SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

1 hour ago, SiouxScore said:

Twins getting a "fresh look" this offseason. I'm not a huge fan of what the current white and grey uniforms are so I'll be interested to see what they do there. HAVE to keep the powder blue look in the rotation and wear them more!

https://www.mlb.com/news/twins-plan-brand-refresh-of-uniforms-logos

You think the fresh new look will help distract the fans from the putrid product on the field?

11 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Twins getting a "fresh look" this offseason. I'm not a huge fan of what the current white and grey uniforms are so I'll be interested to see what they do there. HAVE to keep the powder blue look in the rotation and wear them more!

https://www.mlb.com/news/twins-plan-brand-refresh-of-uniforms-logos

No better way to fool the Minnesota faithful than with new packaging.

• Upvote 1

Correa opts out of the rest of his 105 million deal.  Seems like this past season he kind of fell to the Twins, now I'm not sure what happens with him.  He's 28 years old, has maybe 5-7 good years left in him.  Will a team give him a $300 million dollar 10 year deal? 

16 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Correa opts out of the rest of his 105 million deal.  Seems like this past season he kind of fell to the Twins, now I'm not sure what happens with him.  He's 28 years old, has maybe 5-7 good years left in him.  Will a team give him a $300 million dollar 10 year deal? 

Problem is that he is in a deep market for SS. So he might not get the deal he is seeking.

He would have been better off opting in for one more year and then testing the market with less SS out in free agency.

34 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Rat. Ship? 

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

highly doubt a 10 year deal will be given to him. I don't think Boras is looking for years as much as he is looking at getting the most he can a year. I could see a 7 year deal at 275 million with an AAV at 39.2 million. 

• 1 month later...

Hard for me to care anymore about baseball in general or the twins specifically. The system is built to favor the major market teams. Doesn’t mean the smaller market teams can’t compete in a specific year but it is not starting from an even playing field. The probability of the twins seriously competing for a championship in any one year is slim with the probability of an extended run of many years almost nonexistent. The only way for the twins to be a factor year in and year out is to deficit spend like the federal government. Don’t think any of these rich owners care to lose money every year nor should I expect them to.  Bottom line for me: implement a salary cap and I might start to care about baseball again. Since the chance of that is about the same as winning the lottery I will continue to glance at the standings every week or two and possibly watch some games if the twins make the playoffs.  Otherwise I just don’t give a damn. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Green Banner said:

Joey Gallo is a typical twins signing, a name that sounds familiar and then you check his stats and then curse the twins until Sunday. He is the next Sano

It was one that they really didn't need to do.  I would rather see the kids in the outfield and in 1B.  

If you want him as a full time DH, go nuts.  

Twins are spending too much time chasing the last trend (3 outcome guys) and not enough on the new trends in baseball.