SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

17 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Something bold is needed to shake this up.  Give credit to Terry Ryan, in 2006, when the Batista/Castro left side of the infield experiment wasn't working.  He cut Batista and send Castro packing in a 24 hour span and replaced them with Punto and Bartlett.  We all know what happened next.

The Boy Wonders have gone all in on an old trend offensively that has past its prime.  It won't be long before the Pohlads go:  You either make changes now or begin updating your resumes. 

The Central is begging to be won by someone who can string together a long winning streak. The Twins have enough decent starting pitching to make it interesting in the postseason, they just have to get there first. 

I'm really over analytics in baseball.  Thankfully MLB eliminated the over shifting and made pitchers and hitters pick up the pace to make the games not last four hours.  

I allow myself to get over excited by success, and ticked off when they lose three of four to the mighty Tigers, and then bombed by a team that played a double header the day before and got into Minnesota the wee hours of Monday morning.  Can't convince myself they are a .500 team.  

Interesting to see if they are buyers or sellers at the deadline.

7 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I'm really over analytics in baseball.  Thankfully MLB eliminated the over shifting and made pitchers and hitters pick up the pace to make the games not last four hours.  

I allow myself to get over excited by success, and ticked off when they lose three of four to the mighty Tigers, and then bombed by a team that played a double header the day before and got into Minnesota the wee hours of Monday morning.  Can't convince myself they are a .500 team.  

Interesting to see if they are buyers or sellers at the deadline.

What do they have that anybody else would want?:whistling:

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

The Twins are lucky to have unloaded a guy who's gone 5-for-5 three times and is hitting 0.400 as of last night's 5-for-5. Who needs that in a lineup. 

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/35491193/sources-marlins-acquire-all-star-luis-arraez-trade-twins 

He's got 100 hits....and the closest Twins player has 51.....

34 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

On a positive note, Buxton/Kepler made solid contact on a baseball.

On a negative note Twins Twitter is now responding to an angry fanbase.  

I think they need a road trip. 

Buxton has held the Twins hostage for years based on his ceiling. He needs to be moved. Kepler has a BA under .200....enough said. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Buxton has held the Twins hostage for years based on his ceiling. He needs to be moved. Kepler has a BA under .200....enough said. 

Never been a big time Kepler guy.  I know all the statistics show he's an above average outfielder and he had that lightning in a bottle stretch, but it's time to move on.  I could see it being his last year as he had talked about quitting altogether this off-season.  

Then again with what the Twins did with Pagan, Max could get a lucrative extension.

9 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Look at that you got them a win!

I didn't mean for you to get Rocco ejected on a pitch that was strike three to a guy that regularly strikes out.  

Make that 2 in a row. Ryan pitched a complete game shutout. First one for the Twins in 5 years 

14 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Make that 2 in a row. Ryan pitched a complete game shutout. First one for the Twins in 5 years 

Ain't buyin' it.
No way, no way a modern pitcher can go nine innings.
His arm would fall off coming off the mound in the 6th and the pitching count stat-alytics numbers can't go above 90 pitches. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Ain't buyin' it.
No way, no way a modern pitcher can go nine innings.
His arm would fall off coming off the mound in the 6th and the pitching count stat-alytics numbers can't go above 90 pitches. 

Google Louis Tiant. Maybe the way to save your arm is to smoke big Cuban cigars. That guy was fun to watch. 

Even as a Bucs fan, I'm more of a Bob Gibson guy. 

"Believe me, I would much rather get three outs on three pitches than three outs on nine pitches, because that's going to make me that much stronger at the end of the game. "My pitching pholosophy is simple. I believe in getting the ball over the plate and not walking a lot of men."

"When I knocked a guy down, there was no second part to the story."

https://www.baseball-almanac.com/quotes/bob_gibson_quotes.shtml 

• Upvote 1

In Atlanta for a few days and going to catch the Twins and Braves with my brother-in-law on Monday and Tuesday (He's a huge Braves fan).  Spent the evening in the Truist Park "The Battery" neighborhood.  What a tremendous job by the Braves creating a superb entertainment district for their fans.  Fantastic, clean, well built area.  The Braves were on the road today and they had the game on an outdoor big screen TV on a plaza with all the dining facilities with their patios open.  

I remember complaints from people about how far away from down town Atlanta they were building their new park, but hats off to them.  Can't wait to see the place on game day.  

Hope the Twins can scratch one out. 

• Upvote 1

The pitching is there.  Ober is arguably their best starter at the moment. Sonny, Pablo, Ryan all pretty good, Kenta getting his groove back with lower velocity, but he's an intelligent guy.  

If the offense could figure out how to get to 4 every game....

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

The pitching is there.  Ober is arguably their best starter at the moment. Sonny, Pablo, Ryan all pretty good, Kenta getting his groove back with lower velocity, but he's an intelligent guy.  

If the offense could figure out how to get to 4 every game....

Plus with Duran and Jax on the back end, if you can get 7 out of your starters and turn it over to them, you have a good chance.

Again, still a small sample size, but if Balazovic can keep it up, there's your middle relief fix.

• Upvote 2