SiouxSports.com Forum

Fargo the new Detroit??

Sioux-cia

Pretty simple in my mind. You lost the war against the U.S. so get over it. Your flag shouldn't fly on government property.

You are aware multiple US military bases are named after Confederate generals right?

You are aware multiple US military bases are named after Confederate generals right?

Yes, and we should rename those as well.  It's time we remember the Confederacy for what it was, a bunch of losers who took up arms against their own country for a stupid and outright evil cause.  Germany doesn't have monuments to Nazi generals or fly the Nazi flag as part of their heritage and neither should we fly the Confederate flag in the U.S..  It's simple as that.  If that hurts some feelings in the South and I guess apparently on this website then that's just tough.  

Yes, and we should rename those as well. It's time we remember the Confederacy for what it was, a bunch of losers who took up arms against their own country for a stupid and outright evil cause. Germany doesn't have monuments to Nazi generals or fly the Nazi flag as part of their heritage and neither should we fly the Confederate flag in the U.S.. It's simple as that. If that hurts some feelings in the South and I guess apparently on this website then that's just tough.

Lol you aren't very well educated. Put down the 4th grade history book. Emancipation didn't occur until halfway through the war.

Comparing the southern states to Nazis is about the dumbest thing I've heard. One involved slavery which something like less than 20% of the population even owned. The other involved the systematic persecution and extermination of a race/religion and other people they don't like.

Also a bit ironic that you are talking about Nazis... Do you have any problem sitting in that beautiful arena in Grand Forks?

• Downvote 1

Yes, and we should rename those as well.  It's time we remember the Confederacy for what it was, a bunch of losers who took up arms against their own country for a stupid and outright evil cause.  Germany doesn't have monuments to Nazi generals or fly the Nazi flag as part of their heritage and neither should we fly the Confederate flag in the U.S..  It's simple as that.  If that hurts some feelings in the South and I guess apparently on this website then that's just tough.  

Pretty simple in my mind. You lost the war against the U.S. so get over it. Your flag shouldn't fly on government property.

I know I am going to get blasted for this, but here it goes anyway...

So since the North won the war against the South, all memorials and flags for the South should be removed and bases renamed, etc.?  Yet, having the Sioux logo/name and a statue of Sitting Bull sitting in front of the REA is okay?  Didn't the American Indians lose too?  To be clear, I am not against the Sioux name/logo.

I am now hearing that there are folks who want to tear down the Jefferson Memorial because he was a slave holder and even more far-fetched, rename Washington DC, since Washington had slaves.  They will probably do away with the phrase "Whistling Dixie", because it is racist.

It is also being reported that those individuals involved, arrested and being sought were in a dispute over the Confederate flag or was it Trump's comments on immigration.........but it had nothing to do with drugs and/or gangs. If only the flag would have been removed years ago these guys probably would be walking down a different road in their lives today!

And in unrelated news the mother of the gentleman who died after he lit off fireworks on his HEAD is calling for stricter laws on fireworks use!  You can't make this up people.

And in unrelated news the mother of the gentleman who died after he lit off fireworks on his HEAD is calling for stricter laws on fireworks use! You can't make this up people.

IF YOU WILL BE STUPID DRUNK, OR ARE JUST STUPID, DON'T BUY HERE. (in large letters on the sides of fireworks sales buildings)

IF YOU WILL BE STUPID, DRUNK, OR ARE JUST STUPID, DON'T BUY HERE. (in large letters on the sides of fireworks sales buildings)

(You are left to your own to imagine the guy smoking in front of the sign.) 

sprig: Your sign proposal will never make it through the Legislature. The Stupid people lobby will call it bigoted. 

And in unrelated news the mother of the gentleman who died after he lit off fireworks on his HEAD is calling for stricter laws on fireworks use!  You can't make this up people.

Fireworks are Darwin's tool of choice in the summer.  In winter, it's thin ice.

• Upvote 3

(You are left to your own to imagine the guy smoking in front of the sign.)

sprig: Your sign proposal will never make it through the Legislature. The Stupid people lobby will call it bigoted.

Lol. Though maybe the legislature comes closer to stupid than the lobby.

Seems like the guy had one of those young dude "watch this" moments.

A guy in Billings died when a mortar went of and hit him in the neck, while looking in the mortar tube. I don't know why he was holding the tube at his hip to lunch mortars, but one didn't go off like it was suppose to then he looks in the tube then the Mortar goes off.

Maybe Fargo can become a sanctuary city so we can afford more protection to all the undesirables that are infiltrating the community.

And on that note good to hear Obama and his administration being vocal on the Steinle killing...but at least the White House was lit up in rainbow colors a couple weeks ago.

• Upvote 1

So...........the TN shootings by a Kuwaiti born terrorist are described as that strictly done by that of a "lone gunman" by Obama but again the SC shootings were not the result of a "lone gunman" but because of a flag which incites racism? Makes sense to me.

• Upvote 2

So...........the TN shootings by a Kuwaiti born terrorist are described as that strictly done by that of a "lone gunman" by Obama but again the SC shootings were not the result of a "lone gunman" but because of a flag which incites racism? Makes sense to me.

Both are largely the result of the fact that it's far too easy for any nutball to get  access to a firearm but we can't even ever seriously consider that in this country.  Roof was motivated by white supremacist racism and the shooter today was motivated by radical Islam.  Both are evil forces and should be eradicated.  We've invaded countries to fight radical Islam but taking down a flag that 72% of African Americans consider offensive, since it has been used by the Klan and other racist organizations, to instill fear and intimidation towards their community is apparently a step to far to combat white supremacist racism.

• Upvote 1

Both are largely the result of the fact that it's far too easy for any nutball to get access to a firearm but we can't even ever seriously consider that in this country. Roof was motivated by white supremacist racism and the shooter today was motivated by radical Islam. Both are evil forces and should be eradicated. We've invaded countries to fight radical Islam but taking down a flag that 72% of African Americans consider offensive, since it has been used by the Klan and other racist organizations, to instill fear and intimidation towards their community is apparently a step to far to combat white supremacist racism.

Interesting views. So what would you suggest is done to fix the problems you identified?

Both are largely the result of the fact that it's far too easy for any nutball to get  access to a firearm but we can't even ever seriously consider that in this country.  Roof was motivated by white supremacist racism and the shooter today was motivated by radical Islam.  Both are evil forces and should be eradicated.  We've invaded countries to fight radical Islam but taking down a flag that 72% of African Americans consider offensive, since it has been used by the Klan and other racist organizations, to instill fear and intimidation towards their community is apparently a step to far to combat white supremacist racism.

A step too far?  That is left to one's own opinion..........especially with the quick haste and action that was taken when still nothing and I mean nothing has been said from Obama on the SF killing by the multi-time deported illegal and now the TN shootings where there has not been one word as to condemning it for what it truly was....an act of terror in the name of radical Islam but just an act by a "lone gunman".  Seems to be that some kind of want to pick and choose as to who, how and/or what they want the blame to go to in all of these tragic situations.   "Lone gunman".....seriously?   I have zero problem with the Confederate flag reaction...but then let's have the same swift condemning reaction to the Mexican shooter and Islamic radical by Mr. Obama.   But we all know that hasn't and won't happen.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well, there are always society's reaction that needs to be taken into account.  If you immediately go out and say this is an example of domestic radical Islamic terrorism you will suddenly have vigilantes all over the country on the watch for terror suspects and you can guess where that goes.   If you start off with the more conservative "lone gunman" you keep the panic point low while the facts are still being gathered.   

I'm not sure what Obama's motives where here, but given what I know of the situation (albeit, not all that much) I would probably handle it this way.   There's always time to declare it was an act of domestic terrorism.   You can't step back from that if you were wrong, however.   It just wouldn't work.

• Upvote 1

Well, there are always society's reaction that needs to be taken into account. If you immediately go out and say this is an example of domestic radical Islamic terrorism you will suddenly have vigilantes all over the country on the watch for terror suspects and you can guess where that goes. If you start off with the more conservative "lone gunman" you keep the panic point low while the facts are still being gathered.

I'm not sure what Obama's motives where here, but given what I know of the situation (albeit, not all that much) I would probably handle it this way. There's always time to declare it was an act of domestic terrorism. You can't step back from that if you were wrong, however. It just wouldn't work.

Don't use common sense in this! It is so much easier to just blame Obama for all of it...or blame him for everything.... Lol.

Can't wait to read who's fault it is for EVERYTHING bad after the 2016 elections for Oxbow!