SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota at Miami -Saturday

sprig

Miami Redskins are BACK!! Glad to see we are back!!! I'm happy about the new conference and new rivalry. I was worried after last night but we came back and responded! Much respect to the Sioux!

Good luck Sioux!

Hope you guys respect the Redskins too.

Welcome to the SiouxSports forum. I hope we can forge a few good, honest rivalries in this new conference. Know you are welcome here on this forum as long as you don't gloat, or attack individuals here. I, personally, welcome honest discourse among fans of rival squads. It is interesting and enlightening. I have daughters that attended SCSU and UM, so I had the opportunity to have some good conversations (and some bad ones!) with rival fans. I like learning the insight on the opponent's team, and likewise, don't mind sharing my knowledge limited to the fan I am) that I have on my team. Makes for some awesome away series. So check back in again before our next series. Learn a bit about our hopes and dreams, and let us know yours. You will find that Sioux hockey FANS are quite knowledgeable about the game, and follow the game closely.

Let the rivalry begin!

• Upvote 1

Also, does anyone know what actually happened with that penalty review? I thought that penalties were unreviewable....

That's what Hennesey said. Initially, he said when the ref raised his hand he thought it was a Miami penalty because the ref blew his whistle when a Miami player touched the puck. Strange.

That's what Hennesey said. Initially, he said when the ref raised his hand he thought it was a Miami penalty because the ref blew his whistle when a Miami player touched the puck. Strange.

Amen. Everybody retreated to the Miami end for the puck drop. At least before the mile-long review process.

Amen. Everybody retreated to the Miami end for the puck drop. At least before the mile-long review process.

That's what I saw too watching the webcast with Miami's version of Dan Hammer calling the play by play. I always thought Dan Hammer was the worst commentator for hockey ever....at least until I heard this guy.

Anyway, I degress, I would sure like to hear some sort of NCHC explanation of the penalty review. The fans were chanting "Bull S***!" and everyone was getting ready for a faceofff in the Miami end. Then the year long review and we had a penalty. I must say, thus far, I am not to impressed with NCHC officiating.

Yes, the announcer was painful, and I mean painful to listen to. he reminded me of the drunk guy who site behind you and spews "knowledge" during the game.

That guy was brutal, if that had been my TV, it might have been sitting in the hard. The webcast wasn't good on my brother-in-laws TV either, I don't know if it was on our end or not, but it wasn't very good. Not HD in my opinion.

You guys have a long way to go when it comes to game atmosphere, for a good program, awful atmosphere it appears.

Miami fans will be the first to admit that we wish we could get 10,000+ fans at our barn, but those that come are into the game. UND is fortunate for their fan base. Nobody denies what the Sioux has, but Miami is still proud of what we have. Good luck guys, good series.

Miami fans will be the first to admit that we wish we could get 10,000+ fans at our barn, but those that come are into the game. UND is fortunate for their fan base. Nobody denies what the Sioux has, but Miami is still proud of what we have. Good luck guys, good series.

I think you guys need to kill whatever it is that your students did during 'jump around' in the 3rd. That was just plain wrong and a prime example of why black people make fun of white people dancing. The worst part was the announcer bragging it up as some sweet tradition..... Wisconsin does it right, your students just need to stop.

• Upvote 1

The Sioux got destroyed against Maine a couple of seasons ago and look how that season turned out. This game is no big deal, just a big learning experience for this young team. They have two weeks to fine tune a lot of things.

No worries.

Didn't someone post something about our players paying more attention to the cute fans than to the game?

How many Sioux fans were at the game?

Haha I should have clarified what I meant by "cute." The ones sitting by us amused me. So proud of their number 1 ranking because hockey is the ONLY sport at their school.

Not too many Sioux fans at the game I didn't think, but we were pretty scattered around, so it washard to tell. Drake Caggiula's parents sat in front of us. They're so nice!

• Upvote 1

Haha I should have clarified what I meant by "cute." The ones sitting by us amused me. So proud of their number 1 ranking because hockey is the ONLY sport at their school.

Not too many Sioux fans at the game I didn't think, but we were pretty scattered around, so it washard to tell. Drake Caggiula's parents sat in front of us. They're so nice!

I take exception to you saying that hockey is our "ONLY" sport. Miami has a very good football and basketball history. Miami basketball has 4 sweet 16 appearances and Miami Football has a Top 25 all-time winning percentage in D1 history has beaten many Top 15 teams in bowls. Our bball and football teams stink right now but we would still beat UND in both sports even now.

I take exception to you saying that hockey is our "ONLY" sport. Miami has a very good football and basketball history. Miami basketball has 4 sweet 16 appearances and Miami Football has a Top 25 all-time winning percentage in D1 history has beaten many Top 15 teams in bowls. Our bball and football teams stink right now but we would still beat UND in both sports even now.

You wouldn't beat us in basketball this year... football, yes... basketball, no.