SiouxSports.com Forum

Fargo the new Detroit??

Sioux-cia

2 hours ago, snova4 said:

Being at the funeral yesterday and part of the motorcade, it was amazing to see the silent majority for once. I was beyond honored to see the people of Fargo lining the streets. I know there are a lot of people that talk about how impressive it was too see how far law enforcement traveled, what doesn't get said enough, is how much it means to those of us wearing the badge to see the support of the community. Those of you that attended, watched from home, lined the streets, or even something as small as a blue light outside your home, thank you.

And for those wearing the badge like yourself, thanks for protecting and serving us.

12 hours ago, Prison_Mike said:

It would have been nice for the national media to give as much press to the pro-law enforcement groups as they do the anti-law enforcement groups.  

Well that's just not news, unfortunately.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

DAY/Z is reporting the roadway inn

The shooter told police he isn't coming out until he takes a policeman down with him. Praying for the safety of police and people that may be in the motel.

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

So is Grand Forks the new Detroit now? Murders, robberies, drug dealers and now overturning cars and rioting when the city wins a Championship? 

Fargo has murders, robberies, and drug dealers. There was no riot in Grand Forks, a bunch of drunks tipped over 2 cars near UND. Its not like buildings were on fire and looting was going on.  Nice try.

I've been drunk, and I've been happy, but I ain't never had the urge to tip over a car.  Would love to know how that scene went down.

At least tell me that it was pedestrian rage, or they knew the owner.  Or that it had a Quinnipiac bumper sticker, or Minnesota plates, or SOMETHING.  But a random Prius parked on a residential street?  WTF.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Fargo has murders, robberies, and drug dealers. There was no riot in Grand Forks, a bunch of drunks tipped over 2 cars near UND. Its not like buildings were on fire and looting was going on.  Nice try.

Well when you compare populations like most UND fans like to do when you consider support for their team, 2 cars overturned is like hundreds in Detroit. And a gathering of 500 people is like tens of thousands in Detroit which would be a major problem.:cool:

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Well when you compare populations like most UND fans like to do when you consider support for their team, 2 cars overturned is like hundreds in Detroit. And a gathering of 500 people is like tens of thousands in Detroit which would be a major problem.:cool:

So Fargo's rioting must have looked like the LA riots from Rodney King trial.

http://www.inforum.com/content/look-back-testicle-festival-riot-2001

About 50 people who apparently tried to provoke a rowdy confrontation with police Friday night hopefully got the message their tantrums and tactics aren't welcome in Fargo, Police Chief Chris Magnus said Saturday.

The response came during a chaotic uprising at Lindenwood Park, where police said some music fans harassed campers and a wedding event there.

"The police had every right for doing what they did," the Fargo resident said. "One of the officers arrested a kid for underage drinking. They put him in the car, nicely. As soon as they arrested him, the crowd turned on (the officer), and all hell broke lose."

A group of about four young adults attacked an officer in retaliation for the arrest and "knocked him down," he said.

6 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

I've been drunk, and I've been happy, but I ain't never had the urge to tip over a car.  Would love to know how that scene went down.

At least tell me that it was pedestrian rage, or they knew the owner.  Or that it had a Quinnipiac bumper sticker, or Minnesota plates, or SOMETHING.  But a random Prius parked on a residential street?  WTF.

I'm waiting for a video via cell phone to emerge where they can positively identify many of those involved.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Milford torgerson said:

I'm waiting for a video via cell phone to emerge where they can positively identify many of those involved.

The Primus was Johnnyboy's, who was spouting off about Notre Dame hockey and NDSU basketball being great.

• Downvote 1

I see there was a stabbing which resulted in two people including a meth dealer being arrested near ndsu campus last night, and a grass fire there this morning.   Or as some call it, a typical weekend  in Fargo.

I question if a Prius on its side really counts as a car tipping.   Are they sure it wasn't just the wind?

• Upvote 2

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 9:32 AM, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

I know, right?  Can I assume it was one of those Prius's that drives everywhere at 20 mph, backing up traffic, to save fuel and was a specific owner that got picked?  All those batteries in there, those things can't be very light :blink: