SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

10 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Ahhh yes!  But the binder says don't bunt so we can statistically have a bigger inning.  We could have scored 5 runs there in the bottom of the 9th there and won 7-3....:glare:

It's ridiculous how rare bunting is now. I hate the exaggerated shift, but I don't like that they made it against the rules. The players themselves could have ended it by bunting or slapping the ball down the line like Ichiro. The trouble is that bunting is giving up your chance for personal glory in favor of what is best for the team. I mostly blame ESPN.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Man they've had some ugly loses this year and gets added to the list, let it slip away

Really helps that the White Sox are really bad this year again. Guardians will be the only one to worry about and they have struggled a bit too.

On 4/23/2023 at 8:17 PM, N of GF said:

It's ridiculous how rare bunting is now. I hate the exaggerated shift, but I don't like that they made it against the rules. The players themselves could have ended it by bunting or slapping the ball down the line like Ichiro. The trouble is that bunting is giving up your chance for personal glory in favor of what is best for the team. I mostly blame ESPN.

I really miss the bunting part of the game.  It adds an exciting dimension to the over-all game strategy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2023 at 9:44 PM, Wilbur said:

Not a great last week.  Long season though.  Varland pitched well tonight, but they can't hit to save their lives.  Kepler can't lead off.  Need a high OBP guy.

I think they heard you. 22 runs combined for today and yesterday 

edit: 27 runs in the last 2 games 

I heard Sunday Minnesota put up 7s in the third and eighth.
Cousins to Jefferson each time? 

But I thought the NFL only played one OT.
How'd they get a TD in the eighth quarter? 

What's that? ... Huh? ... Twins? :huh: 

• Upvote 1

Most importantly, they are winning series.  Dropped the first to San Diego and Chicago, but came back to grab the last two.  Thats really all they'll need to do to win what has been a pretty poor AL Central to start the season.  

32 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Emilio Pagan again.....

Didn't play bad in Dodger stadium, some things didn't go their way.  

I’m not one to blame games on umps but game 1 of the series was brutal.

Lopez and Duran should have both been available today since they didn’t pitch yesterday and surprised they didn’t go to Lopez to get that last out of the 7th.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know what is more entertaining, watching Luis Arraez put up Tony Gwynn type numbers, or watching people (Twins apologists) just refer to a guy hitting .400 as "not a big deal" and "he's just a singles hitter".  

He's struck out less the entire season than the Twins did last night in Tampa.  I'd say the group is possibly missing some piranhas type contact guys.  Gosh I miss those teams, and I'll eat crow and say I miss Gardy.  Can't believe I said that.  

3 hours ago, Green Banner said:

Analytics are killing the game. 

One hundred percent.  It's unacceptable to strike out as much as the Twins have, but this regime is okay with it obviously.  

The bomba year set this franchise back years.  We all enjoyed it but had no idea what we were getting ourselves into.