SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

11 hours ago, Wilbur said:

... may mean Rocco puts the binder down once in a while.  Maybe an announcement from MLB that bunting is still a legal play would help.  

Viking hire analytics minded GM and coach -> Brilliant! 
But Rocco needs to put the binder down ... hmmm ... 

Can anyone in MLB bunt? Last great bunter I can think of is Jay Bell

11 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Different sports, different situations, but just a different vibe in Minnesota yesterday on the football field.  There was a new blood energy that I felt gave the team a boost.  And the fan base is thrilled to see a new regime after the last one ran its course, and was as successful as it was going to be.  

On the baseball field we are just lifeless.  Lots of injuries, but I think a new front office and manager could go a long ways in getting some excitement back at Target Field.  

Who knows, not being able to shift next year may mean Rocco puts the binder down once in a while.  Maybe an announcement from MLB that bunting is still a legal play would help.  

Or the FO goes with the idea they mentioned briefly this year but never did it.  Pitchers only pitching 2-3 innings at a time.

48 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Being pulled with a no-no going is a huge red flag for any potential free agent pitcher to sign here under Rocco....

not that there's not other red flags too but

He didn’t say it in his post game interview but you could tell Ryan wasn’t happy being pulled 

Baseball has become soft and almost unwatchable. Analytics and "injuries" have ruined it. Buxton and Kelper, just to name a couple, wouldn't last a week in the NHL or NFL.

Ryan should be pissed.....what a special opportunity wasted. 

2 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Good.

Hope he channels that in his next start against Cleveland, which if they want any shot of winning that divison, they have to win at least 4 of 5.

I honestly could see the kid get bombed his next start in Cleveland.  To his credit he was very professional in his post game interview.  Praised his teammate who blew the no hitter, but said all the right things.  I'd be really impressed if he was able to put it all behind him and have a good outing next time out.  Lets hope he does.   

That all said he's clearly pissed off.  And Sonny was also very pissed off earlier this year when taken out of a game he felt he could go longer in, add Dylan Bundy to that list as well.   

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I honestly could see the kid get bombed his next start in Cleveland.  To his credit he was very professional in his post game interview.  Praised his teammate who blew the no hitter, but said all the right things.  I'd be really impressed if he was able to put it all behind him and have a good outing next time out.  Lets hope he does.   

That all said he's clearly pissed off.  And Sonny was also very pissed off earlier this year when taken out of a game he felt he could go longer in, add Dylan Bundy to that list as well.   

While I can certainly understand him being upset with that*, I would be too as a competitor... You have to put it behind you considered THE series of the season starts on Friday and he needs to pitch his best to help the Twins get back in it. Ryan and Gray going in Games 4 and 5 aren't exactly the best case scenario for the Twins... but if they can at least Meatloaf the first 3 games, they will be in a good position.

I won't get into the whole, well Johan got a no hitter and basically wrecked his career, because that idea is a bit silly.**  

*Of course Ryan could have helped his case by not having 30+ pitches being fouled off.  Cut those in half and I bet you he gets the full 9. 

**Poor Santana though: if he got to pitch a few more seasons, wonder if that would have made a difference for his HOF case.

13 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

While I can certainly understand him being upset with that*, I would be too as a competitor... You have to put it behind you considered THE series of the season starts on Friday and he needs to pitch his best to help the Twins get back in it. Ryan and Gray going in Games 4 and 5 aren't exactly the best case scenario for the Twins... but if they can at least Meatloaf the first 3 games, they will be in a good position.

I won't get into the whole, well Johan got a no hitter and basically wrecked his career, because that idea is a bit silly.**  

*Of course Ryan could have helped his case by not having 30+ pitches being fouled off.  Cut those in half and I bet you he gets the full 9. 

**Poor Santana though: if he got to pitch a few more seasons, wonder if that would have made a difference for his HOF case.

I was at a game where Johan came close in Minnesota against Detroit back when Detroit was good (Magglio, Miggy), and I said that he would some day get one based on how overpowering he was.  The people that say the no hitter wrecked his career overlook the fact that his career was already on a path to ending and his control had already slipped because of some arm issues.  Plus it wasn't actually a no hitter because a guy hit a fair ball that was called foul....:lol:

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I was at a game where Johan came close in Minnesota against Detroit back when Detroit was good (Magglio, Miggy), and I said that he would some day get one based on how overpowering he was.  The people that say the no hitter wrecked his career overlook the fact that his career was already on a path to ending and his control had already slipped because of some arm issues.  Plus it wasn't actually a no hitter because a guy hit a fair ball that was called foul....:lol:

That year when Johan and Liariano were cooking was an entertaining summer.  Made batters look like absolute fools.

8 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Predictable 

disappointing every year

But that one was the real heartbreaker.

The Twins had a lot of playoffs teams that quite honestly didn't have the goods to win it all, but that 06 team had IT.  

But Liri blew out his arm.... god that hurts just thinking about it.