SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UNO - Saturday Gameday

AZSIOUX

Yes, WTF! The Southern Miss/WKU game went long and kicked over to the Sioux game at 18:35 of the 1st period.

They did, however, show a replay of the goal almost right away. 

Picture quality was horrible. As bad a midco

I watched the game at my brother-in-laws house and the quality was awesome. Midco has the HD feed. FCS has the SD feed. 

That explains it. Have DirecTV so had to settle for FCS SD quality

Same with dish. I guess both sat tv's had all their bandwidth used up on NHL/NBA games.

Watching goon's video of the gwg in ot, and I still can't tell what happened, and how OD scored (shot from high slot maybe?).

Zane may have been a little off, but that save as time expired made up for it.  You don't expect to need that after a faceoff in their zone with 6.9 seconds left, or whatever it was.  

This series lived up to its billing.  With UMinn and Wisconsin off the calendar (for the most part), we need some rivalries like this to become intense. 

My takeaways from this series:

UNO is really good but for a majority of the 120+ minutes UND was better. From here on out if UND can play like they did this weekend I like their chance vs anyone anywhere.

Massa was great. Zane was not.

UND's PP needs to be blown up. Pathetic.

Stecher is the best D-man on the team...even after a 2 month layoff.

15 and 16 are playing really well right now.

NS plays so much better when on a line with Caggs.

2 guys that played pretty well and have for a few weeks that don't get much credit...4 and 5. Not always pretty in the D zone but offensively they can make things happen.

Lastly...OD is playing the best hockey of his college career. He is becoming a difference maker on this team.

My takeaways from this series:

UNO is really good but for a majority of the 120+ minutes UND was better. From here on out if UND can play like they did this weekend I like their chance vs anyone anywhere.

Massa was great. Zane was not.

UND's PP needs to be blown up. Pathetic.

Stecher is the best D-man on the team...even after a 2 month layoff.

15 and 16 are playing really well right now.

NS plays so much better when on a line with Caggs.

2 guys that played pretty well and have for a few weeks that don't get much credit...4 and 5. Not always pretty in the D zone but offensively they can make things happen.

Lastly...OD is playing the best hockey of his college career. He is becoming a difference maker on this team.

Agreed. Especially with the bolded ones. I just had a bad feeling last night after UNO tied it that all we will be saying after not getting a win was Massa>Zane this weekend. This was true but we managed to pot one in OT and get a split. Stecher impresses me more and more every time I see him. 8 weeks off and comes in and is our most reliable d-man. You can just see the passion and determination he plays with. Mac and Parks need someone different on their line. I mentioned it last night that I like Poolman a lot on the backend but he is not a forward and that experiment needs to end. Lastly, our PP is very difficult to watch.

Zane didn't have his best weekend ever, but the D left him out to dry a few times, too.  I'm not too worried about it since Zane has stolen plenty of games for us.  He'll right the ship.

I have no problem with splitting against a top 5 team in their barn.  Good weekend for the Sioux, and a good glimpse at the level of play they need moving forward.

I can't believe Ortega is only a sophomore.  I feel like he's going to be one of those annoying players that seem to be in college forever.

One more observation from last night, the Schmaltz-Thompson pairing scares the crap out of me almost every time they're on the ice. I don't like that pairing. Way to many breakdowns.

I noticed that especially early in the 1st period and a few of them were even just communication issues where it looked like they both thought the other was gonna take the puck. As the game went on I thought they looked more comfortable and better together I think they can stay together even with the way both like to jump into the play they just are gonna have to recognize when one should go and the other has to play safe then.

Our squad can play many didfernt styles and beat any team in the country.

It'll come down to the natty tournament and hopefully the boys in green can put together a streak of 4 wins.

Side note, how long you think Chyz will be out? He'll be missed. Our team has not been healthy once this year. It continues...

Our squad can play many didfernt styles and beat any team in the country.

It'll come down to the natty tournament and hopefully the boys in green can put together a streak of 4 wins.

Side note, how long you think Chyz will be out? He'll be missed. Our team has not been healthy once this year. It continues...

Bryn came back and finished the game.

Thank you, sir.

Man I'd love to know what was said between Hak and Blais there after the game. Probably nothing, but they sort of turned back towards each other at the end. Slightly reminiscent of Hak vs Eaves

No problem...

PP did not look great but that was due to the aggressive PK by Omaha. UNO contested every pass and zone entry hard and if our guy fumbled the puck or made a weak pass the puck was quickly headed back into our own end. Not a lot of teams have the horses to be that aggressive on the kill; it will be interesting how much we see that style going forward. Also interesting to see what adjustments (if any) UND makes against that type of PK.

Thank you, sir.

Man I'd love to know what was said between Hak and Blais there after the game. Probably nothing, but they sort of turned back towards each other at the end. Slightly reminiscent of Hak vs Eaves

Probably talking about hair product or places to get a good burrito.

Was a terrific save.......but Massa made about a dozen of those big saves in 2 nights.

Both true, wondered how a team with so many freshies can be where they are. While they are good, they make a ton of mistakes that led to great chances for the Sioux, and massa made the saves. Imo,

Massa is the primary reason they are where they are

Same with dish. I guess both sat tv's had all their bandwidth used up on NHL/NBA games.

Watching goon's video of the gwg in ot, and I still can't tell what happened, and how OD scored (shot from high slot maybe?).

Same spot and type of shot he got his hat trick with, I don't think he kept the puck for half a sec, gaarder saw him snapped a pass and he just on timed it.