SiouxSports.com Forum

What's bothering you today?

Goon

Here's an idea. Let's start a thread that give UND fans a place to complain. Then lets talk about hockey in the other threads.

• Time to get a new TV Deal, current one sucks.
  • CBSSN is not a National TV channel.
  • Current HD for UND hockey Sucks.
  • No commercials on Web broadcasts.
  • Time to get a new Web broadcast that sucks too...
  • Ralph Bilking people by cancelling, shuttle service.
  • Time to fire head coach. (Football and Hockey)
  • Titles that upset you.
  • Current group of media members are too soft on Coach Hakstol
  • What ails you today.
  • Government shutdown is screwing up the world to include hockey.

*This post was done with tongue in cheek. Please don't take it too seriously.... Love Goon. :)

I had to miss the Manitoba game because I cannot take days off from work, and i'm working for IOU's right now. And If it isn't settled by 10/31 I might have to cancel my Vegas trip. Gotta love being "essential"

I had to miss the Manitoba game because I cannot take days off from work, and i'm working for IOU's right now. And If it isn't settled by 10/31 I might have to cancel my Vegas trip. Gotta love being "essential"

I was supposed to go on leave and hunt ducks all week, but that's not going to happen.

• Upvote 1

1. The NCHC's 3 point system requires me to recode the standings tables using data I wasn't even collecting before (SO wins)...

as if I wasn't busy enough already because...

2. somewhat silly changes to the PWR that require data I wasn't even collecting before (bonuses for home/away wins) and annoying to implement RPI bonuses (QWB) that are just going to be reversed anyway within a couple years the first time someone gets screwed by it. Sigh.

Things I don't mind-- hate on the Caps. I'm not used to being a fan of a team successful enough to be hated. Meanwhile, back to the Vikings. ;)

Psst, an HD control room is not the same as buying an HD truck.

I realize more equipment would be necessary at the Ralph. But does forum communications not own a hd satellite truck? I don't know the answer but I do know that I have found their news feeds Fta on location in hd. So if they don't have the ability to uplink to satellite in hd themselves they have paid a company to uplink for them. Fact is you cannot claim they were not capable.

I realize more equipment would be necessary at the Ralph. But does forum communications not own a hd satellite truck? I don't know the answer but I do know that I have found their news feeds Fta on location in hd. So if they don't have the ability to uplink to satellite in hd themselves they have paid a company to uplink for them. Fact is you cannot claim they were not capable.

Capable of what? Putting an HD signal on FTA? That's nowhere close to the same as producing a sports broadcast in HD. I just purchased a very basic HD production trailer for work. It's a three camera setup (two of which aren't very good) and has a basic graphics system. Total cost was $100,000. But it's for high school sports, so it doesn't need to be top-notch. To have a truck capable of producing high quality broadcasts in an arena the size of the Ralph would be at least four times that price.

Capable of what? Putting an HD signal on FTA? That's nowhere close to the same as producing a sports broadcast in HD. I just purchased a very basic HD production trailer for work. It's a three camera setup (two of which aren't very good) and has a basic graphics system. Total cost was $100,000. But it's for high school sports, so it doesn't need to be top-notch. To have a truck capable of producing high quality broadcasts in an arena the size of the Ralph would be at least four times that price.

Good for you. Wdaz produced the broadcast for years. Just saying they are capable of putting the signal up there minus maybe a few hd cameras and a few other pieces of equipment. Fta or not.

Good for you. Wdaz produced the broadcast for years. Just saying they are capable of putting the signal up there minus maybe a few hd cameras and a few other pieces of equipment. Fta or not.

I was under the impression that WDAZ produced the broadcast, but I don't think they owned the equipment to uplink the hockey broadcasts. I think that was (probably still is) owned by the REA. And I don't think that the existing SD equipment is able to uplink HD broadcasts. I don't know who owned the cameras and other production equipment. In the past the hockey broadcasts were a joint venture between WDAZ, UND and Midcontinent. It was never just WDAZ responsible for the entire broadcast.