SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota at Miami -Saturday

sprig

You wouldn't beat us in basketball this year... football, yes... basketball, no.

Well, maybe you are right. Nobody knows unless they played, but my point was we arent a "hockey only" school because if you counted our athletic donations and polled our boosters on who they considered who they thought our main athletic programs were, it would not be hockey. Many of our boosters are actually pissed that they think too much attention lately has been given to hockey.

"The Cradle of Coaches" in football is still Miami's main focus in most instances. Miami basketball has also had many who still give great priority to it. Miami Hockey is a great "bonus" sport that we are proud of but not the main focus. The thought is that college hockey and hockey in general is a great sport on the rise nationally that we are a major player and have a true chance to win a national championship, but its still not our priority sport.

"The Cradle of Coaches" in football is still Miami's main focus in most instances. Miami basketball has also had many who still give great priority to it. Miami Hockey is a great "bonus" sport that we are proud of but not the main focus. The thought is that college hockey and hockey in general is a great sport on the rise nationally that we are a major player and have a true chance to win a national championship, but its still not our priority sport.

I personally have always loved the "jump around" tradition at Miami! It always makes me laugh and appreciate the fun that the student section has. As a CC alum, trust me-I know what bad student sections are all about. The same tired cheers of T-I-G-E-R-S, TIGERS, TIGERS, TIGERS! As well as, "(insert goalie name here three times), you suck $&@%!" are pathetic.

Miami is one of the arenas on my bucket list I want to get to (in the worst way!) and would have had I not gotten tickets for the Colts/Broncos game in Indy. Blasi is building a great powerhouse in Oxford.

According to collegehockeystats.net. Ausmus and Panzo were -3 together. May not see them together again.

I have been a supporter of Panz but he hasn't played well at all in his 2 games this year. His lack of quickness and speed was really evident last night vs their top skill guys. Ausmus is going to be OK.

Like most teams...goaltending can make or break you as was evident by both teams both nights. Zane just cannot lay an egg after a great performance the game before. I remember w BE you felt you were down 1-0 before the puck dropped as he always seemed give a softie or bad goal per game even though he might make 6-8 ridiculous saves...Zane is getting close to that.

I don't understand all the complaining on here? They split! The Sioux (IMO) looked great again, out shooting Miami the whole game until the last few minutes! They just have to figure out this goalie situation! Why can't either of the (should be studs) goalies put two good games together in a row? Bring in the freshie and check him out...

• Upvote 1

I don't understand all the complaining on here? They split! The Sioux (IMO) looked great again, out shooting Miami the whole game until the last few minutes! They just have to figure out this goalie situation! Why can't either of the (should be studs) goalies put two good games together in a row? Bring in the freshie and check him out...

Agree. If you had told me Friday afternoon that UND would split with Miami at Miami, I would have been happy. No one likes to be on the short end of a blow out score, but how the Sioux played through the first two periods (I couldn't watch the third) looked pretty solid. Though I did notice one D who repeatedly got burned and looked incredibly slow. Panz, maybe?

As a whole, the scoreboard makes the loss look significantly worse than it was, in my opinion. I'm very excited to see what this team can do once they get a few more games under them.

• Upvote 1

The HD camera used has to be as bad a camera as you can possibly get. And the cameraman had to be high. Constant shaking, and those zoom in close ups turned everything yellow. If I want to see yellow I'll watch the Gophers or Bison. Could not watch this for an entire season, godawful. And I haven't even mentioned the play by play guy. Obviously knows almost nothing about hockey, I had to switch to the radio stream just to tell what was going on, With the broadcaster and the terrible camera, it was just brutal. Miami fans that watch the midco production when they meet at the Ralph are in for a much better production, with good cameras (OK, we're not to thrilled with Hammer, but he may know a few names of Redhawk players at least, even if he'll pronounce them 5 different ways).

The HD camera used has to be as bad a camera as you can possibly get. And the cameraman had to be high. Constant shaking, and those zoom in close ups turned everything yellow. If I want to see yellow I'll watch the Gophers or Bison. Could not watch this for an entire season, godawful. And I haven't even mentioned the play by play guy. Obviously knows almost nothing about hockey, I had to switch to the radio stream just to tell what was going on, With the broadcaster and the terrible camera, it was just brutal. Miami fans that watch the midco production when they meet at the Ralph are in for a much better production, with good cameras (OK, we're not to thrilled with Hammer, but he may know a few names of Redhawk players at least, even if he'll pronounce them 5 different ways).

I thought the web cast from Miami was brutal, and it buffered quite a bit and the video quality wasn't good. The announcer made me want to hang myself.

I turned off the sound, but tolerated the video quality for a litttle while...can't give a good team softies in their barn. Then turned off the game after the 5th Miami goal.

Nice building weekend- I'm sure Enrico would say the same. Points will be tough to come by in this league. It was a split by powerhouses- has to be what you expect and/or hope for.

I'm not one of those people who pines for Deano, particularly since you could easily argue that his work has been a disappointment in Omaha. But one difference between his teams and Hak's teams, I think, is the level of caution the Dmen show in their first pass up ice. They tend to hold on to the puck quite a while before making the breakout pass--it seems like their number one rule is not to turn the puck over, so they chip it up the boards to a covered winger or pass it to someone away from the boards who is now covered. Spaces close pretty fast in that league. I understand that all teams tend to do this and that it is early, so the players do not have midseason rhythm. But it does seem that Hak's teams are trained to hold the puck a little longer before passing as a matter of defensive caution.

As I said, this is a seems kind of thing, and I'd be happy to have someone say I'm full of shat.

Miami fans will be the first to admit that we wish we could get 10,000+ fans at our barn, but those that come are into the game. UND is fortunate for their fan base. Nobody denies what the Sioux has, but Miami is still proud of what we have. Good luck guys, good series.

Are Miami home games still televised on a regional network in Ohio. Until a few years ago I know they were on Ohio News Network, which was available FTA with a satellite setup, but they quit uplinking a few years back, and I see the station totally shut down a year ago.

I watched the webcast and the HD web cameras they used appeared to me to be remote controlled which would cause the shakiness, but they announcer was awful. I about died laughing when every save made by McKay was an awesome save and it was right into his chest and no effort was made to really make the stop. The other thing that bothered me is when this announcer who I am sure feels he is the next Bob Costas stated that "Miami really exposed UND tonight". What is he talking about, just made me laugh the rest of the game.

On the weekend, Tambelini (0g-0a—0pts) -2, Drake Caggiula (0g-0a—0pts) -4, Roco Grimaldi (0g-0a—0pts) -3. I don't know if many teams are going to do that.

Edited by Goon

Haha I was trying to give the play-by-play guy some slack, but when it took him a full minute into a powerplay to realize that it was 5 on 4 and not 5 on 3...that's sad.

The broadcast must have controlled when and what the penalty clock showed, and whether it was up or not. It was up and showed 5 on 3 at that point, although it was obvious that it was 5 on 4.

I watched the webcast and the HD web cameras they used appeared to me to be remote controlled which would cause the shakiness,

They must have also mis-set the color, or stuck in a yellow filter, when the zoom in was used. But the bad camera was by far overshadowed by the clueless broadcaster.

On the weekend, Tambelini (0g-0a—0pts) -2, Drake Caggiula (0g-0a—0pts) -4, Roco Grimaldi (0g-0a—0pts) -3. I don't know if many teams are going to do that.

Your best players need to be your best players...that is a failing weekend grade for the top offensive unit. They also had a few penalties against.

Your best players need to be your best players...that is a failing weekend grade for the top offensive unit. They also had a few penalties against.

Every unit must play even hockey, especially that top unit.

So the team on the weekend was a minus 3 (won by 2 but with a PPG and lost by 4). That means that unit (-2, -3, -4) which averaged a minus 3 was the difference on paper.

Gotta play a 200 foot game.

I think the announcer kept calling Rocco "Gamaldi." He was not only terrible, but also incredibly boring. We didn't even see I think it was the fourth goal because the camera quickly cut to a zoomed in area above the crowd. Hopefully other league teams have better broadcasts. Seeing that small arena though, makes me think it'd be really cool to get to a game there sometime.