SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Athletics High Performance Center

GeauxSioux

You still haven't given any proof of anything that has actually been cancelled, or even delayed. Everyone knows that the 2nd phase of the practice facility is delayed as they wait for fundraising. We also know that the EERC has an ongoing deficit of $1-2,000,000 that they have been working on for a couple of years. That would be a significant part of the $5,000,000. Beyond that they are developing plans on how to approach the shortfall. As was mentioned in the article, part of the problem was that the budget was developed before the legislature met. The legislature limited the tuition increase to 2.5%. An increase of 3.7% would have covered another large chunk of the shortfall. You are trying to claim that there is a huge budget problem at UND, and that they were hiding it. The problem isn't nearly as big as you claim and hasn't been hidden by anyone.

For some reason you think this short fall only has to do with the athletic department.  You want me to name the company and the project proposals that have been delayed? 

If I did that what are the chances of that company doing business with UND again?

Edited by bison73

For some reason you think this short fall only has to do with the athletic department.  You want me to name the company and the project proposals that have been delayed? 

If I did that what are the chances of that company doing business with UND again?

I talked about the EERC, the total budget of UND, and the general fund and tuition budget of UND. None of those have anything to do with the athletic department (other than the fact that the athletic budget is a very small part of the total budget). The athletic department budget is approximately $21,000,000 and the budgets I discussed are several hundred million. I mentioned the practice facility because it is the only project that comes to mind that we know has been delayed. The Medical school is in progress, that's a $124 million project. The addition and remodeling of the law school is complete. The remodeling and addition to the Wilkerson Dining facility is completed or close. The new facility attached to the Aviation School is in progress. They just completed a parking lot project on 6th Avenue North. It sure sounds like they are delaying a lot of large projects, doesn't it?

Project proposals are often delayed while financing issues are worked out. It happens in business and it happens in government. If you and your buddy haven't figured that out then maybe he shouldn't be in business. For instance, I was talking to someone I know at a local plumbing and HVAC company. They have several projects they are waiting for, projects that they are sure they are getting the bid on but haven't gotten a go ahead. They had hoped to start on the projects this fall, but now they don't know if they will start until spring. We didn't go into specifics, but I don't think that any of them are at UND. You don't have to name the company, but it would give you some credibility if you named a project. And even if you did name the company, I really doubt that doing so on a sports forum is going to do anything to that company's chances of doing business with UND.

Being the tuition increase was capped at 2.5%, that pretty much guarantees NDSU has to be short also since they have same amount of students, no?  Or did they ask for only 2.5%?

No, no, no! Have you forgotten already? NDSU is swimming in cash (like Scrooge McDuck) and can do whatever it wants, whenever it wants. Never, ever doubt the infallibility of the Imperial Cass-Clay County media conglomerates. They know all and see all. :silly::wink::p

• Upvote 1

I talked about the EERC, the total budget of UND, and the general fund and tuition budget of UND. None of those have anything to do with the athletic department (other than the fact that the athletic budget is a very small part of the total budget). The athletic department budget is approximately $21,000,000 and the budgets I discussed are several hundred million. I mentioned the practice facility because it is the only project that comes to mind that we know has been delayed. The Medical school is in progress, that's a $124 million project. The addition and remodeling of the law school is complete. The remodeling and addition to the Wilkerson Dining facility is completed or close. The new facility attached to the Aviation School is in progress. They just completed a parking lot project on 6th Avenue North. It sure sounds like they are delaying a lot of large projects, doesn't it?

Project proposals are often delayed while financing issues are worked out. It happens in business and it happens in government. If you and your buddy haven't figured that out then maybe he shouldn't be in business. For instance, I was talking to someone I know at a local plumbing and HVAC company. They have several projects they are waiting for, projects that they are sure they are getting the bid on but haven't gotten a go ahead. They had hoped to start on the projects this fall, but now they don't know if they will start until spring. We didn't go into specifics, but I don't think that any of them are at UND. You don't have to name the company, but it would give you some credibility if you named a project. And even if you did name the company, I really doubt that doing so on a sports forum is going to do anything to that company's chances of doing business with UND.

Serious? Come on you know better than that. All it would take is one phone call, text or email. Cant believe you actually believe that.:silly:

Serious? Come on you know better than that. All it would take is one phone call, text or email. Cant believe you actually believe that.:silly:

I can't believe that you are so paranoid. Projects are put on bid for a reason, and someone reporting information legally (remember we have open records laws in North Dakota) isn't going to get in the way unless the person making the decision is petty and vindictive. Being petty and vindictive while making decisions on public projects is a good way to get in trouble. Of course, if that is your normal state of mind then you probably think that everyone reacts the same way.

I can't believe that you are so paranoid. Projects are put on bid for a reason, and someone reporting information legally (remember we have open records laws in North Dakota) isn't going to get in the way unless the person making the decision is petty and vindictive. Being petty and vindictive while making decisions on public projects is a good way to get in trouble. Of course, if that is your normal state of mind then you probably think that everyone reacts the same way.

Not paranoid at all. But nice try.  Now we can wait for the other shoe to drop.

Not paranoid at all. But nice try.  Now we can wait for the other shoe to drop.

And what exactly is this other shoe going to be? So far the only thing that has came out is information that is 6 months old and has  nothing to do with the claims you were making. There is a lot of connected people who post on here and everything is public information to begin with yet somehow a FargoU fan has the inside scoop that he heard second or third hand. Sure thing...

• Upvote 2

About as likely as the chances of this person still being your "friend" after you name the company. I would guess you've already gone too far with what you "know" in that person's eyes and that they regret telling you anything. 

User Actions
  Follow
31DiFmqC_bigger.jpegPat Sweeney@PSweeneyND

Here's what the UND High Performance Center looks like today.

CRtUF1BUwAAGG1n.jpg
CRtUF0UUAAAK-C4.jpg

What a shame.  Heard the track was all supposed to be the darker color, but they had to mix in the cheap lighter-colored lanes due to budget cuts..... 

I guess I never noticed that the endzones were blank...in a couple weeks they could fill the north one with either fighting/rough and the south one with nodaks/riders???

About as likely as the chances of this person still being your "friend" after you name the company. I would guess you've already gone too far with what you "know" in that person's eyes and that they regret telling you anything. 

Again you couldnt be further from the truth.:lol:

• 3 weeks later...

The HPC is incredibly impressive and absolutely massive. Everything it was advertised to be and more. The coaches were all grinning ear to ear with very good reason, absolute game changer.

Need to work hard on getting Phase II completed so the weight room, locker rooms and coach's offices can be built.

• Upvote 1

The HPC is incredibly impressive and absolutely massive. Everything it was advertised to be and more. The coaches were all grinning ear to ear with very good reason.

Need to work hard on getting Phase II completed so the weight room, locker rooms and coach's offices can be built.

did they give any indication on where they are at with fund raising for Phase 2?