SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota at Miami -Saturday

sprig

Miami Redskins are BACK!! Glad to see we are back!!! I'm happy about the new conference and new rivalry. I was worried after last night but we came back and responded! Much respect to the Sioux!

Good luck Sioux!

Hope you guys respect the Redskins too.

You guys have a long way to go when it comes to game atmosphere, for a good program, awful atmosphere it appears.

I'm not going to get too down on the team for this loss. They just went to the barn of the #1 team and split, not a bad result at all. Sure, a sweep would have been great after last night's result, but from the sounds of things the team hasn't played poorly today, just bad finishing and poor goaltending.

Exhibition next week and then pour it on at home against SCSU.

I still like the makeup of this team, they look like they could mesh and cause some damage in the postseason.

My only real concerns after this series is the inconsistent goaltending and the disappearance of the Grimaldi line after they dominated against Vermont.

• Upvote 1

What a bizarre game. I didn't get to watch last night's game, but this webcast was strange from the start. I didn't think the boys looked bad. That weird penalty review, never seen that before. The monotone announcers with little knowledge, of anything. And the general lack of fan involvement... Would be interested to hear from those who attended.

Thoughts:

~Expected a loss tonight. Miami doesn't lose often at home.

~Zane is a tremendous goaltender. But consistency is still an issue. A few he'd like back.

~Young teams will have nights like this. More to be learned from a 6-2 loss than a 4-2 win. Sad, but true.

~Was nice to see the fourth unit continue to have quality minutes. Good for them.

I'll take a split at the #1 team in the nation. I know this program is about winning every game, but this league won't see a lot of sweeps.

• Upvote 1

What a bizarre game. I didn't get to watch last night's game, but this webcast was strange from the start. I didn't think the boys looked bad. That weird penalty review, never seen that before. The monotone announcers with little knowledge, of anything. And the general lack of fan involvement... Would be interested to hear from those who attended.

Yes, the announcer was painful, and I mean painful to listen to. he reminded me of the drunk guy who site behind you and spews "knowledge" during the game.

• Upvote 1

Yes, the announcer was painful, and I mean painful to listen to. he reminded me of the drunk guy who site behind you and spews "knowledge" during the game.

I sat in front of a guy like that for the first three years at the new Ralph. Thank god I switched seats our I might have been banned from the place! Goaltending was awful tonight and we had mental lapses at critical times of the game. This team will only go if Zane is on. Clark just isn't as talented as Zane so we need him to take over and maintain focus every night to be successful. Stecher looks very promising!

Thoughts:

~Expected a loss tonight. Miami doesn't lose often at home.

~Zane is a tremendous goaltender. But consistency is still an issue. A few he'd like back.

~Young teams will have nights like this. More to be learned from a 6-2 loss than a 4-2 win. Sad, but true.

~Was nice to see the fourth unit continue to have quality minutes. Good for them.

I'll take a split at the #1 team in the nation. I know this program is about winning every game, but this league won't see a lot of sweeps.

That is a pretty good summary. I stated yesterday to everyone I talked to that I would not be surprised to see them get the split tonight. However, I never would have expected a loss like this. You are correct that this program is about winning every game but the league is to good for that to happen, however, I also believe that this program should lose close games. This was pretty embarassing. Goaltending and passing has always seemed to be an issue and it continued tonight...

Also, does anyone know what actually happened with that penalty review? I thought that penalties were unreviewable....