SiouxSports.com Forum

Fargo the new Detroit??

Sioux-cia

Another day, another robbery. This time he got nothing:

http://www.wday.com/content/attempted-robbery-caseys-general-store-moorhead

The man entered the store at 3400 12 Ave South in Moorhead and demanded money from the till while displaying the knife. The suspect is described as a white male in his 20’s, with light, short facial hair. He was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, black baseball cap and dark grey pants.

The man ran from the store after he was unable to get any money. The employee was not injured.

A K9 track did not locate the suspect in the area.

Although he says "not related to this" (and I do believe him), Fargo Ass't Chief Pat Claus has announced his resignation effective Nov 26. 

Another day another robbery:

http://www.wday.com/content/south-fargo-caseys-general-store-robbed-police-seek-female-suspect

Fargo, N.D. (WDAY TV) - Another Casey's General store was robbed last night in South Fargo, marking the fifth unsolved robbery in the area since October.

Authorities say a woman entered the store on the 3500 block of 25th Street around 11 p.m. Wednesday night and demanded money from the clerk. She told the clerk that she had a weapon but did not show it. The clerk complied with the suspect's demands and she made off with an undiscolsed amount of money.

The clerk saw the woman take off in a vehicle driven by another person.

The new pavilion and softball diamonds are going up near Fargo’s sewage lagoons just south of Harwood off Highway 81.

That's going to smell good while watching/playing softball. 

I saw the complex a few weeks ago and was curious what it was.  Seems as though it's out in the middle of nowhere.  Does anyone know if there is future development planned around the complex?

The Park District was able to get land there. Due to the annual flooding of Mickelson Fields and the dike being expanded there, fastpitch needed something to happen sooner than later. I am sure some development will take place up there. if I had the  money I would put up a strip mall with a liquor store, convenience store, and a pub and maybe a quick serve restaurant or two.

ideally the use of the Park Districts land on the south side of town may have been preferable,  but it is also an area that floods quite a bit and with the unknown diversion plans it made it too much of an unknown.

The lagoons up north are only used during pretty serious flooding so hopefully smell won't be much of an issue.

4 fastpitch fields and 9 slowpitch fields will be ready for the 2016 season. Fargo Slowpitch will be moving out of lindenwood and off school diamonds at that time so basically trading 11 fields for 9 lit fields....eventually the 4 fields by Fargo South will be "traded" out for an additional 5 diamond wheel up north and also the west end of the Anderson complex(4 diamonds) will also be "traded" out for an additional 5 diamond wheel up north. There is room for a 4th 5 diamond wheel up north and the use of those is slated for fastpitch if the participation continues to grow.

This will turn all the fields in town back to youth programs as with all the helicopter parents these days most parents want their kids games and practices at night instead of during the day.

Fargo has landed the 2015 ASA National Class D tourney which will be at Anderson, but the potential for national youth fastpitch tournies is a good thing for Fargo.....I will let you do the math on the economic impact having 80-120 girls fastpitch teams in town for a week with their moms, dads, siblings, grandparents etc.

I hope he's safe!

It turns out there are two Florissant's in Ferguson, Florissant Ave. where the protesting was and Florissant Rd., which my uncle lives off, is about half a mile away from Florissant Ave. It gets me confused because the Police station is on Florissant Rd. and some of the buildings they showed getting looted and burned were on Florissant Ave.

• Upvote 1

Because Fargo is the new Detroit, The Dean needs his own driver/security to go to baseball games. LMFAO! What a pompous dipsh*t. The University of Minnesota's president doesn't need a driver in Minneapolis/St. Paul but The Dean does in Fargo. ???

http://www.inforum.com/content/driving-dr-bresciani-ndsus-president-often-chauffeured-events

Maybe NDSU can save up to build their own stadium if they wouldn't waste money on a bodyguard/driver. I thought Minneapolis had a higher crime rate than Fargo, guess not.

Maybe NDSU can save up to build their own stadium if they wouldn't waste money on a bodyguard/driver. I thought Minneapolis had a higher crime rate than Fargo, guess not.

Considering some of the crime occuring around Minnesota's campus lately, he could probably use one at times.  I wonder if the nanny tucks Bresciani into bed.