SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Athletics High Performance Center

GeauxSioux

I dont need to make a request. The information is out there. Of course you would need to know where to look and which dept. But as Ive said--I already know so why would I need to make a request?

if its public knowledge, just do us a favor and tell us; I don't want to take the time to do a request.  Thank you.

Shoddy work? Then why would UND keep doing business with that company? Your ignorance of the current situation at UND is astounding. It you who believes UND is above reproach in its business dealing without knowing the facts.

So he supposedly hasn't got paid but continues to do work for UND? Your story just doesn't add up. Guessing there is a hell of a lot you are leaving out or weren't told about. I know many companies that have done and continue to do work for UND and have yet to hear anything like that without some extenuating circumstance. If it was happening for no reason it would become public very quickly. 

Not sure where this argument started or what building project or government entity is involved. I will say if a UND or for that matter NDSU hires a general contractor or architect to do a job. Pay estimates go through that private company. The company I work for does a high percentage of government work and believe me this process is slow at times, but everybody always gets paid if you do the work properly. 

What I'm getting at is government agencies are inefficient not broke. There is checks and balances in place to insure projects are fully funded by completion. In my fifteen years it's never happened to me. If it is happening somebody is losing their job. 

So he supposedly hasn't got paid but continues to do work for UND? Your story just doesn't add up. Guessing there is a hell of a lot you are leaving out or weren't told about. I know many companies that have done and continue to do work for UND and have yet to hear anything like that without some extenuating circumstance. If it was happening for no reason it would become public very quickly. 

I first need to clarify----my source told me about the company that didnt get paid. He knows the company and people very well. My sources company is the one whose projects were delayed.

I asked that same question. Answer--because thats how they do business. They will get paid eventually but money is tight right now.  They also have  contracts in the future and dont want to jeopardize those. But will go through the same scenario with those. Plus they are delaying other projects because of money..

Edited by bison73

I first need to clarify----my source told me about the company that didnt get paid. He knows the company and people very well. My sources company is the one whose projects were delayed.

I asked that same question. Answer--because thats how they do business. They will get paid eventually but money is tight right now.  They also have  contracts in the future and dont want to jeopardize those. But will go through the same scenario with those. Plus they are delaying other projects because of money..

I'd like to know more detail before trying to throw UND under the bus. They have several huge projects going on around campus right now and funds had to be secured on all of them before they could start.  Did they upgrade parts of the project, did something unexpected come up during construction etc.  I have no problem with projects being delayed to be completed correctly so these projects do not turn into the presidents house at NDSU.  

You are also telling this story as the friend of a friend.  Hard to believe every detail is being repeated.  If true, why continue to work on projects you aren't getting paid for?  

As a commercial lender I would find this very hard to believe.  Can't imagine a contractor not filing a mechanic's lien on a project they didn't get paid for.  On top of that, North Dakota has a law called the Prompt Pay Act which states that contractors must get paid within 45 days of completed work on public projects.  The law also states the a general contractor is required to pay any subcontractor within 45 days of receiving payment from the public entity.  So in conclusion, your "source" is full of crap.  

Drops mic, walks off.

• Upvote 2

As a commercial lender I would find this very hard to believe.  Can't imagine a contractor not filing a mechanic's lien on a project they didn't get paid for.  On top of that, North Dakota has a law called the Prompt Pay Act which states that contractors must get paid within 45 days of completed work on public projects.  The law also states the a general contractor is required to pay any subcontractor within 45 days of receiving payment from the public entity.  So in conclusion, your "source" is full of crap.  

Drops mic, walks off.

My source said the NDSU football players are getting upset that the money is drying up under the table. And they are starting to believe its a shell game. They are now starting to think about going to the NCAA. The kingdom might collapse for NDSU football soon. 

Drops mic, walks off.

Contractor---as in construction correct?  Its not construction related.

Contractor---as in construction correct?  Its not construction related.

Well, I suppose its a good thing that the Prompt Pay Act doesn't only apply to contractors on construction projects but also any entity that provides goods or services to a public entity.  Theres only two ways that it doesn't apply:

1. The original contract that was agreed upon set out a payment schedule.  Your buddy's buddy would have to agree to this

or

2. There is litigation involved.  Which means your buddy's buddy screwed up and they are going to court.  If the courts find that your buddy's buddy wasn't at fault he would receive his full payment plus monthly interest that accrues at 1.75% per month or 21% per year.

Bro, you're wrong.  Give it up.

Edited by NewUNDAlum

Well, I suppose its a good thing that the Prompt Pay Act doesn't only apply to contractors on construction projects but also any entity that provides goods or services to a public entity.  Theres only two way that it doesn't apply:

1. The original contract that was agreed upon set out a payment schedule.  Your buddy's buddy would have to agree to this

or

2. There is litigation involved.  Which means your buddy's buddy screwed up and they are going to court.  If the courts find that your buddy's buddy wasn't at fault he would receive his full payment plus monthly interest that accrues at 1.75% per month or 21% per year.

Bro, you're wrong.  Give it up.

The company has to report the non-delayed-payment for those action to take place.  They arent reporting because they arent going to bite the hand that feeds them even if the food truck is coming late.

I guess the bigger question is why would UND knowingly break the law. Or they just know they wont be reported? Thanks. Youve brought up a very interesting legal quagmire.

The company has to report the non-delayed-payment for those action to take place.  They arent reporting because they arent going to bite the hand that feeds them even if the food truck is coming late.

I guess the bigger question is why would UND knowingly break the law. Or they just know they wont be reported? Thanks. Youve brought up a very interesting legal quagmire.

I suggest you contact the AG then.  Let me know how it works out for you.

Edited by NewUNDAlum

you apparently do care if you brought all this up

Just passing along information. Didnt think the back lash would be this bad. I find it interesting that a few were ok that projects were delayed because of funding but other took it personal and couldnt be open mined enough to think there are issues. Goes with the territory I guess.

Just passing along information. Didnt think the back lash would be this bad. I find it interesting that a few were ok that projects were delayed because of funding but other took it personal and couldnt be open mined enough to think there are issues. Goes with the territory I guess.

information?   lol.   let us know when you start to provide some "information."  we're all ears.  (or in this case, eyes)