SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

40 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

It was one that they really didn't need to do.  I would rather see the kids in the outfield and in 1B.  

If you want him as a full time DH, go nuts.  

Twins are spending too much time chasing the last trend (3 outcome guys) and not enough on the new trends in baseball. 

Exactly they have good young talented outfielders, granted health has been a issue with most of them. Kepler time is up. Twins seem to always have a surplus of position players but not much when it comes to pitching

• 4 weeks later...

I don't care how they got him back I'd rather have Correa than not and a 6 year deal for 200 isn't bad at all. Looking at the roster I have to think more is coming. The logical guy I see moving is Kepler. Maybe you build a package with him and one of the young starters like Ober or Winder and a prospect to target a top of the rotation pitcher.

C-Vazquez
1B-Kirilloff
2B-Polanco
SS-Correa
3B-Miranda
LF-Gallo
CF-Buxton
RF-Kepler
DH-Arraez

Bench/On the way- C-Jeffers, OF-Larnach, Wallner, Gordon, Celestino, Garlick, IF-Farmer, Lewis, Julien, Lee, Martin

SP-Gray, Maeda, Ryan, Mahle, Ober Other options-Varland, Winder, Paddack, Woods-Richardson, Balazovic, Prielipp
RP-Duran, Lopez, Jax, Alcala, Thielbar, Moran, Sands, Henriquez, Canterino, Megill, Pagan(yuck)

32 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'd be concerned with what the SFG and NYM found that had them walk away. 

If the Twins offered what they were offering for him, yes. Walk away.

Giving him a 13 year or 12 year contract with guaranteed money is, to be honest, stupid.

The fact it is only for 6 years at minimum, it makes it tolerable/reasonable. 

I hear the argument that the Twins should have used the $$$ for pitching.  Okay, name one pitcher* in the open market that would make the squad better.  

*Well, there is one out there... but no one is going to touch him with a 100 foot pole. 

24 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

If the Twins offered what they were offering for him, yes. Walk away.

Giving him a 13 year or 12 year contract with guaranteed money is, to be honest, stupid.

The fact it is only for 6 years at minimum, it makes it tolerable/reasonable. 

I hear the argument that the Twins should have used the $$$ for pitching.  Okay, name one pitcher* in the open market that would make the squad better.  

*Well, there is one out there... but no one is going to touch him with a 100 foot pole. 

They still have money to spend if they want to reach the same tax payroll as last season, like 15-20 million. So I would hope there is some sort of trade in the works for a SP, and I’m guessing Kepler will be gone.

22 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

I don't care how they got him back I'd rather have Correa than not and a 6 year deal for 200 isn't bad at all. Looking at the roster I have to think more is coming. The logical guy I see moving is Kepler. Maybe you build a package with him and one of the young starters like Ober or Winder and a prospect to target a top of the rotation pitcher.

C-Vazquez
1B-Kirilloff
2B-Polanco
SS-Correa
3B-Miranda
LF-Gallo
CF-Buxton
RF-Kepler
DH-Arraez

Bench/On the way- C-Jeffers, OF-Larnach, Wallner, Gordon, Celestino, Garlick, IF-Farmer, Lewis, Julien, Lee, Martin

SP-Gray, Maeda, Ryan, Mahle, Ober Other options-Varland, Winder, Paddack, Woods-Richardson, Balazovic, Prielipp
RP-Duran, Lopez, Jax, Alcala, Thielbar, Moran, Sands, Henriquez, Canterino, Megill, Pagan(yuck)

Agreed on Kepler.  Missed the boat on bigger earlier opportunities to move him, but it seems like the front office is ready to move on. 

I thought the current regime that was put in place was to build twins organization into organization that could draft build farm system that would supply pitching like where they came from in Cleveland but they have been since 2016 only top line pitcher they have had is from previous regime developed. My question where is the accountability for the head office by ownership and management when we have had no success in player development. Most of the talent can be traced back to previous GM in the Twins organization and they have spent fortune on modern technology but very little results. Now were heading down path of signing high cost free agents can we now afford to go this way.

48 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

That proposed Arrez trade to Miami to get Pablo Lopez is about to go down.

And.....gone.  I'll miss Arraez.  The one guy that had quality at bats game in and out.  

Didn't fit the regime's launch angle mold unfortunately.  Hopefully he takes a run at the NL batting title. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...