SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UNO - Saturday Gameday

AZSIOUX

Couple of thoughts:

I think the arrangement of Sioux fans was intentional they didn't want us all in one spot.

How can the premeditated throwing of a fish on the ice not be a delay of game - doesn't matter if it is their tradition - it can still be penalized as delay of game especially when it's obviously not random - they do it everytime they score? I'm not trying to be a party pooper but a rule is a rule. 

Glad to see all the Sioux fans made it home safe. Took us 22 hours and a hotel stay in York, NE to make it home to Colorado.. Went 113 miles in 10 hours yesterday. Glad to be home.

Another great trip to Omaha and had a blast with all the Sioux fans. It was nice to see live hockey with 2000 of my favorite people watching my favorite team.

Sioux Ya Ya!!!!

HEEEEY SIOUX SIOUX lol

Always fun to hear about Sioux fans in other states.

Couple of thoughts:

I think the arrangement of Sioux fans was intentional they didn't want us all in one spot.

How can the premeditated throwing of a fish on the ice not be a delay of game - doesn't matter if it is their tradition - it can still be penalized as delay of game especially when it's obviously not random - they do it everytime they score? I'm not trying to be a party pooper but a rule is a rule. 

Because it's not a delay of game. It happens when there's a break in the game due to a goal being scored. No one touches the fish but the guy on the go cart- zamboni thing. He's on and off before the UNO players are done celebrating. Lighten up Francis.

Because it's not a delay of game. It happens when there's a break in the game due to a goal being scored. No one touches the fish but the guy on the go cart- zamboni thing. He's on and off before the UNO players are done celebrating. Lighten up Francis.

It's the same as when the Red Wings score their first goal (and usually only goal) of the game and throw the Octopus on the ice....and then another 40 minutes of watching paint dry. :)

I wasn't irrate just wondering - because I had heard that UND was threatened with penalties back when gophers used to end up on the ice. 

I wasn't irrate just wondering - because I had heard that UND was threatened with penalties back when gophers used to end up on the ice. 

The 1st time they do it in a game it's not a penalty.  If they would do it a 2nd time, it would be a penalty.  They only threw the fish on the ice after the 1st goal, correct?  The same thing happens in AK.

The 1st time they do it in a game it's not a penalty.  If they would do it a 2nd time, it would be a penalty.  They only threw the fish on the ice after the 1st goal, correct?  The same thing happens in AK.

So basically they are using their warning every game when the score a goal.  In the odd chance that a UNO fan throws their beer cup on the ice for a bad call, I would assume it would result in a penalty.  I wonder if that has ever happened there before.  Seems dumb to use up your warning in case a dumb fan overacts later. 

So basically they are using their warning every game when the score a goal. In the odd chance that a UNO fan throws their beer cup on the ice for a bad call, I would assume it would result in a penalty. I wonder if that has ever happened there before. Seems dumb to use up your warning in case a dumb fan overacts later.

Or if one of their stupid beach balls makes it to the ice. Some sioux fans in front of us were catching them and stomping on them:)

It's the same as when the Red Wings score their first goal (and usually only goal) of the game and throw the Octopus on the ice....and then another 40 minutes of watching paint dry. :)

I've watched a lot of red paint dry over the years - especially 1997, 1998, 2002, and 2008!
  • Upvote 1