SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

Looking at the Twins record as well as the rest of the AL Central makes one chuckle.  Chicago is .500 with a bunch of talent, the Twins are 4 games above .500 with a bunch of talent and a fixed bullpen.  Cleveland is 6 games above with great pitching, but goes into worse offensive stretches then the Twins.

Maybe Cleveland has the best chance of the three in the postseason, but I can't imagine any of these teams making a run. 

6 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Duran is just the man.  I know they won't give the award to a rookie pitcher, but he's the best rookie in baseball.

Thank you Eduardo Escobar for being traded for him years ago....

Watched Duran the other night; has some real nasty stuff.  The Twins better hang on to him; teams like New York and the Dodgers will probably come sniffing around.

12 hours ago, Wilbur said:

My word, how poorly managed is this team?  You just expect stupid mistakes because that's what we've seen everywhere all year long.  

Be 68 and 68 by this time tomorrow. 

He needs to go.  I've never seen such mismanagement of a pitching staff.    

Well the Vikings beat the backers to start the season...

Any of the MN sports fans that even remotely followed the twinks now can just pretend they don't exist and concentrate on planning the Super Bowl parade....

That is untill the 1st round playoff loss in January, and hopes turn to the promise of pitchers and catchers reporting....

Maybe the replacement North Stars distract them for a bit, but....

the promise of a June top of the AL central will eventually return...

This is how 20 years pass in the blink of an eye

• Upvote 3

Different sports, different situations, but just a different vibe in Minnesota yesterday on the football field.  There was a new blood energy that I felt gave the team a boost.  And the fan base is thrilled to see a new regime after the last one ran its course, and was as successful as it was going to be.  

On the baseball field we are just lifeless.  Lots of injuries, but I think a new front office and manager could go a long ways in getting some excitement back at Target Field.  

Who knows, not being able to shift next year may mean Rocco puts the binder down once in a while.  Maybe an announcement from MLB that bunting is still a legal play would help.