SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

On 8/25/2022 at 6:46 PM, sioux rube said:

Where you been? :)

To me, it just seems more than the usual grumbling on Twins Twitter. 

At least its hate and not apthapy.

What does the saying go? The opposite of love isn't hate, it is indifference?

21 hours ago, Shawn-O said:

Anything short of the playoffs and I wonder if they move on from Rocco.   

Depends.  If they completely fall apart, I could see it. 

I could see movement in the front office as well, since the Texas job is open and Levine spent a good chunk of this time down there.  

12 hours ago, Ice Arena Man said:

I just ate crow the one in extra innings on a walk off walk with bases loaded

Ahh, but did you?  They bunted the guy over to third, which created some pitches under duress...sure enough....they scored the run.

The amount of times they've had a leadoff double die at second this year because of poor situational hitting......I'll take bunting a guy over to third every time. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Perhaps the win last night was the spark they needed to make a September run.

8 Games with Cleveland will go a long ways.  Looks like the White Sox have given up on Tony.  I thought they'd make a run.  

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

8 Games with Cleveland will go a long ways.  Looks like the White Sox have given up on Tony.  I thought they'd make a run.  

Best thing to happen to the AL Central.

They should be a AL contender, but their prime will be wasted with LaRussa. 

Four in a row after a six game losing streak.....only the Twins.

Today is the get through Archer experiment after the get through Bundy experiment.

-Archer for 4, maybe 5 with some luck.

-6th Megill/Jax

-7th Fulmer

-8th Duran

-9th Lopez

The way that Duran mowed through the heart of the Beantown lineup yesterday was a thing of beauty.

24 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Four in a row after a six game losing streak.....only the Twins.

Today is the get through Archer experiment after the get through Bundy experiment.

-Archer for 4, maybe 5 with some luck.

-6th Megill/Jax

-7th Fulmer

-8th Duran

-9th Lopez

The way that Duran mowed through the heart of the Beantown lineup yesterday was a thing of beauty.

Isn't Sands still up so they could piggyback for a few innings?

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Isn't Sands still up so they could piggyback for a few innings?

Think Moran is as well.  Get up a bunch and not use Duran, Fulmer, Lopez would be nice.

Feel bad for Smeltzer, guy has been extremely valuable this year.  More so than Pagan. 

• Upvote 1

Gordon has been so valuable.  Many experts had the Twins letting him go since he's out of options, but he's been huge for the club. 

If you had a healthy Buxton in center, and Garlick playing left, I'd have no issue sitting Kepler and having Gordon play RF.  Or if Correa opts out let Gordon hold short until Royce is back.  

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

At least now I'm getting immune to bad losses by the Twins because they've had so many this year.

Lopez hasn't been good.  

Chance to get back into a tie for 1st and let it slip away. Need to take these next 2 against Chicago before heading to New York with Cleveland facing Seattle right now before they get Kansas City Monday. 

I'd move Duran into the closer role but that was my feeling when they acquired Lopez, I thought Lopez should've just been used as a setup guy/2nd closer when Duran couldn't go. Lopez has really struggled with command. The homerun of Thielbar was a real hanger too although it didn't even look like the guy hit it very well.