SiouxSports.com Forum

Fargo the new Detroit??

Sioux-cia

Robbing banks is dumb unless you really know you can get away with it. It's not the locals but the Feds who come after you. 

And banks actually have good camera and alarm systems and unless you get in the vault (VERY RARE), you're only going to get maybe a couple thousand (including a couple $$ that the bank has recorded the serial number of).

• 4 months later...

Thoughts and prayers go out to the FPD officer that was shot and not expected to survive in the North Fargo standoff last night. The shooter was killed inside a house. Me and my family got a call by the police and code red to go to our basement in case he escaped and was running through yards. Very scary situation especially with young kids. 

http://www.wday.com/news/north-dakota/3945296-suspected-gunman-officer-involved-shooting-standoff-dead

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

We have become a society that doesn't respect authority and worse yet life itself.  Tragic.

My 6 year old daughter didn't want to come out of the basement saying she didn't want to get shot. It was a bad situation for adults but terrifying for kids. 

A terrible story.  Thoughts go out to Off. Moser's family and Co Workers. 

Not to get off topic, but this was not far from my home, we don't have a land line but my wife and I both have signed up our phones for Code Red.  How does that work that we didn't get the call in North Fargo? Is it that geographically specific?  We get all the weather/Flood Alerts. Just wondering.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, MoreSiouxForYou said:

A terrible story.  Thoughts go out to Off. Moser's family and Co Workers. 

Not to get off topic, but this was not far from my home, we don't have a land line but my wife and I both have signed up our phones for Code Red.  How does that work that we didn't get the call in North Fargo? Is it that geographically specific?  We get all the weather/Flood Alerts. Just wondering.

I know they can call certain neighborhoods we live 12 blocks north of this and got the call and text from them. Maybe they felt your area was safe, but then again I thought my neighborhood was safe from this.

Such a sad day for the city of Fargo and everyone in/around it.  Waiting for the officer's name, worried it could be one of our friends on the force, was just terrible and I can't even begin to imagine what the families went through - it had to be infinitely worse.  In the aftermath, finding out all the indirect connections you had to someone you never knew, brings it even closer to home.  Things like this just leave a person feeling helpless and angry.

1 minute ago, siouxforcefans said:

Such a sad day for the city of Fargo and everyone in/around it.  Waiting for the officer's name, worried it could be one of our friends on the force, was just terrible and I can't even begin to imagine what the families went through - it had to be infinitely worse.  In the aftermath, finding out all the indirect connections you had to someone you never knew, brings it even closer to home.  Things like this just leave a person feeling helpless and angry.

Jason Moszer is the name of the fallen officer.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

We have become a society that doesn't respect authority and worse yet life itself.  Tragic.

Doesn't help that a lot of so-called leaders have created an atmosphere  that whenever police are involved there is a "guilty until proven innocent" philosophy. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, tnt said:

Doesn't help that a lot of so-called leaders have created an atmosphere  that whenever police are involved there is a "guilty until proven innocent" philosophy. 

Look no further than the BLM movement and the Al Sharpton's of this country.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

In this world all lives should matter except in this case that shooter deserved what he got. He ruined a lot of lives last night.

8 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

I agree with you here, on this.  Frustrating for law abiding citizens.

6 hours ago, tnt said:

Agree with this too.  Police have a very difficult job and it's become too easy to judge them from a distance.   Unfortunately there are abuses of power that feed into these perceptions.   

6 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Can't blame them for last night, though.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and father in-law went to the funeral, it was quite a sight. I watched it on tv. I hope I never see a funeral like that again. RIP Officer Moszer, the area mourns your loss. Thank you UND and GF Police for coming down and paying your respects.