SiouxSports.com Forum

GDT: UND in BEAUTIFUL Greeley Co

geaux_sioux

I thought this was a funny clip from the game story in today's Greeley, Colo., newspaper, especially the quote form UNC's Lexington Smith about Jer's size:

When Taubenheim wasn’t splitting the uprights, Garman was running wild. He scored his second touchdown of the day late in the third quarter on a 2-yard run that was set up by an interception by Domo Blackmon.

“I think the difference for us today was the size of their offensive line and the back (Garman),” UNC senior defensive lineman Lexington Smith said. “Those boys were pretty tall and when (Garman) got past the first level, I couldn’t see him. I had to chase him down.”

Spend money where you can make money is faison philosphu so far

Womens we are losing money

Cut back

How do we solve the title IX issue? We lose money on a lot of things. We need women's sports cuz it's the right thing to do. Women's sports aren't preventing us from being successful in other sports. We need to work harder and we need to develop a strong group of alumni who are going to help our women's sports develop and grow. We have a lot of successful women alumni both athletes and fans. Don't need to cut anything, need to step up fundraising if we are short in other sports.

Agree. Way too much invested in women's hockey.

Then again, that's apart of UND's athletic department not knowing if UND is in the USA or Canada. UND doesn't have a true SID; they have an HID.

you wouldn't happen to be talking about the guy that wouldn't dream about missing the team photo for a certain sport but is nowhere to be found when the other two sports he is suppose to follow take their team picture?? that person?

• Upvote 1

If we aren't capable of supporting women's athletics, we aren't capable of supporting intercollegiate athletics.

Women's hockey is a minority sport in terms of intercollegiate athletics; unless the major revenue sports (football, basketball, and M hockey) are funded, it's detrimental to distribute so much of the financial resources. Football and even basketball deserves more support.

How do we solve the title IX issue? We lose money on a lot of things. We need women's sports cuz it's the right thing to do. Women's sports aren't preventing us from being successful in other sports. We need to work harder and we need to develop a strong group of alumni who are going to help our women's sports develop and grow. We have a lot of successful women alumni both athletes and fans. Don't need to cut anything, need to step up fundraising if we are short in other sports.

I'm not a Title IX expert, but I've heard others opine that there are much cheaper ways to comply with Title IX than womens hockey.  Having said that, womens hockey isn't going anywhere at UND.

I'd support UND dropping baseball if it added lacrosse in its place.  I'd enthusiastically support that move.  I would not support UND dropping baseball just to save a few dollars.