SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

I said it elsewhere:

T-wolves bring back KG.

Twins bring back Torii Hunter.

When should I expect the announcements of the glorious returns of Duante Culpepper and Mike Modano? 

Twins you ask.

I say the over and under is 88.5. <-- That's not wins; that's losses. 

I'd say the roster is improved, but the manager is an unknown.  IMHO, the last couple of teams would've finished worse than they did if not for the manager they had.  Whether this year's team finishes ahead or behind those last couple seasons will all come down to what Molitor can get out of his players.

I'd say the roster is improved, but the manager is an unknown. IMHO, the last couple of teams would've finished worse than they did if not for the manager they had. Whether this year's team finishes ahead or behind those last couple seasons will all come down to what Molitor can get out of his players.

Gardenhire was going through the motions the last couple of years. He needed to be canned 3 years ago. Hell he brought Bartlett and Kubel from spring training to be on the opening roster.

I think the Twins will be improved and hang around .500 and probably end up around 80 wins. The offense should be pretty solid but CF is still a big question mark and the starting pitching should be better with the addition of Ervin Santana. The thing I'm mostly looking forward to though is seeing guys like Meyer, Sano, Buxton, and maybe Berrios make their debuts throughout the year

Gardenhire was going through the motions the last couple of years. He needed to be canned 3 years ago. Hell he brought Bartlett and Kubel from spring training to be on the opening roster.

I'd have to respectfully disagree.  Do you remember the pitchers he had to work with?  Not to mention (except I will) how many guys he had to start who were batting under .220, but there weren't better options.  No manager does well with those rosters, but I think he did better than should have been expected.

I'd have to respectfully disagree. Do you remember the pitchers he had to work with? Not to mention (except I will) how many guys he had to start who were batting under .220, but there weren't better options. No manager does well with those rosters, but I think he did better than should have been expected.

Oh and his playoff record was stellar. His ass cheeks tightened up when it came to the playoffs. I have nothing against Gardy. Seems like a guy i would love to have a beer or 6 with but won't miss him in the Twins dugout. It's Molly time. Hope he gets them going in the right direction.
  • Upvote 2

Oh and his playoff record was stellar. His ass cheeks tightened up when it came to the playoffs. I have nothing against Gardy. Seems like a guy i would love to have a beer or 6 with but won't miss him in the Twins dugout. It's Molly time. Hope he gets them going in the right direction.

A lot of blame goes to the front office; the minor league system went straight to Hades the last 5 years or so.

Gardy was the GM too? Torii Hunter's a nice sentimental pick to come back to Minnesota. Why didn't management check to see what Jack Morris, Tom Brunansky, and Butch Wynegar were up to these days?

Gardy was the GM too? Torii Hunter's a nice sentimental pick to come back to Minnesota. Why didn't management check to see what Jack Morris, Tom Brunansky, and Butch Wynegar were up to these days?

He personally wanted Bartlett and Kubel. He was also good at throwing young players under the bus. Good riddance.