SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UNO - Saturday Gameday

AZSIOUX

I thought the NCHC was wanting to become the premier league ? But were still having our big tournament of the year in a so-so arena ? We can't be a week before or after the WCHA at the X or another city with outstanding facilities & amenities that we want ? ? ?

When were all of the improvements supposed to take place. I thought that was part of the agreement, the big upgrades that were supposed to take place.

Negotiations took longer than planned.  They have an architect and design firm in place.  I think Mortenson is in charge of construction.  The last plan I heard was to get construction started some time this spring and be finished in the fall of 2016.

Arena is a dump, they haven't upgraded anything since the last time hockey was played there (around 2000)...Walking down to our seats in the lower level, you could see the metal stubs sticking out of the steps where the railing used to be...just one more thing to trip over...But even that was not as bad as the clueless people they had working at the games.  They had no idea what goes on at a hockey game...after a goal or big hit some fans were pounding on the glass; security tried to throw them out...every time I tried to enter my section with beers in hand, they asked to see my ticket.  At one point I made the gal hold my drinks so I could fish my ticket out of my back pocket.  Overall it was not a great experience.

I didn't mind the Target Center.

It was certainly no X, but I went into the tourney with the mindset that I knew it wasn't going to be...so myself and my two friends that came with me all had a fine time.

:)

I'm not too picky, but, since I like high center ice seats, the first few rows of the upper level were great. Better seats than I could get at the X, since they were all  taken there when I started going. Ice making people need to improve, though. That was bad ice. Guess I didn't visit the area where people puke frequently.

But even that was not as bad as the clueless people they had working at the games.  They had no idea what goes on at a hockey game...

^^ This was probably the worst part, but should be the easiest to fix for this year. 

I know I told the story on here last year, but when security sent a woman into the lady's rest room to clear it immediately after the game and my wife was still in there...  Well, luckily she didn't hurt the security person, and we were allowed back for the second day of games...

It was certainly no X, but I went into the tourney with the mindset that I knew it wasn't going to be...so myself and my two friends that came with me all had a fine time.

We went with the same mindset.  It was a no brainer that it wouldn't match the WCHA Final Five for a few years and maybe never.  But we did have a good time.  And I used the NCHC feedback process after the tournament to provide them with some tips and suggestions.  We will see what changes they have made for this year.

I thought the NCHC was wanting to become the premier league ? But were still having our big tournament of the year in a so-so arena ? We can't be a week before or after the WCHA at the X or another city with outstanding facilities & amenities that we want ? ? ?

So would you like us to have the tournament during our 1st round playoffs or should we skip the NCAA and play on the weekend of regionals? There's no other weekend to do it.

Same here, overall we thought it was fine.  We knew it wouldn't be the same experience as at the X, but the whole tournament was different, so it's not all on the venue.   I'm looking forward to the future upgrades at Target Center, however.

And I used the NCHC feedback process after the tournament to provide them with some tips and suggestions.  We will see what changes they have made for this year.

I give the NCHC credit.  Will be interesting to see if they will be successful in using some of that feedback to improve the fan experience.

Same here, overall we thought it was fine.  We knew it wouldn't be the same experience as at the X, but the whole tournament was different, so it's not all on the venue.   I'm looking forward to the future upgrades at Target Center, however.

I give the NCHC credit.  Will be interesting to see if they will be successful in using some of that feedback to improve the fan experience.

Honestly, I thought the fanfest they had setup outside was awesome. Unfortunately the temperatures were not as awesome so there was limited amount of people there. Sounds like they're planning for more upgrades this year with Fan Fest being right on 1st Ave in front of the Target Center Friday and in the skyway on Saturday, can't wait!

I think they check people's tickets so much because there were so many empty seats in the lower bowl that people buying the cheap upperdeck tickets would just drop down.  The thing I don't understand is why they don't have a little more time between games.  We ended up just staying in the arena for concessions rather than frequenting a local establishment because there didn't seem to be enough time.  Maybe the Target Center wants the extra business, but it doesn't benefit the downtown businesses quite as much.  

And there goes the stone man taking a jab at me

Sling me a beer at the center. Maybe they will hire U there

Lol you're the one who said it!!! I'm employed and perfectly happy taking pot shots at you, my friend ;). I've been nice lately, but I just couldn't pass that one up.

What's the center? Know how much they are offering? Anything to boost those W2s, right?!?! AMIRITE??!

Lol you're the one who said it!!! I'm employed and perfectly happy taking pot shots at you, my friend ;). I've been nice lately, but I just couldn't pass that one up.

What's the center? Know how much they are offering? Anything to boost those W2s, right?!?! AMIRITE??!

gfhockey serves up some low hanging fruit.