SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota at Miami -Saturday

sprig

They must have also mis-set the color, or stuck in a yellow filter, when the zoom in was used. But the bad camera was by far overshadowed by the clueless broadcaster.

IT was not white balanced properly, therefor it had bad color. It was just not well done.

Haha I was trying to give the play-by-play guy some slack, but when it took him a full minute into a powerplay to realize that it was 5 on 4 and not 5 on 3...that's sad.

The play by play guy was not our normal guy. He is not a hockey guy at all and was filling in for our usual who knows hockey well. Saturday was a busy day for our athletic department with a home football game and a few other activities etc... I think they were scrambling to just get somebody to cover the game. Miami should have just spliced in the radio broadcast over the video as he is a hockey guy.

Are Miami home games still televised on a regional network in Ohio. Until a few years ago I know they were on Ohio News Network, which was available FTA with a satellite setup, but they quit uplinking a few years back, and I see the station totally shut down a year ago.

The home games were on Ohio News Now (ONN) a few years back but then last year the home games were broadcast by Time Warner SportsChannel and the production was pretty good (not as good as CBSSN does though). Time Warner SportsChannel allowed us to use their cable feed for our Webcast.

This summer our Athletic Director mention he was having our media rights arm IMG shop the home games package and was looking for an even better deal but so far nobody has heard anything and I am wondering what is going on. I had assumed that Fox Sports Ohio would pick up this package but so far silence. I hope they are just working out details and after the college football season in late November they will be picked up.

I'm not sure what Western Michigan is up to but Fox Sports Detroit would be ideal for them. The new Fox Sports Go app is supposed to eventually stream all their 22 regional networks and Fox Sports1/2 so having a deal with Fox Sports Ohio would be great.

I'd like to see Denver expand their Roots Sports Regional deal, Miami - Fox Sports Ohio, WMU - Fox Sports Detroit, UND - Midco, and the others pick up Regional Network deals that is allowed under CBSSN.

I thought I had heard that CBSSports would add a college hockey section and "eye on hockey" commentary and feature the conference while CBSSports Network promotes the NCHC. Anybody heard anything?

Saturday was a busy day for our athletic department with a home football game and a few other activities etc...

No doubt they were, and this broadcast (camera and announcer) proves your argument that hockey is not your number 1 sport.

On the weekend, Tambelini (0g-0a—0pts) -2, Drake Caggiula (0g-0a—0pts) -4, Roco Grimaldi (0g-0a—0pts) -3. I don't know if many teams are going to do that.

for that line to not have a single point on the weekend and und is still able to gain a split. one would think good things lie ahead for this team.

for that line to not have a single point on the weekend and und is still able to gain a split. one would think good things lie ahead for this team.

This team has incredible Balance. The Juniors are also carrying the water. O'D was the star this weekend in my opinion.

IT was not white balanced properly, therefor it had bad color. It was just not well done.

Yup... just a simple press of a button while pointing the camera at the ice. It was difficult to watch because their "tight" camera (the one that looked like crap) was only slightly tighter than the wide one. Pretty brutal to watch.

Did anyone think it looked like Miami was on average more skilled with the puck and better at anticipating where they wanted to pass instead of waiting on it?

I think both teams were very good and equal. UND's going to be a good team this season. A couple of those goals on Saturday were of the weak variety and if UND had gotten some puck luck, you never know.

I think both teams were very good and equal. UND's going to be a good team this season. A couple of those goals on Saturday were of the weak variety and if UND had gotten some puck luck, you never know.

Agree. And I would note that we got a little puck luck on Friday night, which is easy to forget.

To geaux_sioux's point, Miami had fewer rookies in their lineup and so they know their systems better. UND had a rookie on all the lines except one (the most-productive, coincidence?) and it shows in our play. Guy zigs, guy with puck expects him to zag.

I do think that someone else should be considered on the top line with Jimaldi and Cadula. (sorry couldn't resist) Tambellini has incredible upside but for right now I'd give someone else a look. Reminds me a bit of the Greg Johnson years, where it was really tough to find two other guys that could play at his level.

Oh, and Gage Ausmus reminds me a bit of James Patrick. Really strong fluid skater, anticipates well, reads plays and reacts quickly.

There's no reason that UND can't contend for a title this year.

I do think that someone else should be considered on the top line with Jimaldi and Cadula. (sorry couldn't resist) Tambellini has incredible upside but for right now I'd give someone else a look. Reminds me a bit of the Greg Johnson years, where it was really tough to find two other guys that could play at his level.

From the very first time Greg Johnson hit the ice in his first game, he was doing sick things with the puck. Younger fans since the 80s don't quite realize what a talent he was. And smart.

Ausmus and Stecher have been more than pleasant surprises. The pace of the college game isn't too much for them and they each bring a needed skill set to the team. We're really lucky to have been able to steal them both.

Agree...especially Stecher. He'll wear a C before he leaves UND.

What is it with Hakstol-coached teams winning on Friday night and laying a big, fat, steaming turd on Saturday night? Hopefully, this team will develop consistency by Christmas. And I think winning at home will be important in a stacked conference like the NCHC.

Agreed this has now become a very constant theme. However the team did not look that bad...they were put in a tough spot because Zane played so poorly.

Agreed this has now become a very constant theme. However the team did not look that bad...they were put in a tough spot because Zane played so poorly.

This is another theme that I was hoping was behind us. Gothberg has to develop some game to game consistency or else he'll have to settle for being a back-up to someone else.

I take exception to you saying that hockey is our "ONLY" sport. Miami has a very good football and basketball history. Miami basketball has 4 sweet 16 appearances and Miami Football has a Top 25 all-time winning percentage in D1 history has beaten many Top 15 teams in bowls. Our bball and football teams stink right now but we would still beat UND in both sports even now.

I didn't say that hockey was your only sport. Your own fans sitting next to me told me that, so you might want to take your issues up with members of your own fan base.

• Upvote 1

Ausmus and Stecher have been more than pleasant surprises. The pace of the college game isn't too much for them and they each bring a needed skill set to the team. We're really lucky to have been able to steal them both.

Was Stecher set to play someplace else? Did he de-committ?

That's what I saw too watching the webcast with Miami's version of Dan Hammer calling the play by play. I always thought Dan Hammer was the worst commentator for hockey ever....at least until I heard this guy.

Anyway, I degress, I would sure like to hear some sort of NCHC explanation of the penalty review. The fans were chanting "Bull S***!" and everyone was getting ready for a faceofff in the Miami end. Then the year long review and we had a penalty. I must say, thus far, I am not to impressed with NCHC officiating.

Get a copy of an old game with Jim Adelson announcing, or maybe Boyd Christiansen. Hammer is a cut above both of them. Good folks, all, pro UND and sports minded, just not the best hockey announcers out there. Give me Tim H. with Tim O'K. any day.