keep rolling with him.

Ryan-Pre arbitration years.

Maeda-Unrestricted after this year.  Same as Gray.   

The bullpen is set for some time with some of the arms they have.  Lopez, Duran, Ortega, Jax, Stewart, Alcala, Balazovic, Moran, Thielbar.  You can let a guy like Pagan ride off into the sunset.  The pitching staff has been successfully rebuilt in my opinion, just need to get a lineup out there that can produce a bit.  

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I personally think the pitching staff should be left alone, but if you've got a team that would give a lot for Maeda or Gray you've got to listen.  I think Ryan, Ober, Lopez, you've got to keep around because you've got extremely valuable team control years.  

Gray-Unrestricted after this year.  Could be a rental type guy for a team needing pitching. 

Ober-Pre arbitration years

Pablo Lopez-Under contract until 2027, got to keep rolling with him.

Ryan-Pre arbitration years.

Maeda-Unrestricted after this year.  Same as Gray.   

The bullpen is set for some time with some of the arms they have.  Lopez, Duran, Ortega, Jax, Stewart, Alcala, Balazovic, Moran, Thielbar.  You can let a guy like Pagan ride off into the sunset.  The pitching staff has been successfully rebuilt in my opinion, just need to get a lineup out there that can produce a bit.  

Plus you still have Varland and Woods-Richardson in St. Paul and they won't give up on Paddick and Mahle just yet.

5 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Plus you still have Varland and Woods-Richardson in St. Paul and they won't give up on Paddick and Mahle just yet.

Paddack still with like two or three years of team control.  Interesting to see what they do with Mahle, as he will be a free agent.  

Twenty seven years ago today Kirby Puckett retired from the game.  I'll never forget it as I watched it from St. Mary's in Rochester as my aunt was diagnosed with cancer and was getting treatment at Mayo Clinic.  Whether it was a patient, doctor, janitor, you name it, there were tons of people in a family waiting area watching that press conference on TV.  I think he would have easily joined the 3,000 hit club if he played another four seasons.  

Sad he only lived 10 more years, and unfortunately had his demons.    

• Like 2