SiouxSports.com Forum

Fargo the new Detroit??

Sioux-cia

They've arrested Ashley Hunter and charged him with 2 counts of murder.  Some may recognize the name from when he made national headlines for stabbing another guy for refusing to change positions during a 3-some a couple years ago.

seriously? That is one guy unclear on the concept....

• Upvote 1

They've arrested Ashley Hunter and charged him with 2 counts of murder.  Some may recognize the name from when he made national headlines for stabbing another guy for refusing to change positions during a 3-some a couple years ago.

For real?

that wasn't a couple of years ago, that was a few months ago.

They've arrested Ashley Hunter and charged him with 2 counts of murder. Some may recognize the name from when he made national headlines for stabbing another guy for refusing to change positions during a 3-some a couple years ago.

Did they even bother to ask the third guy if he wanted to change positions?

Had an interview today in Grand Forks, said something along the lines of "I like Grand Forks. It's kinda like a smaller Fargo."

The gentleman corrected me and said something like "we don't like to be confused with Fargo" or something. I got a kick out of it. Hopefully doesn't remove me from consideration.

Two murders in two days and now gunshots reported in south Moorhead.

I've lived in Fargo for 7 years.  Not used to this activity.

Unfortunately there are way too many thugs and undesirables that now call this community (F-M) home.

Lots of stuff that doesn't even get reported, just last week I was hanging out in my garage and the guy on the radio goes "FYI road behind home depot is closed due to a suspect yeilding a gun in a domestic."

"OK road is open now."

Congrats FARGO!   You're finally living up to your TV show namesake FARGO that you're so PROUD of! :unsure:

(See season 2 teaser of a woodpecker on a tree with gunfire in the background....THAT'S DEEP MAN!!!:-)

i.e. a place with ANTI-SOCIAL Weirdoes that commit crimes willy nilly while your local hicks solve them....OH!  Sorry...i guess we'll wait to see if they've been solved.  Meanwhile you have a CostCo....HOORAYY!!?????

Congrats FARGO!   You're finally living up to your TV show namesake FARGO that you're so PROUD of! :unsure:

(See season 2 teaser of a woodpecker on a tree with gunfire in the background....THAT'S DEEP MAN!!!:-)

i.e. a place with ANTI-SOCIAL Weirdoes that commit crimes willy nilly while your local hicks solve them....OH!  Sorry...i guess we'll wait to see if they've been solved.  Meanwhile you have a CostCo....HOORAYY!! ?????

Don't let your jealousy cloud your post.  Fargo being the largest city in the area will always attract a certain criminal element.  This Hunter should have been in jail after he stabbed another person (3 way) but the DA and Judge let him plead down to a lessor charge.  I hope they get a little ink over this.

Don't let your jealousy cloud your post.  Fargo being the largest city in the area will always attract a certain criminal element.  This Hunter should have been in jail after he stabbed another person (3 way) but the DA and Judge let him plead down to a lessor charge.  I hope they get a little ink over this.

Dan, as a Fargo resident, the crime going on lately is more than a "certain criminal element." 

Dan, as a Fargo resident, the crime going on lately is more than a "certain criminal element." 

As a Fargo resident myself I curious as to your thoughts that it is "more than" a certain criminal element.  Please explain.................

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/crime-and-courts/3773192-monster-door-beat-bible-study-leader-death-fargo

Sad. 

Hunter told police he hopped the backyard fence that separated the two apartment buildings Monday night and knocked on Traut's back door.  Hunter said he asked Traut for a glass of water, court documents say.  But while Traut was getting the water, Hunter realized his face was all over the news. He decided it was taking too long, and Traut must be calling police. So he bludgeoned Traut to death with a hammer when he got back with the water about five minutes later, Hunter allegedly told police.  Traut, of Sartell, Minn., was a Bible study leader.

I hope they get a little ink over this.

Oh no, Dan. No.

Anything but positive press about Fargo makes NDSU1980 so, so mad that he feels abliged to "neg rep" me (at another site) for anything that ever happens in Fargo and is reported in the media and then noted here.

So, no, Dan, just no. No ink.

Everything in Fargo is duckies and bunnies, rainbows and unicorns. < play Kumbahya here >

Oh yes I forgot you guys are "the METRO" when it comes to local TV coverage :D   Thanks for making Williston look like ND's newest crime-free vacation paradise though - it's about time the eastern ND took one for west! :whistling:

PS - I recently went to a weird part of West Fargo that is far west and north.  It had a rust covered agricutural plant and a rusty crappy watertower that says "Riverside" (or something like that) and trailers and run down businesses in total urban decay...do you claim that eyesore at part of Mighty Metro Fargo???

IF so - you can have it.....uugghhh!

Oh yes I forgot you guys are "the METRO" when it comes to local TV coverage :D   Thanks for making Williston look like ND's newest crime-free vacation paradise though - it's about time the eastern ND took one for west! :whistling:

PS - I recently went to a weird part of West Fargo that is far west and north.  It had a rust covered agricutural plant and a rusty crappy watertower that says "Riverside" (or something like that) and trailers and run down businesses in total urban decay...do you claim that eyesore at part of Mighty Metro Fargo???

IF so - you can have it.....uugghhh!

Kind of like the ride in from the gf airport - right? 

Violent element

So what in your opinion what is the cause of this??......................the elephant in the room keeps getting bigger.

Hint..........the answer is not the Confederate flag