SiouxSports.com Forum

Fargo the new Detroit??

Sioux-cia

These violent, sometimes homicidal, incidents are becoming daily occurrences in Fargo.  The Forum and WDAY's websites are filled with stories.  

See the one where a 24 year old male shot an infant?

So what in your opinion what is the cause of this??......................the elephant in the room keeps getting bigger.

Hint..........the answer is not the Confederate flag

What's yours?  Drugs - alcohol - laziness - entitlement - some people are just losers.

I just hope living in a quiet neighborhood in the suburbs (I consider anything north of 19th ave N the burbs) is a good thing as most of the crime is spreading from downtown towards NDSU. I have lived in the same neighborhood since 2003 and the violent rate (assault and murder) is skyrocketing.

So what in your opinion what is the cause of this??......................the elephant in the room keeps getting bigger.

Hint..........the answer is not the Confederate flag

Could you please get this message across to the current people in charge. And all the others that need to know this.

Is FPD still in disarray as a department, even after (former) Chief Turnes' dismissal?

Is FPD overmatched by what is coming into the city (as Dan says, violent element)?

The answer to both of these is no.

Fargo is no longer considered a safe community.

The 90's are over and Fargo has a higher violent crime rate than the national average.

While violent crimes has been on the decline in the rest of the country, in Fargo the Rate has gone up more than triple.

062815%20Police%20graph.jpg?itok=_1m39gA

Is FPD still in disarray as a department, even after (former) Chief Turnes' dismissal?

Is FPD overmatched by what is coming into the city (as Dan says, violent element)?

The article Cratter borrowed the graphic from pointed out that FPD has a low "cops per 1k of population" relative to similarly sized midwestern cities.

Fargo wanted growth, growth, growth, ... and they got it. And everything that comes with it.

That graphic says it all.

Hate to say it but it's only a matter of time before some of these thugs start moving up north.

I went and looked at the DOJ source for the Fargo Forum graphic. It seems said "thugs" have gone west (Bismarck and Minot) moreso than north. Their violent crime rates are climbing fasters than Grand Forks', which isn't to say Grand Forks hasn't seen an increase also, but at a slower rate. (West Fargo's is climbing rapidly also, but that's probably a proximity effect from Fargo.)

Fargo tried to use the Amber Alert system last night; it didn't work. They had to resort to using the CodeRED system they use during floods. 

Why? Stolen car with a three-year old in it. 

http://www.inforum.com/news/3776063-fargo-police-looking-failure-amber-alert-system-case-van-stolen-child-inside

http://kfgo.com/news/articles/2015/jun/29/breaking-news-fargo-police-searching-for-3-year-old-taken-when-van-was-stolen/

The KFGO story says they're not going to press charges against the guy who stole the van. Are you kidding me? Wait ... reading again kidnapping charges; he should be charged with vehicle theft. 

Apparently Sunday's headline (Fargo above the national average in violent crime) and last night's "car theft/kidnapping/Amber Alert failed" story is old news already.

http://www.valleynewslive.com/home/headlines/Neighborhood-Evacuated-for-Standoff-in-North-Fargo-310737831.html

Neighborhood Evacuated for Standoff in North Fargo

Updated: Mon 3:12 PM, Jun 29, 2015

Fargo Police are at an apartment complex in North Fargo in what appears to be a standoff situation. At least one building has been evacuated.

Valley News Team's Krista Boehm is on scene and says police responded after reports of gunshots fired. It's happening at 315 30th Avenue North.

Stay with Valley News Live for updates to this story.

Fargo tried to use the Amber Alert system last night; it didn't work. They had to resort to using the CodeRED system they use during floods.

Why? Stolen car with a three-year old in it.

http://www.inforum.com/news/3776063-fargo-police-looking-failure-amber-alert-system-case-van-stolen-child-inside

http://kfgo.com/news/articles/2015/jun/29/breaking-news-fargo-police-searching-for-3-year-old-taken-when-van-was-stolen/

The KFGO story says they're not going to press charges against the guy who stole the van. Are you kidding me? Wait ... reading again kidnapping charges; he should be charged with vehicle theft.

The Amber Alert failed but I got a call about it using Fargo's Code Red at least they now know work needs to be done on the AA system.

Yup. Swat team monitoring an apartment in north Fargo.

http://www.inforum.com/news/3776208-swat-team-monitoring-apartment-north-fargo

So much for living safe, I love about 9 blocks from there. I think too much crime is happening to fast. It used to be a little crime here and there within months at a time now it seems something "big" happens everyday. Maybe things will settle down when school starts and winter begins.

So much for living safe, I love about 9 blocks from there. I think too much crime is happening to fast. It used to be a little crime here and there within months at a time now it seems something "big" happens everyday. Maybe things will settle down when school starts and winter begins.

Yep, summer is always the worst.  I wonder how many of the people involved in these recent events were in the oil patch a year ago, then migrated to Fargo when things slowed down out west?  It just doesn't seem to be long-time residents having the issues.

Yep, summer is always the worst.  I wonder how many of the people involved in these recent events were in the oil patch a year ago, then migrated to Fargo when things slowed down out west?  It just doesn't seem to be long-time residents having the issues.

Ashley Hunter, the double murderer/3-way stabber, has been in Fargo for 15 years.  The problematic individuals seem to be coming from MSP and Chicago, primarily.

Ashley Hunter, the double murderer/3-way stabber, has been in Fargo for 15 years.  The problematic individuals seem to be coming from MSP and Chicago, primarily.

And he was under major police surveillance for the past 13 years.

Minneapolis learned the hard way what happens if you ignore early warnings of criminal elements moving into the area and establishing themselves as city leaders boasted "There's no gang problem here!".  Granted, not all of these things posted are gang related, but the similarities between Fargo now and what MSP saw in the early 90s are pretty striking.