SiouxSports.com Forum

SDSU at UND

homer

Watched the local sports during the 10 pm newscast last night on TV. First segment was Bohl on this weekend's game. 2nd was Muss on this weekend's game. Stark contrast on how they present themselves and carry themselves and communicate. Just an observation...

• Upvote 4

Watched the local sports during the 10 pm newscast last night on TV. First segment was Bohl on this weekend's game. 2nd was Muss on this weekend's game. Stark contrast on how they present themselves and carry themselves and communicate. Just an observation...

One is confident and a leader (questionable morals aside), the other isn't.

I think you worry too much about these things. If anything I'd chalk it up to the age difference between the two. Bohl probably sounded a whole lot different 15 years ago when he was chasing co-eds around Lincoln too.

• Upvote 1

Wow, I've got to be honest, I'm sure it's me, but I can't tell whether a person is a good coach or not a good coach, just by their sound bites at a press conference. Is that the same coach on the practice field, in meetings..etc? I don't go to practices and I don't go to meetings so I honestly can't comment. Some coach's embrace the time in front of the camera and microphone some don't.

Tim Brewster sounded and looked pretty bold and confident in front of a microphone as well. A lot more to coaching than how you sound in a couple of sound bites.

• Upvote 2

How does Belichik interview? Loads of charisma right? There's more than one way to get the job done.

The problem is he hasn't got the job done. I'm not saying he won't eventually get it done, but how long do we wait? 10 years? 15 years? He hasn't delivered yet. It's fine if supporters are optimistic for this season, as am I, but don't commend the man for doing nothing so far. He's obviously on a different level (in a bad way) compared to Bohl. Now, hopefully this season is the year Mussman takes a big jump as a leader/coach by getting us into the playoffs and it starts this weekend vs. South Dakota State.

• Upvote 1

It just boggles my mind how people on this thread state “if this gets into a passing war I give the edge to UND”. I guess I am just a curious person, but what makes you come to that conclusion? Do you not recall the year previous to Zenner? Do you not recall that Sumner was the freshman of the year in MVC and set the record for passing yards? Just boggles my mind that many of you have stated their passing game is just okay. Last year he may have had a downfall but who wouldn’t with torn ligaments in their throwing hand, he had one ligament left attaching part of the thumb? If you do a little research it is stated “that not many quarterbacks are comparable to Sumner in the FCS….and or FBS”…Not sure if you have seen him play but he has the smarts, technique, and arm to punish teams…and that’s just a bonus with the beast Zenner in the backfield. Prediction SDSU wins 49-17

Wow, I've got to be honest, I'm sure it's me, but I can't tell whether a person is a good coach or not a good coach, just by their sound bites at a press conference. Is that the same coach on the practice field, in meetings..etc? I don't go to practices and I don't go to meetings so I honestly can't comment. Some coach's embrace the time in front of the camera and microphone some don't.

I think to a certain degree acting like a confident leader makes a difference, but it certainly isn't everything. With that said, Mussman hasn't produced and his timid coaching style has led to losses vs. DII teams and blowouts vs good FCS teams. Not to mention that elephant in the room that is no FBS wins while NDSU has knocked off 4 in a row. Like I've said before though, lets get through these next 5 games and see then where he's at for this season.

• Upvote 1

How does Belichik interview? Loads of charisma right? There's more than one way to get the job done.

Please tell me you are not trying to compare and contrast Belichick and Mussman. That is apples and oranges x 1000. I am on the fence about Mussman, but I do think this is a big season for him and his staff.

It just boggles my mind how people on this thread state “if this gets into a passing war I give the edge to UND”. I guess I am just a curious person, but what makes you come to that conclusion? Do you not recall the year previous to Zenner? Do you not recall that Sumner was the freshman of the year in MVC and set the record for passing yards? Just boggles my mind that many of you have stated their passing game is just okay. Last year he may have had a downfall but who wouldn’t with torn ligaments in their throwing hand, he had one ligament left attaching part of the thumb? If you do a little research it is stated “that not many quarterbacks are comparable to Sumner in the FCS….and or FBS”…Not sure if you have seen him play but he has the smarts, technique, and arm to punish teams…and that’s just a bonus with the beast Zenner in the backfield. Prediction SDSU wins 49-17

No way it's that lopsided. 2 TDs at the most. Now, if it is that lopsided, well, then....

The problem is he hasn't got the job done. I'm not saying he won't eventually get it done, but how long do we wait? 10 years? 15 years? He hasn't delivered yet. It's fine if supporters are optimistic for this season, as am I, but don't commend the man for doing nothing so far. He's obviously on a different level (in a bad way) compared to Bohl. Now, hopefully this season is the year Mussman takes a big jump as a leader/coach by getting us into the playoffs and it starts this weekend vs. South Dakota State.

Just remember Bohl couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag going into 2010 and now look at him. They about to erect a statue of a giant golden cue ball in his honor.

• Upvote 1

Sounds like your mind is really boggled. Happen to be an SDSU fan?

Not a fan of either just like to read all of the different forums out there....but in all reality if it comes down to a passing contest there is no way UND can hang. But to each their own as they say.

Oh boy. First two posts ever and he is throwing out Rapala's right off the bat. Quality start!

• Upvote 2

I don't think anyone said if its a passing war- Edge UND (I could not find it posted anywhere). Most everything I've read has stated that we need to slow down one of the best RBs in FCS. If the bunnies are throwing the ball a bunch its a good sign for UND. That either means that UND is succeeding in slowing down Zenner or is ahead in the ball game. Sumner may be good, but SDSU is a run first team and thats not going to change this weekend.

Not a fan of either just like to read all of the different forums out there....but in all reality if it comes down to a passing contest there is no way UND can hang. But to each their own as they say.

Not a fan of either but you happen to know everything there is to possibly know about Sumner. Got it.

Also, a person doesn't need the second ligament in their thumb to throw a ball or do anything for that matter. They remove that ligament when they need one to splice in somewhere else. That is a dogsh*t excuse.

• Upvote 1

If UND gets an early lead and the game turns into a wide open passing game, advantage UND. This was just one of the posts...there was another on the first page....If I was a sdsu fan I would take that anyday becasue I dont believe UND has the defense to stop the passing game of state regardless if states run is working or not...and you have to throw Rapals's out right away dont you.

Know all about Sumner...far from....wrote what anyone can read in the paper...UND is a sub-par team and I get your a fan of them but be realistic...and are you a surgeon now that you know all the specefics of what they did to his thumb? Huh...Why dont you go try throwing a football or gripping a hammer...or doing that thing you enjoy doing so much with torn ligaments in your thumb...your obviously ignorant to the situation.