SiouxSports.com Forum

SDSU at UND

homer

In spite of some fan criticism at both NDSU and at SDSU, the schools stuck with both Stig and Bohl. Now look at them. Let's not be hasty. I also agree that how one comes out on sound bites has very little to do with how good a coach is.

Bohl at least had a couple good seasons and some impressive wins before he had those down years. Muss has done nothing to earn a pass.

So who's excited for the game tomorrow?

I am excited and will be driving up with the family for the game. I am also sick of the same people always calling for the coaches job. What coaches do is difficult enough and unless you have been in a situation like it you wouldn't have the first clue. Hell, even from school to school the job can very dramatically. I get that it is a results profession but this job has had far more challenges than most during the transition. UND needs to have a good year but can we at least wait until the season is over before we start trying to fire people.

I wonder what it would be like if I just started walking around and demanding that people get fired when I don't like how they work or I get poor service. Maybe we could start by firing message board posters?

• Upvote 4

I am very excited for the game! Unfortunately I have a fantasy football draft at 6 mtn. I am going on a media blackout tomorrow night until I watch the dvr of the game after the draft. Fortunately it is a live draft so technology is forbidden. Phone will even be turned off so nobody sends a revealing text.

After watching last weeks game, I think Jacks will be able to run and unless we get some sort of pressure they will also throw. I know we didnt' show much last week, but we only sacked the Valpo kid once. Even playing base stuff our kids need to do better than that. Alsowe need to clean up the missed arm tackles.

I think we should be able to throw on anyone. It will be interesting to see if we can run. If Bartels struggles and they don't go to Mollberg early, it will be a long season. If Miller struggles and they don't get anyone else in, it will be a long season. I liked what Sparks did last week and the only time we saw him last year. Granted they weren't good teams and it was second half but he still showed great quickenss and broke tackles. Shaugaby didn't get many carries other than goaline and we need to see more of him so we know what these other guys can do. I think we will need to score 40 or more to be in it but if we can play defense we can win this. One of our staring LBS went down. Labatt is supposed to play this game and I have been anxious t see him at this level.

No excuses for crowd less than 12,000. Night game and great matchup.

• Upvote 2

Labatt is supposed to play this game and I have been anxious t see him at this level.

I'm very excited to see Labatt as well. I thought he may have been the most underrated player in his class. Great athlete and perfect frame for a good LB. Rare athletic ability to be able to cover the pass will make him an asset.

After watching last weeks game, I think Jacks will be able to run and unless we get some sort of pressure they will also throw. I know we didnt' show much last week, but we only sacked the Valpo kid once. Even playing base stuff our kids need to do better than that. Alsowe need to clean up the missed arm tackles.

I think we should be able to throw on anyone. It will be interesting to see if we can run. If Bartels struggles and they don't go to Mollberg early, it will be a long season. If Miller struggles and they don't get anyone else in, it will be a long season. I liked what Sparks did last week and the only time we saw him last year. Granted they weren't good teams and it was second half but he still showed great quickenss and broke tackles. Shaugaby didn't get many carries other than goaline and we need to see more of him so we know what these other guys can do. I think we will need to score 40 or more to be in it but if we can play defense we can win this. One of our staring LBS went down. Labatt is supposed to play this game and I have been anxious t see him at this level.

No excuses for crowd less than 12,000. Night game and great matchup.

I went on ticketmaster and there are still seats available but on the visitors side only the far endzone (probably the SDSU section) still has seats and on the home side its pretty sporadic with the endzones having the most tickets available my estimated guess about 1-2k remain.

I'm about ready to snap reading all of this pessimism. There's a very big very exciting game tomorrow and you guys are talking about what it will take to fire our coach or keep him this season? You're kidding me right? We're 1-0 and haven't even opened either play book yet. Was the first game perfect? No. Should we have shut them out? Yea. Could we have scored 100 pts? Sure. We won the damn game and tomorrow is the type of game we've been wanting at the Alerus for years. That's something to be excited about. Knock this bullshlt off about how the program is floundering and get excited for the damn game tomorrow. Let the team decide how good they are, don't tag their toes before they even have a chance to prove themselves. We have the #6 team in our house and they're a historical rival of ours. It's a huge opportunity for the team. What more could we ask for other than playing NDSU? Let's enjoy this game.

Agreed, thus my prediction on a 70-0 UND victory. Too much pessimism going on right now. Believe me, I have some doubts as well, but it's early in the season, we have a top 10 team at home and have a chance to make a statement to the rest of FCS. I'm in full blown "homer" mode for this week. Time to show the Bunnies why they haven't won in GF since 1989!!!

I am excited and will be driving up with the family for the game. I am also sick of the same people always calling for the coaches job. What coaches do is difficult enough and unless you have been in a situation like it you wouldn't have the first clue. Hell, even from school to school the job can very dramatically. I get that it is a results profession but this job has had far more challenges than most during the transition. UND needs to have a good year but can we at least wait until the season is over before we start trying to fire people.

I wonder what it would be like if I just started walking around and demanding that people get fired when I don't like how they work or I get poor service. Maybe we could start by firing message board posters?

"Fire -insert coach name here" threads accomplish nothing, it's okay to discuss what the team needs to do to turn a ship around. A true fan of a college team (which as a reminder is made up of student-athletes) doesn't start those types of threads.
  • Upvote 2

Only Two Thoughts:

1. I am very excited for the game tomorrow, including tailgating! Weather should be great.
  2. I am not going to bring up Mussman or predictions or anymore possibly playoff scenarios until after tomorrow’s game. We know essentially nothing about this year’s team, and until after tomorrow’s game, we won’t know anything. Perhaps this year’s D has made a huge turnaround and Bartels is the next great UND QB, or maybe the D hasn’t improved and we’ll get run all over. Won’t know until tomorrow night. Period. But that makes it so exciting!!
  • Upvote 1

I really feel like we're going into this game blind. There are so many unknowns right now that could go either way. It's alot of suspense and not having a feel for this team makes me nervous. Time for the team to show everyone how hard they worked in the offseason and how pissed off they are at the lack of respect they get.

I really feel like we're going into this game blind. There are so many unknowns right now that could go either way. It's alot of suspense and not having a feel for this team makes me nervous. Time for the team to show everyone how hard they worked in the offseason and how pissed off they are at the lack of respect they get.

I think we'll have a little idea on how SDSU attacks the 3-4 which hopefully helps us out.

I think the feeling is mutual. UND didn't have to show much against Valpo and we didn't have to show much against Butler.

We have another wide receiver to add to the mix. He's a JC transfer who had some issue with the Clearinghouse so he did not play against Butler. The issue has been resolved and we expect to see him get some snaps at UND. Another 6-4 or 6-5 guy with decent speed and good hands -- was an award winner for Omaha North in high school.

An objective viewer -- someone who's not a fan of either school -- will likely enjoy this game. Of course, I'm going with the 'Rabbits for the win but I don't think it will be lopsided.

Would love to be there in person, but look forward to watching it in HD down here in Kansas City (will be doing a little switching back and forth to the Michigan game, hoping they can the other ND). Was able to see the Valpo game in person and plan on driving up for the EW game and Vermont series next month. I think our two QB's are the real deal, regardless of how they do the next 3-4 weeks; may take them a while to grow into the job as they gain experience against some top-ranked teams. There's bound to be some tough lessons learned the hard way.