SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?

geaux_sioux

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

With the new scoreboards, where exactly would said windows go? 

i would put them the length ofthe catwalk...and i've put on here too...create a outside bar at that level that connects to the top of the stairs by the southwest entrance....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i would put them the length ofthe catwalk...and i've put on here too...create a outside bar at that level that connects to the top of the stairs by the southwest entrance....

you could have it run from the southwest entrance all the way to the southeast entrance with 3 points of entry...catwalk, southwest staircase, and the southeast atrium area?

messages_0 (15).jpeg

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Only so much you can do to that building. I don’t think it is too bad as is. I enjoy watching games there.

hard to justify more seats because of the current attendance.

now if money wasn’t a factor…

We need to focus on getting more people there….not totally sure how….

Isn’t JuiceU doing a statewide “promote NDSU” road show?

A majority of the growth will need to come from new fans who live within a couple hours of Grand Forks. Low-hanging fruit would be getting some of the hockey fans to attend, but then that comes down to being able to afford both hockey and football (and basketall) and that many of hockey spectators just aren't into sports. 

Better scheduling with hockey schedule

shouldn’t be a home hockey game the same day as a home football game

shouldnt be a destination hockey game the same day as a home football game

these things can be worked out 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Kab said:

Better scheduling with hockey schedule

shouldn’t be a home hockey game the same day as a home football game

shouldnt be a destination hockey game the same day as a home football game

these things can be worked out 

I agree there shouldn't be a destination hockey game on the same day as a home football game.  But as an out-of-towner, I do enjoy the football/hockey double header. 

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!! said:

I agree there shouldn't be a destination hockey game on the same day as a home football game.  But as an out-of-towner, I do enjoy the football/hockey double header. 

Maybe a bemidji home and home series that weekend then and have the Saturday game away

l,like basketball games the weekend of football but those don’t affect student attendance one way or another 

Still bugs me that when we were DII we had a 30 minute Football Show that aired every week.  Now we are FCS and should be bigger and better, but nope....no football show.  Or is there one now and I just don't know since I don't live in ND anymore.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Still bugs me that when we were DII we had a 30 minute Football Show that aired every week.  Now we are FCS and should be bigger and better, but nope....no football show.  Or is there one now and I just don't know since I don't live in ND anymore.  

Midco sports does a really nice clip every week, but it's nothing close to the show Pat Sweeny did. I feel that UND's biggest problem other than winning games is that there is no local TV station anymore.  Every station on the eastern side of the state is out of Fargo.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Riverhawk said:

Midco sports does a really nice clip every week, but it's nothing close to the show Pat Sweeny did. I feel that UND's biggest problem other than winning games is that there is no local TV station anymore.  Every station on the eastern side of the state is out of Fargo.

As if right now!

bek from what I was told out here is going to open a desk in n forks 

53 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

As if right now!

bek from what I was told out here is going to open a desk in n forks 

BEK starting a news operation in Grand Forks would definitely be an interesting development in the media landscape.  Without network affiliation, they could do a statewide newscast that could from from 9-11 Central time, and potentially attract a considerable audience.  Could grab a lot of folks that watched WDAZ and KX in Minot.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

What's needed?

An FCS National Championship Banner 

Yeah, well, everyone wants that. Gonna need some underlying novel ideas if UND wants to get over the hump in both attendance and wins (championships). 

Facility upgrades (Pollard Center phase II) is the one novelty to look forward to, and that’s a big one. But beyond that, it looks like much the same yet expecting different (better) results. 

Introducing natural light to the Alerus Center, albeit maybe minor, would still be considered a novel idea. 

2 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

No, this has definitely been a void. 

NDSU gets one every Sunday (or at least they did for 15+ years) and the whole state got to see it, including highlights and features.

When UND had one during the DII days on WDAZ, it made a difference. Now, although Midco does a very good job, the DaybyDay series is no where near as comprehensive as what WDAZ did for UND football. Having a weekly show with Bubba on Midco would be a positive, no doubt about it, but it would require time and production effort (and $$$) that Midco (and apparently UND) would rather go without. 

• Upvote 2

Midco Sports will also broadcast live pregame, halftime and postgame football content along with a continuation of the "UND Football Signing Day Special," the most extensive National Signing Day coverage in the region. 

If the postgame includes interviews, that seems like an easy "run it again" show. 

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2022/8/4/general-und-athletics-midco-sports-announce-multi-year-television-rights-agreement.aspx