SiouxSports.com Forum

SDSU at UND

homer

After watching the highlights of their win versus Butler it looks like they did the same thing defensively: show nothing and play straight up. Very hard to learn anything from either defenses IMHO.

I am really looking forward to this game...I want to know where we are at as a program and this game seems like the perfect way to find out.

After watching the highlights of their win versus Butler it looks like they did the same thing defensively: show nothing and play straight up. Very hard to learn anything from either defenses IMHO.

I am really looking forward to this game...I want to know where we are at as a program and this game seems like the perfect way to find out.

I've been looking for highlights where did you find them?

Yep, his name was included as well. LBs will see plenty of action this week.

Edit: I re-read the tweet. Said Mussman expects most back. Listed Ratelle, Walker, Jackson, Kuska and Labat. We will need all hands on deck this week. Depth isn't there at some positions.

I just hope that its not one of those lingering ankle injuries that he can play through but it limits his effectiveness while on the field...kind of like golladay last year....i was expecting big big things from ratelle this year...

I agree with the others who said this game will be very telling about what the team is capable of. A bad showing here will not sit well for our other tough games. I'm not seeing a blowout here, so if we step it up, it should be a big W.

We need that signature win, and while this isn't that much coveted FBS win, it will have to do.

One thing we can't do is let SDSU turn the game into a track meet. We can't go into this thing just hoping just to outscore SDSU. The defense has to hold and keep things reasonable. We can win, but we can't put up numbers like we did against Valpo. Please show some "D". Please, please, please.

I've read on a few message boards where the predictions are for either UND to get pounded or SDSU to just win comfortably. I seem to remember those same predictions prior to UND playing Northern Iowa, when UND was still D2. Let's hope the results are the same.

The difference is UND had better coaching and a better defense back in those days against Northern Iowa. Honestly not trying to stir anything up, but I think it is true. I equate this UND staff to NDSU's Babich staff. Maybe not quite as bad as Babich, but close.

The Jacks do have a pretty solid passing game but watching them play Butler they weren't as clean in the passing game as maybe the stats show. I think they can be a very good throwing team if need be but Sumner had some throws in which the timing was off or the ball was just underthrown. I did think Butler did a very good job of tightening up the run defense after the first drive in which Zenner carries twice for about 80 yards and the TD. Hopefully UND can contain the run and force SDSU to attempt to win the game through the air.

we need to have 12k or more people there making noise on each and every play.... the crowd needs to able to force a couple of false starts on 3rd and 3 to make it 3rd and 8 and then 3rd and 13....

Jacks handled the noise in Fargo just fine last year.

The Jacks do have a pretty solid passing game but watching them play Butler they weren't as clean in the passing game as maybe the stats show. I think they can be a very good throwing team if need be but Sumner had some throws in which the timing was off or the ball was just underthrown. I did think Butler did a very good job of tightening up the run defense after the first drive in which Zenner carries twice for about 80 yards and the TD. Hopefully UND can contain the run and force SDSU to attempt to win the game through the air.

That's the way it works with Zenner. 3...3...5...3...80.