SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?

geaux_sioux

2 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

No, it's just been hanging in the NW corner below the catwalk, away from the other banners. Never any ceremony or special attention given for it. 

Maybe the young lady on the sideline who organized the on the field HOF ceremony can start working on that.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

The opening video segment is a joke.  Yeah lets get up have a cup of coffee and go to a game.  Woohoo that is sure to get people pumped up and excited. 

Plus it's the second year they've used it, which seems to communicate that they have no time, budget or motivation to come up with something new and fresh every year? 

I'm sure the black curtains on the catwalk have been mentioned before, but seriously, what the hell? They used up 50 yards worth of real estate and there was maybe a handful of media people in there, and almost nobody in the NDSU designated area. 

• Like 1

Obviously, UND and the Alerus Center can do much better. Seems like a broken record, have been saying if for over 10 years. But the Alerus production is better the last couple years with new management group. 

again, don’t have to be anti-hockey, but have to be more pro-football around und and the Alerus center. UND athletic department needs to hire some interns from the SEC or Big 12 that have no alliance with hockey and want to just take football to the next level. Literally just takes some more effort and dedication to improve it, with a sprinkle of local motivation (someone who recalls and believes und football can be greater than ndsu) 

So close … beat ndsu eventually and bring that level of home field advantage to the Alerus center every game! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, bincitysioux said:

I've said many times, UND should rip off Virginia Techs intro schtick and run out to Enter Sandman.  The place would have been in a frenzy this past weekend.  

The cup of joe with Loyal Janke and Dale Lennon narrated by Jack Michaels has to go.....

Is this on youtube anywhere?

34 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

No reason any car should be allowed to pull into their tailgate spot less than 2 hours before gametime (probably more).  Not only does it irritate fans, but it is potentially dangerous with all the fans walking around.  Alerus needs A LOT of updating when it comes to gameday planning, but this is one that really needs to be changes ASAP.  They have a time when the tailgate lot opens, but there should be a time when it closes as well.  Pretty simple.

It is already in place, just needs to be enforced:

• Tailgating may begin 6 hours before event start, but no earlier than 8 a.m. and all tailgaters must be moved into assigned space(s) 2 hours prior to kickoff.

• All general parking lots open 5 hours before the event start, but no earlier than 8 a.m.

In addition to the tailgating spots issue, there was a major issue Saturday in the diamond and champions club section of the lot.  I walked by an elderly diamond club guy in his car who was not at all happy about having to park by Choice Financial (and being asked to pay $10 for the privilege).

the person or persons responsible for the music and overall noise when UND in on OFFENSE. need to be fired, like yesterday...it is totally inexcusible to be playing any sort of music, or making any sort of noise when the offense is on the field.  what is so damn hard to figure out! is a freaking joke, and NDSU fans are still laughing about it.  i have been watching this happen for way to many years.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

In addition to the tailgating spots issue, there was a major issue Saturday in the diamond and champions club section of the lot.  I walked by an elderly diamond club guy in his car who was not at all happy about having to park by Choice Financial (and being asked to pay $10 for the privilege).

???

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, 1972 said:

the person or persons responsible for the music and overall noise when UND in on OFFENSE. need to be fired, like yesterday...it is totally inexcusible to be playing any sort of music, or making any sort of noise when the offense is on the field.  what is so damn hard to figure out! is a freaking joke, and NDSU fans are still laughing about it.  i have been watching this happen for way to many years.

Best part is the irony of alternating between blasting music and then putting up the quiet please offense at work....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Tailgate lot is delegated to work study students - remember the big announcement priot to SU game that the same day tailgating lot was supposed to not open until 9:00 a.m. I got there at 8:15 and that lot was already filling up with SU units. Every game day there are cars arriving less than 2 hours before game time rolling through pedestrian traffic to get to their parking spot - I suppose they would say that rule is tough to enforce.