SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UNO - Saturday Gameday

AZSIOUX

I'm not too picky, but, since I like high center ice seats, the first few rows of the upper level were great. Better seats than I could get at the X, since they were all  taken there when I started going. Ice making people need to improve, though. That was bad ice. Guess I didn't visit the area where people puke frequently.

The ice was supposed to be in on Wednesday night so a local team could skate on it that night and the teams could practice Thursday morning.  That wasn't the case and the Target Center really dropped the ball on that one. There were a lot of mistakes by the TC that affected things but that's expected with it being their first hockey tournament in forever.  I know the NCHC was pretty upset and that things are going to be much better this year.

The ice was supposed to be in on Wednesday night so a local team could skate on it that night and the teams could practice Thursday morning.  That wasn't the case and the Target Center really dropped the ball on that one. There were a lot of mistakes by the TC that affected things but that's expected with it being their first hockey tournament in forever.  I know the NCHC was pretty upset and that things are going to be much better this year.

Are you sure the teams didn't practice on Thursday morning. I am pretty sure I went and watched practices Thursday morning.

Are you sure the teams didn't practice on Thursday morning. I am pretty sure I went and watched practices Thursday morning.

I know I went and watched the sioux practice thurs afternoon. And during our walk over western mich players were just walking down one of the skyways after their practice. Maybe they were delayed?

I know I went and watched the sioux practice thurs afternoon. And during our walk over western mich players were just walking down one of the skyways after their practice. Maybe they were delayed?

Not that I remember...I went and watched some or all of the practices.

Not that I remember...I went and watched some or all of the practices.

I guess I worded it a little incorrectly.  The practices happened but that was the first time anyone had skated on the ice.  The original plan was for a local team to get some ice time to help get it ready for the practices.  That was the part that didn't happen.  They were still  filling in holes and whatnot at 2 a.m. Thursday morning.