SiouxSports.com Forum

What's bothering you today?

Goon

Major difference in prime time TV (the hours between 7 and 10 pm) and prime college football time. The networks make more money on prime time than they do on college football. They set advertising prices based on viewership. If the affiliate preempts programming then the networks don't get credited for viewership. The networks aren't going to drop an affiliate for preempting college football. They have dropped affiliates for preempting too much prime time programming. The networks give a little leeway for special events, that's how the affiliates get away with broadcasting high school state tournaments. But there isn't a network that would let an affiliate get away with 20 nights of hockey games, not to mention any of the other sporting events.

As far as I can tell, NDSU hasn't had anyone offer to pay them for TV rights, at least not a substantial amount. They had trouble getting anything on TV a few years ago when UND was starting to get games on regularly. That's why they started doing their own thing. They have just expanded the number of games they are doing on their own. They haven't been given a choice of payday versus exposure.

This makes sense I guess.

I'm bothered by the fact I used to shoot consistently in the low 80's on the golf course. And now I'm mid 90's every time.

I blame the:

~Wife

~2 year old

~Mortgage

~Dogs

~Large yard the neighbors leaves fall into

~Job

Before all of those I was a decent golfer.

• Upvote 1

That Dan Hammer cannot pronounce the names of our own players...some favorites from last season..

Rocky Grimaldo

Mark Mc-million

and my favorite, Danny Wristo (I believe he combined Kristo with wrister to get this gem)

Somebody give him a copy of the roster so he can take it home and practice. Ugh!

That Dan Hammer cannot pronounce the names of our own players...some favorites from last season..

Rocky Grimaldo

Mark Mc-million

and my favorite, Danny Wristo (I believe he combined Kristo with wrister to get this gem)

Somebody give him a copy of the roster so he can take it home and practice. Ugh!

his nicknames get to me:

Rocko

LJ- and then he follows it up with his name Luke Johnson

Kober

...and kober drives me nuts with his poor English, Kober it's "should have gone" not "should have went"

I'm bothered by the fact I used to shoot consistently in the low 80's on the golf course. And now I'm mid 90's every time.

I blame the:

~Wife

~2 year old

~Mortgage

~Dogs

~Large yard the neighbors leaves fall into

~Job

Before all of those I was a decent golfer.

I have been able to get below a 5 handicap over the past couple years. Why??? Cause I have been able to "eliminate" some of those issues above!! Try it...it will help your game alot. :). BTW...not saying which ones were the ticket for me. ;)

I have been able to get below a 5 handicap over the past couple years. Why??? Cause I have been able to "eliminate" some of those issues above!! Try it...it will help your game alot. :). BTW...not saying which ones were the ticket for me. ;)

There was a day when I was a threat to shoot par any time out with the right conditions. Then slowly each of the list I mentioned showed up and you can basically add three strokes for each reason.

Which, I was going to go golfing tomorrow, but it might snow....I'm bothered by that as well. :lol:

Damn Red Sox...

Ohh no you don't. :lol:

What bothers me is people who call themselves Twins fans treat Torii Hunter like the best thing to ever happen to the Minnesota Twins organization. And every time he comes back everyone is supposed to cherish every at bat of his, and the way he plays the game.

Hunter decides to leave.....gets cheered. A.J. Pierzynski gets traded and gets booed.....Minneapolis sports fans at their finest. I hope he never wins a world series.

• Upvote 2

There was a day when I was a threat to shoot par any time out with the right conditions.

Which, I was going to go golfing tomorrow, but it might snow....I'm bothered by that as well. :lol:

I'm a threat as well every time out...until I cough up a miserable 3 putt, try to hit a high risk, little reward shot out of absolute trouble, or use Goon's course management and try to carry one over water from 250 out...into the wind!

Was going to play yesterday afternoon...was 44 w 25+ mph wind and drizzle. Too wimpy for that. That bothered me alot...the wimpy part that is. :sad:

Ohh no you don't. :lol:

What bothers me is people who call themselves Twins fans treat Torii Hunter like the best thing to ever happen to the Minnesota Twins organization. And every time he comes back everyone is supposed to cherish every at bat of his, and the way he plays the game.

Hunter decides to leave.....gets cheered. A.J. Pierzynski gets traded and gets booed.....Minneapolis sports fans at their finest. I hope he never wins a world series.

Torii wanted a deal for I believe five years and the Twins were only willing to go with a three year deal. He has had nothing but good things to say about Minnesota every time he comes back and plays there.

Twins fans cheered Jim Thome as a Phillie too...standing ovation when he hit a home run at Target Field a couple of years ago...