SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Athletics High Performance Center

GeauxSioux

• 4 weeks later...

We have the only track on the planet that has the Super X surface, plus inlaid lane lines, Galbraith said, All the markings on the surface are inlaid; they're not painted. There is no other track on the planet that has the whole suite of technology that we have."

$10 of the $13 Million came from two corporate sponsors with one being $9 Million. Meaning the rest of the donations only totaled 23%.

Which could mean without more large future corporate sponsors phase II could take awhile. 

13 minutes ago, Cratter said:

$10 of the $13 Million came from two corporate sponsors with one being $9 Million. Meaning the rest of the donations only totaled 23%.

Which could mean without more large future corporate sponsors phase II could take awhile. 

That's pretty much how all big ticket items work across the country.

12 minutes ago, niouxsiouxfan said:

Exactly.Look at the funding problems the Goofs are having.  Even with large donations in and coming.

Well, when you have been mediocre to average in all of your major programs (except hockey) for years, it is hard to convince people to donate money to the athletic department. In order to generate excitement and passion in your programs, you need to have some sort of winning tradition. Other than hockey, what do they have to hang their hat on? Nothing.

Went to my first Vikings game at TCF Bank.

Not impressed. It's like they built the concourse with the thought it would never sell out. So crowded in the concourse people ( & I) at one point moved five feet in ten minutes...Lots of people unhappy and turned around to go to their seats, ....Half the seats are the old school bench seats, and one of the end zones scoreboard is smaller than the Alerus's, and a  "Video Ring" that only goes a few yards (unlike most that go the whole arena like the Ralph or at least half).

If one didn't know any better they'd think TCF Bank Stadium was built in the 90's.

54 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Went to my first Vikings game at TCF Bank.

Not impressed. It's like they built the concourse with the thought it would never sell out. So crowded in the concourse people ( & I) at one point moved five feet in ten minutes...Lots of people unhappy and turned around to go to their seats, ....Half the seats are the old school bench seats, and one of the end zones scoreboard is smaller than the Alerus's, and a  "Video Ring" that only goes a few yards (unlike most that go the whole arena like the Ralph or at least half).

If one didn't know any better they'd think TCF Bank Stadium was built in the 90's.

Me and my girlfriend were there on Sunday in that bitter cold. That concourse was crowded. The sightlines are pretty good in that place.

Next year, they'll be in U.S. Bank Stadium and I cannot wait to set foot into that place.

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Phase 2, most likely

I understand that, but pointing out that one of the most basic recruiting tools in college athletics appears to be missing from UND football for over 15 years? 

Plenty of former players on this site to give some insight...

Update: I asked Jayson via Twitter. He said they do at Memorial but no photos. I only recently (accidentally) ran into the NDSU one online...its in Bison Illustrated pdf so Its no easy to link to. Its decent, but no UND mens hockey (but few college sports do) and realized/curious I had never seen UND's.

Wasn't there a sort of "sioux illustrated" back in the day I remember around the time of the new Ralph? 

Musta also ran out of "resources"....seems to be a trend at UND...wonder where all these resources are going? 

Or was it UND is waiting til they "aren't crappy" to start more marketing? :whistling:

• Upvote 2

Found the Bisons Fargodome players lounge. If you are curious:

https://issuu.com/fmspotlight/docs/bi_nov15_final_w_poster

Go to page 57-58 of 150 pages (wow that's a lot of pages for one months magazine)....its pretty amazing looking at there backlog issues (Not afraid to admit I'm jealous).

*I'm working in the BSA right now, and doing a google search sent me to that link. The BSA is bigger than it appears, not necessarily the arena side (to see what it currently looks like go to a few pages back from 57) but all the offices, weights, locker rooms arena....its not even close to being done to make any comparison yet.

11 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Found the Bisons Fargdome players lounge. If you are curious:

https://issuu.com/fmspotlight/docs/bi_nov15_final_w_poster

Go to page 57-58 of 150 pages (wow that's a lot of pages for one months magazine)....its pretty amazing looking at there backlog issues (Not afraid to admit I'm jealous).

You are on a roll today. Keep calm and have a great weekend!

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Haha I know. I was there last weekend and after Saturday I have to believe they can only improve.

What is the stat? Duluth is 1-9 vs top 10 or 20 in college hockey this year?

One of these years we'll get together in Denver, I'll bring Grant and Dave.

See ya in Tampa though, flights a few weeks ago were under $200 from Minneapolis nonstop roundtrip!!

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Cratter said:

Wasn't there a sort of "sioux illustrated" back in the day I remember around the time of the new Ralph? 

Musta also ran out of "resources"....seems to be a trend at UND...wonder where all these resources are going? 

Or was it UND is waiting til they "aren't crappy" to start more marketing? :whistling:

VPs of Diversity and similar positions. 

• Upvote 1

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 5:11 PM, Cratter said:

Bison Illustrated is a product of Spotlight Media in Fargo.  It's a for profit magazine. Owned and operated by Mike Dragosivich(sp?), former Punter.

Resouces=Revenue and right now biSon crap is easy to market. 

18 minutes ago, MoreSiouxForYou said:

Bison Illustrated is a product of Spotlight Media in Fargo.  It's a for profit magazine. Owned and operated by Mike Dragosivich(sp?), former Punter.

Resouces=Revenue and right now biSon crap is easy to market. 

Yup lot easier to sell ads in a town the size of Fargo.