SiouxSports.com Forum

SDSU at UND

homer

3 NCAA championships, 11 b1g championships, 1 Olympic gold medal, 4 time national coach of the year, 0 NCAA infractions, donated millions for a new library at UI, had a 80% graduation rate among his players when the national average is 42% in DI.

Don't let a chair throw fool you. He is one of the most well respected men in NCAA/sports history.

I believe that whole chair-throwing incident was contrived to get his team fired up (I think they were losing that game).

I'd say SDSUs best passing weapon is their TE. He's big and very athletic. He's the kind of TE we need.

the te position at und for the past few years has been nonexistent...??? seth nichols the last couple of years was 6'5 with nice hands and decent feet and he maybe caught ten passes in two years????

I believe that whole chair-throwing incident was contrived to get his team fired up (I think they were losing that game).

Actually I saw that game live - yah they were losing, don't know of many coaches that throw chairs when they are winning. Not going to debate the legacy of Bobby Knight it speaks for itself.

If SDSU wins 49-17 UND is far far below where they need to be at this point post transition.

My scenerios for the game:

~Zenner runs wild. SDSU 31 UND 20.

~UND shuts down the run, turns into a track meet SDSU 38 UND 35.

~UND defense of old shows up and the guy who claims to be a non biased fan is spot on.

if edwards was almost "unblockable" last year in camp what has changed now that his redshirt year is over to keep him from starting???? i've never seen someone describe henson or stanchick as "unblockable" ever?

i'm not too worried about the offensive line and if the correct d-line guys play i'm not too worried about them either...

I know that us Bison fans like to tease you guys over Muss and his "playing close", but if SDSU barely eeks out a win, FCS fans will take note. I would expect SDSU to control most aspects of the game. I am looking forward to watching this on Directv as it is a pretty interesting match up.

What channel on DirecTV is this game going to be on?

Let's look at this game dispassionately for a minute. If it seems like I'm tempering expectations for this game it is because I am. UND certainly may upset the Jacks,but...

The Jacks have a solid core of experienced guys coming off a season that saw them earn a home playoff game win, then lose on the road to the national champion. They are ranked #6 coming in. UND finished middle of the pack in their conference, got blown out by the top of the conference, lost their QB and are now starting a freshman, a running game which worries no one, a defense which was historically bad last year and are HOPING for improvement this year, and yes, have arguably the best receiving corps in the country.

Getting blown out is unacceptable, but there is no shame in losing this game. SDSU looks to be just flat out better than UND.

if edwards was almost "unblockable" last year in camp what has changed now that his redshirt year is over to keep him from starting? ??? i've never seen someone describe henson or stanchick as "unblockable" ever?

i'm not too worried about the offensive line and if the correct d-line guys play i'm not too worried about them either...

I believe Muss alluded to it on the Coach's Show on the radio the other night, that it's possible that you could see Edwards and Cheatom on the field at the same time. It just depends on the situation and what UND is looking to do.

Getting blown out is unacceptable, but there is no shame in losing this game. SDSU looks to be just flat out better than UND.

So do both MT schools and EWU, but at some point UND has to win a couple of these games to take a step forward. Close losses/moral victories or going "toe to toe" has to stop being an excuse at some point for this program.

• Upvote 4

So do both MT schools and EWU, but at some point UND has to win a couple of these games to take a step forward. Close losses/moral victories or going "toe to toe" has to stop being an excuse at some point for this program.

I agree, but we also have to get to a point where we analyze both teams coming into the game and we say "UND looks as good or better than (EWU, MSU, etc.). I think in another year we will be there vs some of the teams perennially at the top of the conference.

I agree, but we also have to get to a point where we analyze both teams coming into the game and we say "UND looks as good or better than (EWU, MSU, etc.). I think in another year we will be there vs some of the teams perennially at the top of the conference.

So IF we go 0-3 this month vs. the Big 3 on our schedule, Muss gets a pass again for another year?

• Upvote 2

I believe Muss alluded to it on the Coach's Show on the radio the other night, that it's possible that you could see Edwards and Cheatom on the field at the same time. It just depends on the situation and what UND is looking to do.

I don't think they pulled Cheatom's redshirt to have him get limited reps. They mentioned in the preseason that Cheatom could play both NG and DE. Edwards if finally getting healthy and will get more and more reps as the season moves along. I am hoping to see this combination this weekend.

I suppose it would depend on how he finishes out the year...

Lose all 3 this month I see ZERO chance they beat EWU and you can't expect them to go undefeated on the road...so 6-5 is at best what you are looking at. Yipee!!!

IMO the next 2 game will determine the rest of this season. A loss vs. SDSU, a playoff team, won't tank the season but coupled w a loss to the Griz with the Cats to follow...Yikes.

• Upvote 1