SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Athletics High Performance Center

GeauxSioux

Just passing along information. Didnt think the back lash would be this bad. I find it interesting that a few were ok that projects were delayed because of funding but other took it personal and couldnt be open mined enough to think there are issues. Goes with the territory I guess.

Actually, you have provided no real information. You haven't given any facts. You have just provided innuendo and second hand stories. Pretty boring stories since you haven't provided any details of any kind that can be verified or checked. Just vague accusations. Projects get delayed all of the time in government and in business. Payments also get delayed for a variety of reasons. Until you provide some details that can be verified, you have given no information that any reasonable person would believe as the truth.

One of my riggin buddy's dads is doing an ndsu project. They asked him to take payment in crop. He said no cash money only

they said they would have to wait to get payment until they increase student fees as they had to increase the personal security service for the president as ndsu is big time now

just what they told me. Don't shoot the messenger

• Upvote 1

Has the ndsu president's house been completed yet? 

Has UNDs?

Yes.  For background, UND and ndsu were each authorized $900,000 for their president's houses.  UND spent about $1.35 million (all donations) and finished an 8,300 square foot house (the old UND president's house was 8,900 square feet).  Ndsu spent $2.7 million (including a relatively small amount of state general funds) on a 12,800 square foot behemoth (the old ndsu president's house was 4,500 square feet), with an unfinished 3,900 square foot basement, to be completed at a future date when funds become available (perhaps it's done now?).

Has UNDs?

What kind of a question is that considering we dont offer those sports. I realize he is trying to walk it to a preconceived conclusion as if its some type of moral equivalency. Fact is he answered a question with a question. Kind of disingenuous dont you think?

So you complain about people answering questions with questions and then proceed to do the same? Kind of a double standard, no? For the record, NDSU Foundation took on the shortage and still owes $750K+ on the president's house.  There is no outstanding loans on UND's president's house.

Coming here and claiming UND isn't paying contractors/vendors and then providing absolutely zero information is a complete garbage. If it truly was an issue with no extenuating circumstances, it would be very well known. There are a lot of companies that are hesitant to do government work because of the slow pay, if they knew they weren't getting paid then it would not be a secret, not to mention all information is public to begin with. No clue what you're trying to claim by saying UND is delaying projects because of funding? There are some pretty huge projects going on at UND's campus right now.  Are you talking about Phase II of the HPC?  Of course that has been delayed, the funds haven't been raised.  Same reason the SHAC remodel started a decade after it was supposed to.  By the way, what's the current amount left to raise on that project?  The only reason it was started is because the NDSU Foundation guaranteed any shortfall in fundraising (same they did on the Fargodome locker room and coach's office renovations that a decade after they were completed is still $1.5 million short of being paid for).

• Upvote 2

Just passing along information. Didnt think the back lash would be this bad. I find it interesting that a few were ok that projects were delayed because of funding but other took it personal and couldnt be open mined enough to think there are issues. Goes with the territory I guess.

Umm. We don't know that.

Sincerely,

Joe Soucharay

biked by the hpc and looked down in and in looks like the track is going in....most of the north concrete looks "wet" and you can see the tan looking running track down nearest the field...anyone know if und plans to keep/connect the road behind memorial with that little road that runs behind the eerc....the part behind the hpc is gravel and it connects the two points but it looks cheap...

information?   lol.   let us know when you start to provide some "information."  we're all ears.  (or in this case, eyes)

information?   lol.   let us know when you start to provide some "information."  we're all ears.  (or in this case, eyes)

This good enough for you?  Was wondering when it would hit the papers.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/education/3858333-und-projecting-5-million-budget-shortfall

I think this is just the tip of the ice berg. The shortfall is much larger.

Edited by bison73

You do know that UND officials in March addressed concerns about a budget shortfall of up to $29 Million thanks to a change in state funding formula when they went to speak at the states senate appropriations committee. It hit the papers months ago.

This isn't some secret that you thought it was that nobody was reporting.

Edited by Cratter
  • Upvote 1

This good enough for you?  Was wondering when it would hit the papers.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/education/3858333-und-projecting-5-million-budget-shortfall

I think this is just the tip of the ice berg. The shortfall is much larger.

This is a budget shortfall. The money they expect to take in during this fiscal year is less than the amount of money they expect to spend during this fiscal year if they spend the amounts that are in the budget. They have 9 months to fix the problem. This doesn't mean that they owe someone $5 million right now. This isn't what you have been claiming. Much of your claims have been about money not being paid. As others have said, the University has specific time frames written into law about when bills are paid. This potential shortfall could result in projects being delayed or cancelled, but bills are being paid.

For a little bit of reference, the total UND budget for 2016 is $534,865,646. A $5,000,000 shortfall is less than 1%. If someone makes $50,000 per year, this is like having a $500 shortfall. You make some relatively minor adjustments to the budget, or find a way to make a little more money, and the problem goes away. The UND budget for general fund and tuition is $186,822,805, so the $5 million would be a little over 2.67% of that figure, which compares to a deficit of $1,300 on a $50,000 salary. A problem, yes. A major issue, not so much. And as Cratter noted above, and was noted in the article, UND made this known to the proper authorities last spring. This wasn't hidden from anyone.

• Upvote 1

This is a budget shortfall. The money they expect to take in during this fiscal year is less than the amount of money they expect to spend during this fiscal year if they spend the amounts that are in the budget. They have 9 months to fix the problem. This doesn't mean that they owe someone $5 million right now. This isn't what you have been claiming. Much of your claims have been about money not being paid. As others have said, the University has specific time frames written into law about when bills are paid. This potential shortfall could result in projects being delayed or cancelled, but bills are being paid.

For a little bit of reference, the total UND budget for 2016 is $534,865,646. A $5,000,000 shortfall is less than 1%. If someone makes $50,000 per year, this is like having a $500 shortfall. You make some relatively minor adjustments to the budget, or find a way to make a little more money, and the problem goes away. The UND budget for general fund and tuition is $186,822,805, so the $5 million would be a little over 2.67% of that figure, which compares to a deficit of $1,300 on a $50,000 salary. A problem, yes. A major issue, not so much. And as Cratter noted above, and was noted in the article, UND made this known to the proper authorities last spring. This wasn't hidden from anyone.

I made one statement about a vendor not being paid  and was waiting on payment. Most of my statements were in regards to projects being delayed or cancelled because of a lack of funding of which every one her said wasnt happening. But now everyone as of my most recent posting knew about it? LOL

As I said in my last post I am sure there is more issues coming up in the future.

Edited by bison73

I made one statement about a vendor not being paid  and was waiting on payment. Most of my statements were in regards to projects being delayed or cancelled because of a lack of funding of which every one her said wasnt happening. But now everyone as of my most recent posting knew about it? LOL

As I said in my last post I am sure there is more issues coming up in the future.

you seem really cconcerned, being you constantly post about it.  Hopefully, it will get worked out...for your sake.

You still haven't given any proof of anything that has actually been cancelled, or even delayed. Everyone knows that the 2nd phase of the practice facility is delayed as they wait for fundraising. We also know that the EERC has an ongoing deficit of $1-2,000,000 that they have been working on for a couple of years. That would be a significant part of the $5,000,000. Beyond that they are developing plans on how to approach the shortfall. As was mentioned in the article, part of the problem was that the budget was developed before the legislature met. The legislature limited the tuition increase to 2.5%. An increase of 3.7% would have covered another large chunk of the shortfall. You are trying to claim that there is a huge budget problem at UND, and that they were hiding it. The problem isn't nearly as big as you claim and hasn't been hidden by anyone.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1