SiouxSports.com Forum

GDT: UND in BEAUTIFUL Greeley Co

geaux_sioux

One of the best coaching jobs I've ever seen was getting this team to 5-7. With all of the injuries and depth issues I would consider this season a big step forward. I am excited for the future of this program. If we can add depth I think playoffs "could," be in the conversation next year. A long ways away and we need more depth and playmakers but the Big Sky is there for the taking for a smashmouth team which is what we're building.

Also hats off to the Sr class. Take pride in establishing the foundation of UND football for the future. Your effort and commitment to UND doesn't go unnoticed. Us Fans and UND Admin need to help Bubba build this for next year......Can't wait!!!

• Upvote 3

At the beginning of the season, Bubba said it will take some time to rebuild. He said we will RUN the ball and play DEFENSE. He stuck with his plans. Boy was he right. I think UND is in good hands. In Bubba we trust. We are on the right path to eventual playoffs. It is a process but we will get there. I agree with previous poster. Nice to have a 2 game win streak. Really looking forward to next year.

• Upvote 2

If we had won the Montana game like we should of,  we would have had .500 season.     Great year.    Need to improve our  pass protection for QB,  improve our defensive secondary ,   and improve our receiver situation and it could get really exciting.    There is work to do, but we made a lot of improvement from last year.

Granted much work to be done to get to where we want to be(big Sky Champs and annual playoffs contenders).

Hats off to this team and coaches much hard work and effort to get this 5-7 season.  I am so looking forward to the gains the team and coaches will make in the off season.

Next year a winning season, playoffs a good possibility and another win in the fargodome.

If we had won the Montana game like we should of, we would have had .500 season. Great year. Need to improve our pass protection for QB, improve our defensive secondary , and improve our receiver situation and it could get really exciting. There is work to do, but we made a lot of improvement from last year.

Secondary and WR are two of the easiest fixes on a team. I'll be very interested to see who they bring in and how Flowers, Harris, and Carter develop.

Secondary and WR are two of the easiest fixes on a team. I'll be very interested to see who they bring in and how Flowers, Harris, and Carter develop.

Harris played a good game today. Carter was solid early in the year. Hopefully Flowers develops into the player we thought he could be.

Great job by oline over course of season. Went from a big part of the problem to a big part of the solution. Evidence of how important the oline is to a fb team and how that is maybe toughest position to be able to play right away. Also shows how important line is to RB and QB. Garmin was same guy all,season but shows what a difference oline makes. If we are going to be successful the oline must protect the QB and open holes. We have some good looking oline and RB recruits coming in. Big need at RB and receiver. Great opportunity for recruit to come in and play right away esp hc kid who can get here for spring ball. Bartels and Mollberg need to get healthy. Bartels should be ready and Mollberg reportedly ahead of schedule. If one of those guys can't play or isn't here we need at least 2 QB recruits. We also need to be working extensions for Bubba, Schmitty, Maurice and others. Ceislak should contribute next year. We have some very good young kids on def. need more depth at db and both lines. Fun to watch these kids develop. Great job by Bubba and staff. Time for fans to step up and be part of this rather than wait until they are sure we are there.

Great job by oline over course of season. Went from a big part of the problem to a big part of the solution. Evidence of how important the oline is to a fb team and how that is maybe toughest position to be able to play right away. Also shows how important line is to RB and QB. Garmin was same guy all,season but shows what a difference oline makes. If we are going to be successful the oline must protect the QB and open holes. We have some good looking oline and RB recruits coming in. Big need at RB and receiver. Great opportunity for recruit to come in and play right away esp hc kid who can get here for spring ball. Bartels and Mollberg need to get healthy. Bartels should be ready and Mollberg reportedly ahead of schedule. If one of those guys can't play or isn't here we need at least 2 QB recruits. We also need to be working extensions for Bubba, Schmitty, Maurice and others. Ceislak should contribute next year. We have some very good young kids on def. need more depth at db and both lines. Fun to watch these kids develop. Great job by Bubba and staff. Time for fans to step up and be part of this rather than wait until they are sure we are there.

We need to keep these coaches here as long as possible. Pay the men.

We need to keep these coaches here as long as possible. Pay the men.

The only way Bubba should leave is because he gets a job offer from an FBS school.  The only way any of his assistants should leave is because they get a head coaching job offer (D-II or FCS).  If any of them leave because the athletic department won't pay to keep them around, it will signal a lack of commitment to the FB program and to the Division I move itself.  I for one hope that the team wins enough in the coming years to make this scenario possible.

didn't get to see the game but which young oline guys played in this game??? stockwell?

The only way Bubba should leave is because he gets a job offer from an FBS school.  The only way any of his assistants should leave is because they get a head coaching job offer (D-II or FCS).  If any of them leave because the athletic department won't pay to keep them around, it will signal a lack of commitment to the FB program and to the Division I move itself.  I for one hope that the team wins enough in the coming years to make this scenario possible.

if hak chokes again this year maybe he could kick down some of his half mill per year down to bubba??? maybe if idalski keeps this up maybe we go on the cheap with his replacment (some guy in brrmidji would fill that description) and give that to bubba and his boys too??

if hak chokes again this year maybe he could kick down some of his half mill per year down to bubba??? maybe if idalski keeps this up maybe we go on the cheap with his replacment (some guy in brrmidji would fill that description) and give that to bubba and his boys too??

2 words: Cut baseball

• Upvote 2