SiouxSports.com Forum

Fargo the new Detroit??

Sioux-cia

I just think its pretty bad in America when you need to inject race into a news item so it can fit a narrative...The recent Ferguson shooting is a prime example and I think the Trayvon Martin shooting was another.  The overall narrative is that white people are violent racists against minorities is the norm in America, but for the Trayvon example the press had to hyphenate Mr. Zimmerman's ethnicity to help link it to the white on black racism narrative - Its the first time I have ever heard someone called a White Hispanic.  So, is there racism in America...Yes, and there will be until the end of days, but trying to make these shootings out to be racist does no justice to the actual acts of racism that do occur in America...My 2 cents. 

The kid was wearing his pant's 'convict style' which is against the school's dress code.  The officer called him on the violation and the kid attempts to blow him off and walk away from him. I see nothing wrong with how this was handled.  Instead of complaining about how her son was mistreated and how he missed Thanksgiving dinner with the family, his mother should buy him a belt.

http://www.wday.com/content/fargo-south-scuffle-involving-student-and-officer-caught-tape

Why is it that all I hear about in the news regarding the Michael brown shooting in ferguson is in regards to an innocent black boy being killed by a white officer? Why does no one bring up what he did before the altercation? What did he do? I can't find it anywhere online but I heard it mentioned on the radio he robbed a business then approached a police car and made an attempt to steal the cop's gun prior to being shot dead.

I don't know the full story because all the news stations feed us is what they want us to hear. But if these acts of thuggery are true why are all these idiots rioting? What is the deal with the Rams players trying to fire up more crazies? I can tell you one thing I will never spend a dime to support the nfl.

Why is it that all I hear about in the news regarding the Michael brown shooting in ferguson is in regards to an innocent black boy being killed by a white officer? Why does no one bring up what he did before the altercation? What did he do? I can't find it anywhere online but I heard it mentioned on the radio he robbed a business then approached a police car and made an attempt to steal the cop's gun prior to being shot dead.

I don't know the full story because all the news stations feed us is what they want us to hear. But if these acts of thuggery are true why are all these idiots rioting? What is the deal with the Rams players trying to fire up more crazies? I can tell you one thing I will never spend a dime to support the nfl.

Another example of why twitter shouldn't exist.

Another example of why twitter shouldn't exist.

It's not just Twitter. It's almost all the news I've seen covering his death. The story that's been out out there is he was a "innocent black boy" with his arms in the air saying don't shoot and ended up being killed by a white cop. Chris Rock was on cbs Sunday morning yesterday asking how many white boys have been killed by cops recently. And we have Obama going on national tv addressing the issue and admitting there is corrupt police departments. Well no $hit! What a great time to come out and say this!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2855535/St-Louis-teens-beat-motorist-32-death-hammers-sparking-protests-Bosnian-community.html

I'm assuming Al Sharpton and company are on their way over to help calm the Bosnian community...

Not likely.......no one from Sharpton's crew is able to drive anywhere with their "hands up" all the time. Remember "10 and 2". Maybe they can hitch a ride.

Sir Charles was just quoted if not for the police black neighborhoods in this country would be nothing less than the "wild west".

Pretty sure the NAACP won't be calling soon for him to be a spokesman.

http://search.tb.ask.com/search/video.jhtml?searchfor=michael+brown+video+convenience+store&cb=UX&pg=GGmain&p2=%5EUX%5Echryyy%5ES11569%5Eus&n=780ceb62&qid=b222999fcc234d3ebd2d805fd710566b&ss=sub&pn=1&st=tab&ptb=A068C8E2-D887-4BD7-8BC9-0C420FEC44EA&ct=SS&tpr=tabsbsug&vid=mkOfqIXkBRE

The kid was wearing his pant's 'convict style' which is against theschool's dress code. The officer called him on the violation and the kid attempts to blow him off and walk away from him. I see nothing wrong with how this was handled. Instead of complaining about how her son was mistreated and how he missed Thanksgiving dinner with the family, his mother should buy him a belt.

http://www.wday.com/content/fargo-south-scuffle-involving-student-and-officer-caught-tape

Reported in the Forum today the student spouted "Ferguson" and " Michael Brown" to other students after he was grabbed by the officer....and this incident was after the student said to the officer..."F*** you! What the f*** are you going to do about it?" when this upstanding black youth was told to go the principal's office.

BTW this punk's mom is facing felony drug charges in Cass Co. and has an outstanding warrent for her arrest.

%handsup

Reported in the Forum today the student spouted "Ferguson" and " Michael Brown" to other students after he was grabbed by the officer....and this incident was after the student said to the officer..."F*** you! What the f*** are you going to do about it?" when this upstanding black youth was told to go the principal's office.

BTW this punk's mom is facing felony drug charges in Cass Co. and has an outstanding warrent for her arrest.

%handsup

Anybody watch his interview on 630POV last night?  Kid turned to the race card immediately and said it was racially motivated. Absolutely no remorse and said he did not say "f-you" to the officer.  

Leon Francis:  "Do you own any culpability in this whole scenario?"  Markell Gray - "No".    :silly:

Anybody watch his interview on 630POV last night?  Kid turned to the race card immediately and said it was racially motivated. Absolutely no remorse and said he did not say "f-you" to the officer.  

Leon Francis:  "Do you own any culpability in this whole scenario?"  Markell Gray - "No".    :silly:

Only thing racial about what happened in this story is this young man happens to be a black dumb a** punk kid.   

Now according to Obama last night all the black woes in this country are due to 2 things: 1) racism and 2) a collective nation wide corrupt police force. 

%handsup

Pretty ugly situation we are in when a large number of parents do little to no parenting.  I think I hear daily from kids "that teacher doesn't like me, they are racist".  When you have been trained by parents and society to respond in that manor you leave little room for personal responsibility. 

• Upvote 1

%handsup

Kudos to the Chief of Police for immediately standing up for the officer involved.  This 'Ferguson/Michael Brown' boohooing crap isn't going to be and should not be tolerated or condoned when used as an excuse to break the rules/law. 

• Upvote 1

Fargo mayor Dennis Walaker has died at age 73. I didn't want to start another thread so I put this here.

He will be missed by the people of Fargo. His knowledge of RRV flooding in the area kept this city dry on more than one occasion.

I actually had a co-worker who told me she although sad he died hopes this will kill the FM diversion, very sad when people think that way.

SMH.  That's currently a common theme by some people in the area - "Appreciate all he did, but maybe now we can get rid of this diversion crap".  People showing their personal agenda, and voicing it at the wrong time, IMHO. 

May he rest in peace.  I hope the end was as quick and pain free as possible.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...