SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

13 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

First place Twins are now a game under .500, saw this is the latest in a season a team has been under .500 since like 08

Crazy stat.  Would be in last place in the AL East.

At some point heads need to start to roll.  Falvey, Levine, Rocco, Kepler.

If there is a team stupid enough to trade for Correa at the deadline you make the move. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Crazy stat.  Would be in last place in the AL East.

At some point heads need to start to roll.  Falvey, Levine, Rocco, Kepler.

If there is a team stupid enough to trade for Correa at the deadline you make the move. 

I’m afraid Correa is going nowhere unless he wakes up before the deadline. What a massive waste of money so far 

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Wilbur said:

One hundred percent.  It's unacceptable to strike out as much as the Twins have, but this regime is okay with it obviously.  

The bomba year set this franchise back years.  We all enjoyed it but had no idea what we were getting ourselves into. 

It goes back to something that has, quite honestly, lingered with the Twins for many years.

They are late to the party when it comes to the trends in baseball and they overstay their welcome on old trends when the rest of the league starts to pivot to something else. 

The 3 outcome approach is dead.  

There is a place for analytics in baseball yes, but there needs to be a place for the basic fundamentals of baseball.  The Twins have swung from one extreme to another and need to find a way to hit the middle.

• Upvote 1

They are somehow in first place with basically no production from Correa and very little from Buxton. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I really like and believe in this starting rotation, but not the lineup. 

If this organization had any balls, Wallner would be taking all of Kepler’s AB’s and Kepler wouldn’t be on the team. If Miranda can figure it out again in triple A again, he deserves another shot as well. 

They can keep giving AB’s to guys that have had a long chance to prove themselves or platoon guys, or they can ride with Kiriloff/Larnach/Lewis/Wallner/Miranda(ifhe figures it out again) and give those young guys a long look. It would likely be ugly for a while, but can’t we worse than what’s happening right now.

I think the Mets are in over reaction mode and would trade for Correa.  That allows the Twins to have Farmer play short until Brooks is ready, and gets rid of a lot of money.  Plus the Mets may throw Parada, Ramirez, or a Mauricio in the deal to sweeten it.

12 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I think the Mets are in over reaction mode and would trade for Correa.  That allows the Twins to have Farmer play short until Brooks is ready, and gets rid of a lot of money.  Plus the Mets may throw Parada, Ramirez, or a Mauricio in the deal to sweeten it.

Well, the Mets wouldn't be the only ones in over reaction mode...

Just now, Wilbur said:

Ohhh....this is why....okay.  

Why would the Mets ever want him if he wasn't a big time player? Has he been cold at the plate to start the year? Sure. But if you think any team would trade away a superstar like him 2 months into the season then maybe baseball isn't for you.

Just now, SiouxBoys said:

Also, you're responding to a game where Correa single handedly beat the Yankees in New York. Something big time players do. Classic Minnesota sports fan you are.

He pitched that entire game too?  Maybe baseball isn't for you?  Won the game by himself....lol....

I'll be done arguing though.  Have a good evening. ;) 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

He pitched that entire game too?  Maybe baseball isn't for you?  Won the game by himself....lol....

I'll be done arguing though.  Have a good evening. ;) 

*Wants to trade away a superstar to "get rid of a lot of money"*

*Complains that the Twins don't spend money*

Minnesota sports fans are something else 

18 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Twins actually win a series in the road even after pounding the Jays 9-4. Correa with a grand slam 

The three guys with slugging percentages below .400 and averages below .215 go deep.  Funny game.

I didn't watch the game but was told by my old man that there was like a three inning conversation on striking out too much vs. hitting the long ball by Bremer and company.

16 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Or extend Rocco even longer.

Something bold is needed to shake this up.  Give credit to Terry Ryan, in 2006, when the Batista/Castro left side of the infield experiment wasn't working.  He cut Batista and send Castro packing in a 24 hour span and replaced them with Punto and Bartlett.  We all know what happened next.

The Boy Wonders have gone all in on an old trend offensively that has past its prime.  It won't be long before the Pohlads go:  You either make changes now or begin updating your resumes. 

The Central is begging to be won by someone who can string together a long winning streak. The Twins have enough decent starting pitching to make it interesting in the postseason, they just have to get there first. 

What are we doing here? Why do they just keep doing the same thing over and over? Why is Max Kepler still employed? Emilio Pagan? We keep trotting Willi Castro out like he is something, he’s not. 

I’m done with this front office. When’s the last time they’ve came away from a trade laughing? I can think of two trades within the last year where the other franchise is laughing hysterically. There was a glaring hole all offseason with the bullpen but we decided to do nothing. 

I just don’t know what to do anymore. This team very well could still win the division because of how awful it is but not sure that’s really something to get excited about. Going to the game Thursday…. Can’t wait. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sioux24/7 said:

What are we doing here? Why do they just keep doing the same thing over and over? Why is Max Kepler still employed? Emilio Pagan? We keep trotting Willi Castro out like he is something, he’s not. 

I’m done with this front office. When’s the last time they’ve came away from a trade laughing? I can think of two trades within the last year where the other franchise is laughing hysterically. There was a glaring hole all offseason with the bullpen but we decided to do nothing. 

I just don’t know what to do anymore. This team very well could still win the division because of how awful it is but not sure that’s really something to get excited about. Going to the game Thursday…. Can’t wait. 

Wonder if Buxton would be good in CF? seems like he would be a natural out there

It’s to the point where Buxton has to play CF because he is providing no value at DH. He slumps way too much and is blocking the DH spot with no production. I understand he’s not fully healthy and they have basically shown he won’t play in CF (wouldn’t even put him out there for an inning in a situation with no bench players left and they would have been screwed if the pitchers spot somehow came up) but he is really hurting the team right now.