SiouxSports.com Forum

What's bothering you today?

Goon

Hunter decides to leave.....gets cheered. A.J. Pierzynski gets traded and gets booed.....Minneapolis sports fans at their finest. I hope he never wins a world series.

A. J. is one of my all-time favorite Twins. They lost their "winner" when they traded him.

Ohh no you don't. :lol:

What bothers me is people who call themselves Twins fans treat Torii Hunter like the best thing to ever happen to the Minnesota Twins organization. And every time he comes back everyone is supposed to cherish every at bat of his, and the way he plays the game.

Hunter decides to leave.....gets cheered. A.J. Pierzynski gets traded and gets booed.....Minneapolis sports fans at their finest. I hope he never wins a world series.

I think it's because Torii was always a great guy on and off the field and was fun to watch. He wanted more years and money than the Twins were willing/able to pay at the time, so they parted on good terms. A.J. was and is an @$$ who got traded to make room for Mauer. I think it was Gardy, or maybe Ozzie G., who once said something like, "You hate him when he's on the other team, and when he's on your team, you hate him a little less." He just wasn't the charasmatic and likeable guy Torii was.

Although Torii winning a WS would be nice, I'm rooting against the Tigers because they're in the Central.

Anyways, when news outlets use Twitter posts as news. THAT bothers me.

Torii wanted a deal for I believe five years and the Twins were only willing to go with a three year deal. He has had nothing but good things to say about Minnesota every time he comes back and plays there.

Twins fans cheered Jim Thome as a Phillie too...standing ovation when he hit a home run at Target Field a couple of years ago...

I'll never forget the article in the Pioneer Press where Hunter really just pushed me away from ever really liking him. Lets see if I can find it....

http://www.twincities.com/sansevere/ci_6521212

PS: How is North Dakota treating you? Cold and windy up in my area.

A. J. is one of my all-time favorite Twins. They lost their "winner" when they traded him.

I like AJ too...did you see the Texas game this year where he got tossed after sticking up for his pitcher who was throwing a no-hitter (or was it a perfect game?). Strike 3 called a ball and the giy smacks the next pitch into the bleachers in right field...AJ went ballistic on the ump.

Yep, I saw that. Love his intensity - something the Twins haven't had in a few years. I don't think it's a mere coincidence they didn't win a single playoff series after they traded him. Heck, in all the playoff series post AJ they only won one or two GAMES!

Doggie play dates. Floor covered in mud, dead leaves, shredded newspaper (no great loss--wasn't GFK Herald *sports* section). Puppy has already leaped the safety gate and gotten into Area 51 aka "the spare room". I just don't have the energy to stay ahead of these canine hindrance (opposite of "assistance") animals.

You know what bothers me? All week long, the weather is crap, then when I want to go duck hunting, it's sunny and nice and the ducks don't fly. That's what chaps my ass. I did shoot this hybrid duck the other day that has characteristics of three different ducks. Maybe someone can tell me what this thing is? It has Gadwall wings, a Pintail beak, and a Mallard tail. No, I am not wearing my Sioux Sports hat or Hoggsbreath hat, they're way too warm and you over heat in them.

557258_10153351422040576_1447379872_n.jpg

Edited by Goon

Oops, it's 'the' not 'think'. It's obvious I don't 'think' when I type.... :blush:

Haha I understood what you meant, at least! In the summer, it's all about the 4-wheelers (which I don't have :sad: ). Pretty soon, it'll be all about the snowmobile. Thankfully, I just started renting a house that includes unlimited free snowmobile use :D

You know what bothers me? All week long, the weather is crap, then when I want to go duck hunting, it's sunny and nice and the ducks don't fly. That's what chaps my ass. I did shoot this hybrid duck the other day that has characteristics of three different ducks. Maybe someone can tell me what this thing is? It has Gadwall wings, a Pintail beak, and a Mallard tail. No, I am not wearing my Sioux Sports hat or Hoggsbreath hat, they're way too warm and you over heat in them.

557258_10153351422040576_1447379872_n.jpg

A gadmall+, yellow legs, tail = mallard, wings = gadwall, can't see the beak well, but it looks black, which is neither mallard nor gadwall. This duck probably is not sure if it's a drake or hen, as it heads has characteristics of both. Did you pop the cloaca and check? Some hen has been stepping out more than a little. Dux are swingers by nature, the parents here have gone above and beyond, wonder what this bird sounded like, must have been a weird quack.

The undsports headlines from yesterday, losses across the board :sad:

A gadmall+, yellow legs, tail = mallard, wings = gadwall, can't see the beak well, but it looks black, which is neither mallard nor gadwall. This duck probably is not sure if it's a drake or hen, as it heads has characteristics of both. Did you pop the cloaca and check? Some hen has been stepping out more than a little. Dux are swingers by nature, the parents here have gone above and beyond, wonder what this bird sounded like, must have been a weird quack.

The undsports headlines from yesterday, losses across the board :sad:

It was a really nice bird, I am sure he will taste good next to the potatos. :)

About the same kind of weird duck I shot back in the 80's. Right side was a drake mallard left side was a hen mallard. Right down to half beak each too. Hermaphrodite. Wanted to mount it but felt no one would believe it was not artificially half and half. It was separated from an entire flock (ostracized?) of mallards in a field. And you were right--it tasted good next to the potatoes.....